Hacking How can I transfer savegames from disc version to loadiine version?

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have 5.5.1, so I played all the time with original discs. Now I would like to play with loadiine without discs, but I would like to continue my old saves.

Is this possible without having the discs anymore?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
hu, doesn't you just need to load the game?
only cartridges with save inside (for example gba, ds,3ds) or special cases (like emulators) need a way to convert the saves..

Last edited by migles,

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Loadiine seems to take the saves from sd card. At least it seems like that, because the games begin from scratch.
But my saves are in the console storage.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, you'd have to use those SAVE functions to open folders/files from "other apps" and I'm not sure the permissions, you'll probably need to be in another game, not Mii Maker or the browser, still haven't tested yet tho

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, I do not really understand.
So what do I have to do, to continue my original saves (from disc versions) in loadiine?

Last edited by Puddies,

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Use ddd to dump "/vol/save", start the games you want the savegames from. After dumping them you can just copy them to your sd card, use the save folders that loadiine creates.

EDIT: Of course you will need the disc for dumping. Dumping without disc is not going to work this way, rather the SAVE api like @NWPlayer123 supposes then, although there's no ready homebrew there right now.

Last edited by dibas,

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hm, but ddd creates two folders: 80000001 and common in save. And there are bin files.
But loadiine wants in sd:/wiiu/save some rp files

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to be able to do this too. My Nintendo Land disc is 1000 miles away right now, and I don't want to have to bring it with me all the time in the future. I got it on Loadiin, but I don't have the save copied.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, but ddd creates two folders: 80000001 and common in save. And there are bin files.
But loadiine wants in sd:/wiiu/save some rp files

Me toom i want to know this, DDD creates 2 folders, and loadiine uses two kinds of folders one says C and the others U, which ones belongs to which?

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
Put both the 80000001 and common folders in a dir named save in root of game folder with meta code etc. I have done this with all my disk games and you can also rip your dlc you may have bought

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put both the 80000001 and common folders in a dir named save in root of game folder with meta code etc. I have done this with all my disk games and you can also rip your dlc you may have bought

Also you can move everything from common to c and everything from 800000x to u. That will work too

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also you can move everything from common to c and everything from 800000x to u. That will work too

the folders i had is for UNIQUE mode, and the C,U folders are for Shared mode or something like that! i fixed already, thank you everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...