Homebrew Homebrew to circumvent Miiverse Ban?

Sm4shModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Sm4shModder here. Due to an assortment of reasons, I got restricted on Nintendo's Miiverse. Do there exist any Wii U Homebrews that allow the circumvention of such bans?

As Miiverse comes to a close, it is highly questionable to withhold from helping those who are banned (provided you have the knowledge). This is the season for final celebrations; All users should be allowed.

Last edited by Sm4shModder,

Sm4shModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make an alt and post

If you cheated online you deserve it. And not to my knowledge.
I need Homebrew methods. All alt accounts get restricted as well. In addition, I heard that making new accounts is impossible while banned.

Shadow Bans (bans "associated" with "cheaters") and Miiverse restrictions are separate, unless there's some ban that I don't know about. In my case, there was no overlap.

If you know of anyone who can assist, please, feel free to tell :):gba::switch::switch::switch::gba::)

Sm4shModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo only bans you for a longer time or permanent if you did something really bad that has negative effect on the fun for others e.g. cheating. Why should be those who tried to ruin our fun be allowed to the "final celebrations"? Sounds like something we should try to make fun for everyone, I don't see how allowing cheaters and such back in helps with that. ;)
"Restricted" is the correct term. While I don't know what particular branch of cheating you are referring to (as understanding decreases, branches increase), The general view held towards "cheaters" is unhealthy, to say the least. Remember, ultimately, they're still people too, they are robbers trying to steal your possessions, and the brief moment of frustration derived from losing an unwinnable match is nothing compared to the horrors of total social isolation (Nintendo, being a type of world in itself, can quite possibly yield similar results to real isolation upon ousting people).

Regarding my views on cheaters, I don't mind them, in fact, I enjoy them. "Cheaters" inspired me to become a Smash4Modder, and I can't help but stand in pride upon seeing a skilled coder control the game. From my (admittedly independent) studies, most people who hate hackers/cheaters cannot hack/cheat themselves, and are, in fact, jealous. For some, this jealously is specific to cheaters, for others, it extends into various other aspects of life as well. Take some time to learn and fully understand hacking and your outlook may change.

With that said, if anyone knows of a way, please do tell.

-Sm4shModder

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MiiVerse is being shutdown in November, so there's no reason to worry about the ban.

If you got banned, then you did something you shouldn't have been doing.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Restricted" is the correct term. While I don't know what particular branch of cheating you are referring to (as understanding decreases, branches increase), The general view held towards "cheaters" is unhealthy, to say the least. Remember, ultimately, they're still people too, they are robbers trying to steal your possessions, and the brief moment of frustration derived from losing an unwinnable match is nothing compared to the horrors of total social isolation (Nintendo, being a type of world in itself, can quite possibly yield similar results to real isolation upon ousting people).

Regarding my views on cheaters, I don't mind them, in fact, I enjoy them. "Cheaters" inspired me to become a Smash4Modder, and I can't help but stand in pride upon seeing a skilled coder control the game. From my (admittedly independent) studies, most people who hate hackers/cheaters cannot hack/cheat themselves, and are, in fact, jealous. For some, this jealously is specific to cheaters, for others, it extends into various other aspects of life as well. Take some time to learn and fully understand hacking and your outlook may change.

With that said, if anyone knows of a way, please do tell.

-Sm4shModder

Ugh, so much wrong here...

First, just because someone else does something that is in societies view " worst " doesn't make it ok for you to do something that isn't " as " destructive. That's like robbing a bank and thinking its ok because there are people who murder.

Second, being banned from the miiverse is in no way, shape, or form " total Social Isolation ". That is just plain ridiculous, its actually more the opposite. If you were completely cut off from the internet in every shape or form, you would then go to the park or something. The internet IS social isolation.

Third, if cheaters motivated you to learn how to hack to beat them, then use that same attitude and use the ban as motivation to hack and get back on.

I myself like to cheat, but not online. Its just totally disrespectful to other players.

Sm4shModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Miiverse is being shutdown in November, so there's no reason to worry about the ban.

If you got banned, then you did something you shouldn't have been doing.
The termination is exactly why I'm concerned (I'll edit my wording in the original post, I meant restriction).

The reason for my restriction was primarily for assisting some of my friends in modding (I've become infamous in the regard), and Miiverse doesn't approve.

It will be a real pity not being able to bid my Miiverse friends goodbye.

I myself like to cheat, but not online. Its just totally disrespectful to other players.
That's a waste, then. If mods can only be seen by you, they don't exist.

This isn't a debate thread. People inclined towards Social Justice will most certainly disagree with my vocation; That's your play. This thread is for the assistance of not just my situation, but the Miiverse community at large. This thread is the place where modders and hackers can assemble to brainstorm ideas of restriction circumvention for the betterment of the community.

If any of you have any suggestions, contributions, or otherwise speculative [homebrew] solutions (which means no "don't get banned"), feel welcome to assist.

All comments regarding the morality of cheating and/or anger towards cheaters will be ignored.

Thank you all! :):gba::switch::switch::switch::gba::)

Last edited by Sm4shModder,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The termination is exactly why I'm concerned (I'll edit my wording in the original post, I meant restriction).

The reason for my restriction was primarily for assisting some of my friends in modding (I've become infamous in the regard), and Miiverse doesn't approve.

This isn't a debate thread. People inclined towards Social Justice will most certainly disagree with my vocation; That's your play. This thread is for the assistance of not just my situation, but the Miiverse community at large. This thread is the place where modders and hackers can assemble to brainstorm ideas of restriction circumvention for the betterment of the community.

If any of you have any suggestions, contributions, or otherwise speculative [homebrew] solutions (which means no "don't get banned"), feel welcome to assist.

All comments regarding the morality of cheating and/or anger towards cheaters will be ignored.

Because it's coming to an end, there's no incentive to put in the time and the effort to unban access to the MiiVerse. We're talking about hours of time for something that's going away in less than a month, all so you can do something that doesn't really matter to anybody but you. If it matters so much, you can pursue an unbanning method. After all, you're allegedly so infamous with regard to modding.

You also shouldn't complain about the consequences of your actions when you knew what those consequences could be. There's also absolutely no excuse for creating an unfair online gaming experience for other players.

Last edited by Lacius,

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck me. People like you get on my tits, whining about being banned and then trying to justify why they were banned as if you're a goodie-two-shoes

If you want to get unbanned, find a way yourself instead of asking people who have better things to do

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mods are for me to have fun with my game, not to ruin the game for others.

Your either a Troll, or a self centered sorry SOB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work