Hacking How do I get WoodYS to boot on iTouch DS?

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have a couple of old iTouch DS flash cards that I have recently started using on older DS Lite and DS machines.

I'd like to install a version of Wood (as new as possible), but I haven't been 100% successful. I'd consider other software as well (but WoodYS seems to work well).

Basically I have tried the triple-boot firmware for the iTouch from here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/itouch-multiboot.128351/

It mostly works, although the M3/Sakura throws up errors and doesn't work for me for whatever reason (but the others do work). If I hold the button and boot to Wood, it works very well. I really need the Wood to be the default.

I have installed the factory firmware and then WoodYS as a secondary (by copying everything over except the SYSTEM folder) and then running the wood.nds file... it works very well. But installing WoodYS by itself is the problem.

The problem is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to get wood working so that basically it comes up... I've tried renaming the main executable to boot.eng, loader.eng, etc., but I just get the "loader.xxx" error. I know this is probably something elemental... sorry for my lameness!

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
never did no... but the iTouch does boot on my DSi devices via TWL. It would be nice to boot Twilight menuu on the old iTouch DS flash carts.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
never did no... but the iTouch does boot on my DSi devices via TWL. It would be nice to boot Twilight menuu on the old iTouch DS flash carts.
TWiLight Menu++ currently has support for the M3 DS Real. Have you tried the M3 Real autoboot yet? turns out this doesn't actually work lol

I may be able to tinker with this to support the iTouchDS as well, though I don't have one myself...

EDIT: It seems the iTouch uses a different file configuration, but I think I might have the tools for this. Someone had to create the multiboot somehow.

EDIT 2: apparently the iTouch official kernel will directly autoboot if you rename a DLDI-patched NDS file to defaultn.nds. There is probably a cheaper way of doing this.

Last edited by lifehackerhansol,

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm assuming I would not just be able to rename the nds file for twilight?

I'm assuming the author of the dual-boot would have booted ysmenu as default if there was an easy way.

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm assuming I would not just be able to rename the nds file for twilight?

I'm assuming the author of the dual-boot would have booted ysmenu as default if there was an easy way.
It needs to be DLDI patched. But that's not all that difficult to do. It seems the only requirement is renaming it to defaultn.nds, but you still need the rest of the triple boot package.

I think it's possible to completely replace loader.eng based on Taiju Yamada's docs but I'm not too sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.