How do i Install Windows 8 on my Laptop??

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asus Eee.

Specs are here:https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/Eee_PC_1000H/specifications/

i am unsure if it will make much of a difference though tbh :unsure:
The most comparable machine I've done tests with is the Acer Aspire ONE D250, which also has 1GB of RAM and uses the Intel Atom N270. It definitely felt snappier on Windows 10 than on Windows 7, but it was sluggish regardless because of its hardware specs. Upgrading it to 2GB RAM made a big difference.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Performing this method of updating to Windows 10 for free is not illegal. However, activating Windows 7/8.1 for free through illegitimate means before the update is illegal.

It is free, Microsoft still gives that update out through that link. Updated my W8 tablet with that before selling it.

No, I said download ISO without activate key and crack it is illegal. That's what I am saying. :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I said download ISO without activate key and crack it is illegal. That's what I am saying. :)
Downloading a Windows 10 ISO for free is perfectly legal. Microsoft offers the tools to do so. Performing the Windows 10 activation guide above also isn't illegal.

Using something like Daz's loader or Microsoft Toolkit to activate Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 respectively is illegal.

D

Deleted User

It's free if you shove activator up it's ass.
Win10 is free but it will reboot by itself everytime it detects a new update.
I suggest buying it rather than having to deal with shit being rebooted endless of times and then suddenly update problems.
Home is cheapest version of Win10.

You can also install Win8.1 without giving key but 30-day trial and your system is as usable as very old IBM PCs.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's free if you shove activator up it's ass.
Win10 is free but it will reboot by itself everytime it detects a new update.
I suggest buying it rather than having to deal with shit being rebooted endless of times and then suddenly update problems.
Home is cheapest version of Win10.

You can also install Win8.1 without giving key but 30-day trial and your system is as usable as very old IBM PCs.
What does buying a Windows 10 license have to do it with it rebooting or not rebooting during the Windows Update process?

D

Deleted User

What does buying a Windows 10 license have to do it with it rebooting or not rebooting during the Windows Update process?
Free Windows 10 (Aka, the one without giving serial key and stuff, or trial version) will forcefully shutdown your PC and proceed to install update even if you're doing something. It will inform you.
Atleast that's how it worked since AU

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free Windows 10 (Aka, the one without giving serial key and stuff, or trial version) will forcefully shutdown your PC and proceed to install update even if you're doing something. It will inform you.
Atleast that's how it worked since AU
That's why it's important to have an activated license. If one follows the guide I posted earlier, there's no reason to buy one.

Reactions: Deleted User

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
The most comparable machine I've done tests with is the Acer Aspire ONE D250, which also has 1GB of RAM and uses the Intel Atom N270. It definitely felt snappier on Windows 10 than on Windows 7, but it was sluggish regardless because of its hardware specs. Upgrading it to 2GB RAM made a big difference.

Okay so this is weird. Despite the fact that my laptop is definitely called the Asus Eee. The specs in the "System information" section of Win 7 show me that my laptop has 2GB ram NOT 1Gb which is weird.

Here is a screenshot that i just took of my laptop's specs: (sorry about this, i just realized)

http://imgur.com/a/xEpYO

So since you said earlier that 2Gb ram made a big difference. I am guessing i should update then and see how better the performance is!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so this is weird. Despite the fact that my laptop is definitely called the Asus Eee. The specs in the "System information" section of Win 7 show me that my laptop has 2GB ram NOT 1Gb which is weird.

Here is a screenshot that i just took of my laptop's specs: (sorry about this, i just realized)

So since you said earlier that 2Gb ram made a big difference. I am guessing i should update then and see how better the performance is!
Windows 10 is likely to run better than Windows 7 regardless of whether you have 1GB of RAM or 2GB of RAM.

D

Deleted User

Does your Laptop have CDROM drive? If not then flash iso via Rufus to your Pendrive and boot to it via BIOS.
You can always try installing it from Win7 itself but if you're feeling lucky.

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Does your Laptop have CDROM drive? If not then flash iso via Rufus to your Pendrive and boot to it via BIOS.
You can always try installing it from Win7 itself but if you're feeling lucky.

Nope my this laptop doesn't have a CDROM drive.
Windows 10 is likely to run better than Windows 7 regardless of whether you have 1GB of RAM or 2GB of RAM.

Alright cool. So regarding your method, after reading it, 2 steps confuse me slightly:

"Step 1: Copy gatherosstate.exe from the Windows 10 ISO you'll be using to the desktop on the Windows 7/8.1 machine"

Where do i obtain the ISO for win 10. You said it wasnt illegal to use this method right? So it should be legal to share the links here? unless im mistaken

And Step 5 " Install a compatible edition of Windows 10 on the system without entering a key. For example, Windows 7 Ultimate updates to Windows 10 Pro. Installing the wrong edition will cause this method to fail. During this step, you can do either an upgrade installation or a clean installation. It does not matter which you do"

So essentually, here you are saying since i am already on Win 7 Ultimate the ISO that i need will be the Win 10 pro right? and i take the Gatherosstate.exe from that right? and follow your steps? am i right?

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope my this laptop doesn't have a CDROM drive.

Alright cool. So regarding your method, after reading it, 2 steps confuse me slightly:

"Step 1: Copy gatherosstate.exe from the Windows 10 ISO you'll be using to the desktop on the Windows 7/8.1 machine"

Where do i obtain the ISO for win 10. You said it wasnt illegal to use this method right? So it should be legal to share the links here? unless im mistaken

And Step 5 " Install a compatible edition of Windows 10 on the system without entering a key. For example, Windows 7 Ultimate updates to Windows 10 Pro. Installing the wrong edition will cause this method to fail. During this step, you can do either an upgrade installation or a clean installation. It does not matter which you do"

So essentually, here you are saying since i am already on Win 7 Ultimate the ISO that i need will be the Win 10 pro right? and i take the Gatherosstate.exe from that right? and follow your steps? am i right?
Download the tool here. You can use that to legally download the Windows 10 ISO: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Everything else is correct.

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Download the tool here. You can use that to legally download the Windows 10 ISO: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

Everything else is correct.

Thank you very much for everything. I will report back with success hopefully. Oh and just one more quick one: i am guessing once i have followed your steps. I probably will have a crapton of updates to install via the Windows update option right? (if yes then fun times ahead :rofl2:)

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i recently picked up a mini pre-owned laptop due to its portability.

However, they laptop itself is on some form of Windows 7 and i want to upgrade the Operating System to Windows 8 since as far as i am aware that operating system is free whereas Windows 10 isnt.

The laptop which i purchased second hand is the Asuse Eee 1000:

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/Eee_PC_1000H/

I already own a HP intel Pentium that is on Windows 10 but i really need another laptop that is smaller on windows 8.

So can anyone help me on installing WIN8 on my mini laptop?

Update:

The actual operating system on the mini laptop is :Genuine Windows® XP Home

Don't.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for everything. I will report back with success hopefully. Oh and just one more quick one: i am guessing once i have followed your steps. I probably will have a crapton of updates to install via the Windows update option right? (if yes then fun times ahead :rofl2:)
You will have updates to install, but it will be the Creators Update ISO you download. In other words, you'll only have a few months of updates.

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
You will have updates to install, but it will be the Creators Update ISO you download. In other words, you'll only have a few months of updates.

Eh? using this tool i download the Win 10 pro iso right? What is this about downloading the Creators iso? diddnt you say in step 5 to ensure that i download the correct compatible version?

And regarding that Win 10 creators update. When is it releasing WW? i have been waiting for it to drop on my Win 10 home version on my main laptop. But i haven't seen it pop up yet. It is kinda weird since i am sure it is coming out for other people.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh? using this tool i download the Win 10 pro iso right?

And regarding that Win 10 creators update. When is it releasing WW? i have been waiting for it to drop on my Win 10 home version on my main laptop. But i haven't seen it pop up yet. It is kinda weird since i am sure it is coming out for other people.
Using the tool, you download the Windows 10 Pro ISO, yes.

You can download and install the Creators Update manually on your Windows 10 Home machine. The update started being pushed to all systems at the end of July.

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Using the tool, you download the Windows 10 Pro ISO, yes.

You can download and install the Creators Update manually on your Windows 10 Home machine. The update started being pushed to all systems at the end of July.

Any news on when it will be pushed via the "windows update" feature? i would rather download it using the windows update feature rather than manually. Or are they not doing that for some reason?

My windows update screen just says this right now lol:

upload_2017-8-7_23-26-8.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-