Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any breath of the wild players here that uses ds3 (wired) or ds4 (network client)?

Not sure if its the game or this app, but after a certain interval, my TV screen brightness goes dim. The only way I can restore my brightness is to press any button on the Wii U Gamepad.

Just want to ask if anyone is having the same issue. How do I prevent this from happening?
System Settings → Screen Burn-In Reduction → Don't Use.

ArctendoTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i just bought the horipad for nintendo switch but it is not recognized by the program is there something that can be done or if i need to make a config file can someone help me? i am really new to this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hello, i just bought the horipad for nintendo switch but it is not recognized by the program is there something that can be done or if i need to make a config file can someone help me? i am really new to this.
by the way just in case what i said did not make sense to anyone i am talking about the program on the wii u.

KK2004x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yo, wanted to check back quickly, has anyone got their Network Client controllers working on Smash? I asked this a while ago, but no one really knew how to.

Tyrax

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If anyone is interested here is my configuration file to use the Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad with your modified Nintendo Wii U.

Code:
//LogitechWirelessF710Gamepad
//[email protected]

[vid=0x046D,pid=0xC219]

DPAD_MODE=DPAD_HAT
DPad_MASK=0x0F
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_N=0x05,0x00
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NE=0x05,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_E=0x05,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SE=0x05,0x03
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_S=0x05,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SW=0x05,0x05
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_W=0x05,0x06
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NW=0x05,0x07
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NEUTRAL=0x05,0x08

VPAD_BUTTON_A=0x05,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_B=0x05,0x20
VPAD_BUTTON_X=0x05,0x80
VPAD_BUTTON_Y=0x05,0x10

VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS=0x06,0x20
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS=0x06,0x10

VPAD_BUTTON_ZR=0x06,0x08
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL=0x06,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_L=0x06,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_R=0x06,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L=0x06,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R=0x06,0x80

VPad_L_Stick_X=0x1,0x80
VPad_L_Stick_Y=0x2,0x7F
VPad_R_Stick_X=0x3,0x80
VPad_R_Stick_Y=0x4,0x7F

VPad_L_Stick_X_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_Y_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_X_MinMax=0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_Y_MinMax=0x00,0xFF

VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert=true
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert=true

I used Cots configuration for my Logitech rumblepad wireless... it works, button and dpad are in right positions. Only one problem : I tested with BoTW, and when i press a button, relative action starts after i release the button and not when i press. Until the button is pressed, do nothing, just released it works.
can Someone help me ?
[Sorry for my english...]

Tyrax

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I used Cots configuration for my Logitech rumblepad wireless... it works, button and dpad are in right positions. Only one problem : I tested with BoTW, and when i press a button, relative action starts after i release the button and not when i press. Until the button is pressed, do nothing, just released it works.
can Someone help me ?
[Sorry for my english...]

I tried to emulate WiiU Pad and it works better... al button trigger on press and not on release. Only one problem : in BoTW Right stick works if i rotate the view, but doesn't work into the Inventory to scroll the pages and into the selection of sheikan tools. Any suggest ?

liljon042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a quick question, can a native gamepad still be used in conjunction with HID to VPAD? Would really like this to play Hyrule Warriors with a friend. :)

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have a quick question, can a native gamepad still be used in conjunction with HID to VPAD? Would really like this to play Hyrule Warriors with a friend. :)
Yes, just set the controller to act as a pro controller. Played through the entire story with a GC controller with my mom on the Gamepad.

Reactions: liljon042

Tyrax

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i have this problem : in HIDtoVPAD app, when i test buttons, all they work great, both if i select Wii u PAD and if i select Wii Pro controller.
After, when i launch any games, if i have selected the Pro Controller, the buttons triggers only when i release them. for wii u pad all works greatly!

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, and thanks for this fantastic program.

I don't want to sound demanding or anything, so if I do, I apologize. I'm mostly curious of when/if the Xbox One controller will be supported directly (or there are plans for it)? I say, because I have one, and it would be nice to directly connect it to the Wii U without having to link it through the network. I'm mostly curious because since it actually has a "wired option" it should in theory be possible? I know it communicates with Windows through an alternate connection standard, but I'm also aware that Linux has alternative drivers for this controller that could be useful in some way? Not necessarily utilized directly, but seeing what could be of use for building custom drivers. I'm not a coder, so I apologize for my ignorance.

Still nice work providing support for such a wide range of options.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I'm using the Switch Pro controller via USB emulating Pro Controller 1, and up on the left stick doesn't register all the way. When I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, moving forward causes me to walk, but the other directions cause me to jog as intended. Anyone else with the problem and can it be fixed? I plan to try and emulate the gamepad controls next, hopefully that works.

EDIT: Apparently the version on WiiUBru is old. Gonna try the nightly on the github.

EDIT: Yep. Same issue on nightly with both Gamepad and Pro Controller emulation.

Last edited by Selim873,

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I'm using the Switch Pro controller via USB emulating Pro Controller 1, and up on the left stick doesn't register all the way. When I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, moving forward causes me to walk, but the other directions cause me to jog as intended. Anyone else with the problem and can it be fixed? I plan to try and emulate the gamepad controls next, hopefully that works.

EDIT: Apparently the version on WiiUBru is old. Gonna try the nightly on the github.

EDIT: Yep. Same issue on nightly with both Gamepad and Pro Controller emulation.
Get the switchpro.ini from the zip and place it in SD/wiiu/controller. This is for pro controller emulation.

Attachments

• controller.zip
    10 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by zeldaism,
Reactions: lordelan

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Get the switchpro.ini from the zip and place it in SD/wiiu/controller. This is for pro controller emulation.
Just for your information:
When you adjust the min/max values of the sticks, you don't need to keep the full default config's in the .ini (for controller with default values).

It's enough to add a .ini with this:
Code:
[vid=0x57e,pid=0x2009]
VPAD_L_STICK_X_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
VPAD_R_STICK_X_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0

Then the default config will be used with the adjusted stick values

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Are Xbox360 and Xbox One gamepads supported? Do I need to have Mocha installed?

I opened the app from Homebrew channel, I have HaxChi and CFW. When I initially plugged in the gamepad into Wii U console I could see it in the list, but not anymore.

Last edited by xraven13,

zeldaism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for your information:
When you adjust the min/max values of the sticks, you don't need to keep the full default config's in the .ini (for controller with default values).

It's enough to add a .ini with this:
Code:
[vid=0x57e,pid=0x2009]
VPAD_L_STICK_X_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
VPAD_R_STICK_X_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0

Then the default config will be used with the adjusted stick values
Thanks for the heads up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat