Homebrew Homebrew Development

Slashmolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only difference between 1.0 and 2.0b2 is the address they use. It looks like Kane49 is using the address 1.0 uses. The address I posted is from 2.0b2.
You can if you really want to actually cleanly exit from the arm11 privileged mode when your code is done and repatch the services to do what they were supposed to do.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My progress are slowed down by file size limitation of loader.dat, so sometime I go back to the beginning to search something to shrink the size.

Since baremetal arm9 homebrew seems dead, here is to you a little trick that can reduce a little file size and double graphic rendering on our arm9 enviroment.

Code:
/*
  Hint for an InitScreen() implementation
*/

#include "main.h"
#include "memory.h"
#include "draw.h"

int main(){
  int i;
  char * a;
  char * b;
  unsigned long topleftframe;
  a= (char *) TOP_LEFT_FRAME0;
  b= (char *) TOP_LEFT_FRAME1;
  if (a[0]==98) topleftframe= TOP_LEFT_FRAME0;
  else {
    if (b[0]==98) topleftframe= TOP_LEFT_FRAME1;
    else {
      draw_string("Arrrg... this should not ever happen!!!",0,0,255,255,255,BOTTOM_FRAME0);
      draw_string("Arrrg... this should not ever happen!!!",0,0,255,255,255,BOTTOM_FRAME1);
      return -1;
    }
  }
  draw_string("Hello!",0,0,255,255,255,topleftframe);
  return 0;
}

It works for me, please try it and let me know if it's another hole in the water like the touchpad state.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My progress are slowed down by file size limitation of loader.dat, so sometime I go back to the beginning to search something to shrink the size.

You can give this a try. It loads your "run.bin" to 0x23200000. Don't know how picky it is with SD cards (it worked for me).

If you're lucky, arm11 is trapped too in this launcher and waits for a jump address ;)

Attachments

• homebrew_loader-kalimero.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 227

Supernovakid

I am not new, I am Royalty
Trophies
XP
Country
You can give this a try. It loads your "run.bin" to 0x23200000. Don't know how picky it is with SD cards (it worked for me).

If you're lucky, arm11 is trapped too in this launcher and waits for a jump address ;)

Ok, im am the biggest noob when it comes to 3ds hacking. But what does your file do and how can i use it on my 3ds?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It doesn't work on my 3DS. Looking with an hex editor, Launcher.dat seems crypted. Is it intended to be used with GW ROPLoader?

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It doesn't work on my 3DS. Looking with an hex editor, Launcher.dat seems crypted. Is it intended to be used with GW ROPLoader?

You can check my files in the 3DS_Launcher folder there is an example how to load files during the rop chain / Create a mini file system with kfs.py etc.
It also shows how to make all the areas executeable etc so if you want to do bare metal arm 9 stuff everything is in there.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I already noticed it. But with my little knowledge of ARM ASM it's a little bit too difficoult to understand. Maybe this summer I'll have time to study it.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
smea updated his source :nds:
zcabjjkg.jpg

Reactions: smealum and 3DSGuy

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some changes on libctru did break the source of yeti3DS. He updated it to work with the latest version.

The GPU stuff does nothing currently btw (i mean the GPU example of course).

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading this thread a little bit but fyi the Youtube App is a web browser limited to the youtube, it scores more on the html5 test than the built in browser. So theres already some html5 on the 3ds but not all of it.

Exactly! the Nintendo has already shown us the way forward, that is, it's totally possible to think in a browser that supports html5 ! would be cool to play on the 3ds's browser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol