Gaming how do I go about modding my 360?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have to flash the drive to play backups. There is a guide here that will get you started

http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/details/id=61.html

How ever , it only covers the samsung drives and the hitachi drives up to V78. If you have a newer box with a benq drive or the 79 hitachi the guide does not cover it.Hitachi 79 is pretty much the same as doing a v78 though , apart from you must install a 9 wire passkey onto the drive before you can flash.Benq needs nothing extra and the instructions for use are in the readme of the hacked firmware & dosflash/dosflash32 (program for flashing the drive).

This is a picture of the three drives.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EE...lpEEfSZefFv.php.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you want the best advice???
-Ok Get a "NME-360 2.0" Modchip! ok (Best on the market by far!)

-Get a nme-360 b/ Flashing your dvd drive can for-
1.Break Your schnitt
2.If you use bad firmware or even incorrect firmware you dvd drive is bricked!
3.Within a Month ANY flashed firmware will be detected AUTOMATICALLY blocking you from xbox live!
4.(NME-360 IS NON-TRACEABLE & YOU CAN PLAY BACK-UPS ONLINE... Yes "BACKUPS ON XBOX LIVE!"

-I have tested it both ways and all my friends drives EVENTUALLY got bricked, They had to buy a new DVD drive blah blah
& When u use a NME-360 2.0 you have 2 sets of firmware 1st is original 2nd is nme firmware

-HaZeY
(My NME-360 2.0 is the scnitt!)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

1.Break Your schnitt
3.Within a Month ANY flashed firmware will be detected AUTOMATICALLY blocking you from xbox live!
4.(NME-360 IS NON-TRACEABLE & YOU CAN PLAY BACK-UPS ONLINE... Yes "BACKUPS ON XBOX LIVE!"

-I have tested it both ways and all my friends drives EVENTUALLY got bricked, They had to buy a new DVD drive blah blah
& When u use a NME-360 2.0 you have 2 sets of firmware 1st is original 2nd is nme firmware

-HaZeY

1.Lies
2. No you can't , as long you have the correct key , you can not brick a samsung or benq and hitachi can be brought back by removing the flash chip.
3. Again lies , the 360 cannot read the firmware , nor does live. Benq , firmware is locked and cannot be read , samsung same , hitachi has to go into mode b , which the 360 won't do as it can't play games in mode b. Live logs , http://www.xbins.org/xblive/ , seen any firmware requests there , no?. Oh and all the people quite happy playing online with ixtreme for months , are liars right?
4. What an absolute load of shit. NME cannot utilise the stealth sectors , the backups are as plain to see as on an unstealthed firmware. Oh yeah , you forgot to add cos it only patches a single dataline , you have to patch all your backups with their program to move the SS to where they want it.

Oh as for your friends drives getting bricked , yes cos that really happends doesn't it. Flash it , happily playing , then suddenly the firmware is dead.

Oh yes , I forgot , how convineant , you left out the part about having to remove expoxy from the drive board on some revisions to fit the NME.

You work for them or something?.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

1.Break Your schnitt

-HaZeY

1.Lies
2. No you can't , as long you have the correct key , you can not brick a samsung or benq and hitachi can be brought back with chillfix.
3. Again lies , the 360 cannot read the firmware , nor does live. Benq , firmware is locked and cannot be read , samsung same , hitachi has to go into mode b , which the 360 won't do as it can't play games in mode b. Live logs , http://www.xbins.org/xblive/ , seen any firmware requests there , no?. Oh and all the people quite happy playing online with ixtreme for months , are liars right?
4. What an absolute load of shit. NME cannot utilise the stealth sectors , the backups are as plain to see as on an unstealthed firmware. Oh yeah , you forgot to add cos it only patches a single dataline , you have to patch all your backups with their program to move the SS to where they want it.

Oh as for your friends drives getting bricked , yes cos that really happends doesn't it. Flash it , happily playing , then suddenly the firmware is dead.

Oh yes , I forgot , how convineant , you left out the part about having to remove expoxy from the drive board on some revisions to fit the NME.

You work for them or something?.

LOL, I was just thinking the exact same thing as you, HazeyTheLazy hasn't a clue about what he is talking about and the fact that he owns a NME-360 proves it.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering all the bans seem to be traced back the games and not the FW, I would say that FW modding is the way to go if you have the right drive. http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=523406 is a pretty good thread for info. that whole site is actually very helpful, but you better not ever post a piracy type question on there. they are very carful to focus on the personal backup aspect and do not like to discuss the "scene" releases. best just to go there for reading and then come here for questions.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL, I was just thinking the exact same thing as you, Armadillo hasn't a clue about what he is talking about and the fact that he owns a NME-360 proves it.

I don't have a nme
cry.gif
flashed firmware ftw. HazeyTheLazy has the nme, ya picked the wrong poster
wink2.gif

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone I can pay to flash the BIOS, cause it all looks kinda complex...
I don't think that would be the best way to go. Yes, at first it is very scary and intimidating, but once you do all the reading and just take your time, it is really super easy.....or so I am told.....would not want to actually admit to anything here.......
ph34r.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so who is right?????

About what? , mod or firmware?. Firmware>mod =fact. Search around on various forums , pretty much everyone except a odd crazy like HazeyTheLazy has flashed firmware.

Flashed firmware=free.
Can utilise stealth.
Free updates when they are needed
smile.gif

Flashed firmware does every thing chip does and does it better.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so who is right?????

About what? , mod or firmware?. Firmware>mod =fact. Search around on various forums , pretty much everyone except a odd crazy like HazeyTheLazy has flashed firmware.

Flashed firmware=free.
Can utilise stealth.
Free updates when they are needed
smile.gif

Flashed firmware does every thing chip does and does it better.
Oh, and it is easier to reverse if the need ever arose (like possibly RROD which I hear they still will swap out even if the thing was opened) because you can keep (and should keep) the original FW safe somewhere and load it back if ever needed. Granted, the need may never arise as you could then do the XClamp mod to fix the RROD or in my case the E74 error, but that is a different thread. BTW, I am not saying officially that I have a modded FW. no need to admit that.
ph34r.gif

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do some reading my friens you have to use a special switch to work the NME-2.0 so dont talk about stuff you have never used... heres the link on how to install the NME-360 2.0 on a BEN-Q drive! -
http://www.nme2.com/nme_inst_benq.html - Ohh what is that hmmm??? maybe the damn install directions for the Ben-Q you flammers! I own a xbox with the ben-q and an NME-360 2.0!

-ALSO you dont have to remove ANYTHING to make it fit! Simply use 1 foot long wires and mount it to your case with clips you can get from ace hardware that you can melt in!

Ohh yeah you can fix badly flashed firmware too...
BUT to a kid who knows NOTHING of it, a modchip is the way to go

-What does the headline say?? - http://www.nme2.com/ - that is correct newbs 100% COMPATABLE WITH "ALL" 360 MODELS

-Ohhh and what are the choices?? - http://www.nme2.com/nme_inst.html - Ohh yeah... EVERY 360 DVD DRIVE AND EVEN FUTURE HITACHI DRIVES!

-Kids read up on the mod chip before you cry about it.

+I'd rather spend 60$ on a modchip and NEVER HAVE TO OPEN MY XBOX EVER AGAIN!!

+ if you use the accosiat0r(A few more programs than that too) then you can play back-ups on live.
100% Stealth mode OR xbox live disable when games are playing... (Stealth mode at your own risk)

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. DON'T DOUBLE POST.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do some reading my friens you have to use a special switch to work the NME-2.0 so dont talk about stuff you have never used... heres the link on how to install the NME-360 2.0 on a BEN-Q drive! -
http://www.nme2.com/nme_inst_benq.html - Ohh what is that hmmm??? maybe the damn install directions for the Ben-Q you flammers! I own a xbox with the ben-q and an NME-360 2.0!

-ALSO you dont have to remove ANYTHING to make it fit! Simply use 1 foot long wires and mount it to your case with clips you can get from ace hardware that you can melt in!

Whats you're point , no one ever said it doesn't work on benq. Don't have to remove anything to fit it. So the black epoxy resin that covers the installed points for the hitachi install doesn't actually exsist? , it's all a myth?. Samsung install points , show you installing it to the sst chip , which is covered in resin aswell. Benq install pictures , hmm , whats that white goo near the main ic?. Hmm could it be , ah yes , it's the resin that will cover them points on some drives has to be removed.

Also any chance of you countering my other points rather than just saying we are flammers?. Maybe some evidence the box can dump the firmware? , evidence of microsoft checking it , evidence of everyone being banned after one month?.

Thought not , doors that way ->

As for your other post you quickly done, so for a kid who knows nothing a 100% reversable software flash is bad , yet soldering in is good
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: