Gaming how do I go about modding my 360?

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+I'd rather spend 60$ on a modchip and NEVER HAVE TO OPEN MY XBOX EVER AGAIN!!

Really? When you can do the firmware for free?
wacko.gif
Ok BUT that means you x-box stays as a Frankensien always open and never screwed shut.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How so?. Open box , flash it , shut it back up , job done. It takes a couple min to open the box. Hardly a Frankenstien as you put it.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope the white stuff on the chip is this goop that MICROSOFT already put on it. (It was on my old models too)
-Nope all you do is solder the connection points to where the directions say
-I had the NME-LIMITED on my samsung and it just that nasty goopy stuff in the drive anyway just NOT NEARLY AS MUCH as of after i modded it...
-ONLY THE SAMSUNG has to have the chip messed with...
Not the hitachi or the ben-q

+++Why not just keep my 360 closed and update with a simple usb cord???

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope the white stuff on the chip is this goop that MICROSOFT already put on it. (It was on my old models too)
-Nope all you do is solder the connection points to where the directions say
-I had the NME-LIMITED on my samsung and it just that nasty goopy stuff in the drive anyway just NOT NEARLY AS MUCH as of after i modded it...
-ONLY THE SAMSUNG has to have the chip messed with...
Not the hitachi or the ben-q

+++Why not just keep my 360 closed and update with a simple usb cord???

So you admit you have to remove the resin of the samsung drives to fit it , a few posts back you said you don't have to remove anything.

"-ALSO you dont have to remove ANYTHING to make it fit! Simply use 1 foot long wires and mount it to your case with clips you can get from ace hardware that you can melt in!"

So have to dig resing off does not count?. Also as for only the samsung drives having to have resing removed. I give you hitachi 78 main board. http://www.maximusgames.net/images/gdr3120Lv78.jpg

Oh look , the black resin is covering the points the NME uses.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ment just on the benq drives.
-There is ways around the goopy stuff on a hitachi drive if you have a FINE ass point soldering gun and a steady hand.

-(Nope don't need to remove anything to make it fit use 1foot or SLIGHTLY bigger wires so you can mount the chip on the inside of your case. Easy Peezy Lemon Squuezy (You just need some enginuity)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So again you change your opinion. First it's you don't have to remove anything. Then it's you only have to remove expoxy on the samsung , but hitachi and benq are fine. Now it's just the benq.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brosky chill I got mixed up between 3 drives ok, I said to you before i meant the samsung one my bad...
-But hitachis you solder through the goopy shuff with a very fine point soldering gun and steady hand,
-(I did not change anything, I simply made a mistake b/ i am ONLY human.)-

-Hitachi... Just picture the Epoxy is you "substitute" Solder... Get it??

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. DON'T DOUBLE POST!
lecture.gif
- Ace

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Expoxy as a subsitute for solder? , I've heard it all now
rofl2.gif

Maybe you could provide a picture of soldering through the expoxy?. Unless you're just gonna claim it with no proof , just like the all flash 360's are banned within a month.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok like i stated i own the BENQ!

-I watched my friend installed the wires near the chip and he just used the melted apoxy and bonder the wires to the directed places.
-The solder points Without epoxy he used regular solder.
----------------------------------------------------
-Did you refuse to play with blocks or toys as a kid, you CANNOT picture anything man.
-Thats also the point WHY open my 360 when i got a modchip to NEVER have to open it again??

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can picture it , and it's laughable. Melt the epoxy and have it hold the wires in place. Essentially glueing the wires down. Mmm nice substitute for a nice strong solder joint.

As for never having to open your 360 again , that's fine. That's down to you. No problem with that , your choice.

How ever you came in the thread , spouting a load of crap as to why a chip is better and pretty much made up reasons as to why a flashed firmware is bad.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for the benq(which is mine) It is perfect. If you cannot SIMPLY solder some shit or remove epoxy without breaking a nail then ohh well... There is different modchips that are deigned for easy use inside the Hitachi.. OR ones designed for samsung...
-The 2.0 NEM-360 is "UNIVERSAL" so off course it wont make all people happy, that are as hard to please as you

-Put it this way...flashing: Is a bandaid & Modchips: Are stiches

-If i get ripped open(the xbox) i would like sitches on my scar and not a bandaid!

+ You stated you "need a SATA cable" to even have to flash ANY dvd drive so your idea isnt technically "FREE" either.

+I was just saying it isn't a "NEED" to peel the epoxy if you dont "Want
TO", I never said it was best. Now you can be a penny pincher and avoid flash your drive and offer something that is technically MORE dangerouse for there xbox

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much any recent computer will have a sata port + cables , so for most people , it is free.

As to you never said it was best , maybe not directly , but pretty much.

"Do you want the best advice???
-Ok Get a "NME-360 2.0" Modchip! ok (Best on the market by far!)"

Do you want the best advice , get a modchip. Sounds like you're saying modchip is best right there.

Then to back that up you came out with a couple of lies , the best being

"3.Within a Month ANY flashed firmware will be detected AUTOMATICALLY blocking you from xbox live!"

Which in three pages of this thread , you are yet to back up.

"Now you can be a penny pincher and avoid flash your drive and offer something that is technically MORE dangerous for there xbox"

That makes no sense with "avoid" there. I assume you meant , you can be a penny pincher and flash the drive , but offer something that is more dangerous to the xbox?.

In which case , there you go with your lies again.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is wrong with you HazeyTheLazy? Why are you offering false informations to people?

If you want to mod a 360, flash the drive. Modchips aren't that popular and doesn't really offer anything that's worth the extra cost, let alone the risk related to installation (soldering).

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W/E ok kid i'm done with this thread.
-If your cheap and have shakey hands flash your drive
-OR-
1.If you are willing to spend the money and have steady hands SOLDER IT ALL!
2.If you have the have the cash and your are a NIFTY guy and too lazy to remove epoxy then use the epoxy(not highly recommended)

+ Im not lying my friend got banned from some gay error for the altered firmware, So you technically are lying.(Only saying this b/ u are constantly urging to call me a lyer on somthing you have never used.)

-Bottom line is do this how you can, No one is right and None is wrong

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"+ Im not lying my friend got banned from some gay error for the altered firmware, So you technically are lying.(Only saying this b/ u are constantly urging to call me a lyer on somthing you have never used.)"

Yes , that's because you are. Your friend got banned because of a bad backup ,either not stealth or bad sectors. Firmware does not get checked.

I have tested it both ways and all my friends drives EVENTUALLY got bricked

Oh look another lie , drive won't eventually brick. It does not work then magically get bricked.

4.(NME-360 IS NON-TRACEABLE & YOU CAN PLAY BACK-UPS ONLINE... Yes "BACKUPS ON XBOX LIVE!"

Again lie. Nme patches a single data line , which is why you must use the nme patcher to shift the SS to where it checks. Can't utilise stealth sectors , backups are plain to see. People have been banned using nme as well , yet according to you only firmware flash = ban.

And now you just resort to referring to me as KID and if you are cheap , flash your drive.

Nice solid argument for why a chip is better.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not like that at all, I say kidd like how some ppl say mate or dawg, u know?

-Now stop with the lyer thing ok really bugs me, maybe my friends did it wrong. Great way to reall be an ass man...

And the New NME uses 2 different lines of firmware as of 2.0 release

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...