Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. abeiswave

abeiswave Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2017
    United States
    Im having the same problems of not being able to open the app. its just gives me a black screen then i have to hard reset the wii u . Im running 5.5.0 and would appreciate any help i could get thanks !

2. Borsalino

Borsalino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    Any breath of the wild players here that uses ds3 (wired) or ds4 (network client)?

Not sure if its the game or this app, but after a certain interval, my TV screen brightness goes dim. The only way I can restore my brightness is to press any button on the Wii U Gamepad.

Just want to ask if anyone is having the same issue. How do I prevent this from happening?

3. nastys

nastys ナースティス

Aug 5, 2014
    Italy
    Earth
    System Settings → Screen Burn-In Reduction → Don't Use.

Lyrin likes this.
  4. The Lord is Arceus

The Lord is Arceus Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    United States
    hello, i just bought the horipad for nintendo switch but it is not recognized by the program is there something that can be done or if i need to make a config file can someone help me? i am really new to this.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

by the way just in case what i said did not make sense to anyone i am talking about the program on the wii u.

5. KK2004x

KK2004x Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    Yo, wanted to check back quickly, has anyone got their Network Client controllers working on Smash? I asked this a while ago, but no one really knew how to.

6. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    *snip*

Last edited by zeldaism, Aug 26, 2017
  7. Hell-sing

Hell-sing Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    N

Last edited by Hell-sing, Sep 3, 2017
  8. Tyrax

Tyrax Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2017
    Italy
    I used Cots configuration for my Logitech rumblepad wireless... it works, button and dpad are in right positions. Only one problem : I tested with BoTW, and when i press a button, relative action starts after i release the button and not when i press. Until the button is pressed, do nothing, just released it works.
    can Someone help me ?
    [Sorry for my english...]

9. Tyrax

Tyrax Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2017
    Italy
    I tried to emulate WiiU Pad and it works better... al button trigger on press and not on release. Only one problem : in BoTW Right stick works if i rotate the view, but doesn't work into the Inventory to scroll the pages and into the selection of sheikan tools. Any suggest ?

10. liljon042

liljon042 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    So I have a quick question, can a native gamepad still be used in conjunction with HID to VPAD? Would really like this to play Hyrule Warriors with a friend. :)

11. Lyrin

Lyrin Annoying Weeaboo

Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    Yes, just set the controller to act as a pro controller. Played through the entire story with a GC controller with my mom on the Gamepad.

liljon042 likes this.
  12. liljon042

liljon042 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for replying so quickly! Cheers!

13. Tyrax

Tyrax Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2017
    Italy
    Hi, i have this problem : in HIDtoVPAD app, when i test buttons, all they work great, both if i select Wii u PAD and if i select Wii Pro controller.
    After, when i launch any games, if i have selected the Pro Controller, the buttons triggers only when i release them. for wii u pad all works greatly!

14. gaseoso

gaseoso Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2015
    Chile
    Hello, and thanks for this fantastic program.

I don't want to sound demanding or anything, so if I do, I apologize. I'm mostly curious of when/if the Xbox One controller will be supported directly (or there are plans for it)? I say, because I have one, and it would be nice to directly connect it to the Wii U without having to link it through the network. I'm mostly curious because since it actually has a "wired option" it should in theory be possible? I know it communicates with Windows through an alternate connection standard, but I'm also aware that Linux has alternative drivers for this controller that could be useful in some way? Not necessarily utilized directly, but seeing what could be of use for building custom drivers. I'm not a coder, so I apologize for my ignorance.

Still nice work providing support for such a wide range of options.

15. The Lord is Arceus

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    United States
  16. The Lord is Arceus

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2015
    United States
    ok, so i figured that out but it did not let me go online in splatoon still, can someone explaine what i need to do?

17. Juancho13

Juancho13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2017
    Chile
    Please make this compatible with SDCafiine!

18. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Hey everyone! I'm using the Switch Pro controller via USB emulating Pro Controller 1, and up on the left stick doesn't register all the way. When I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles X, moving forward causes me to walk, but the other directions cause me to jog as intended. Anyone else with the problem and can it be fixed? I plan to try and emulate the gamepad controls next, hopefully that works.

EDIT: Apparently the version on WiiUBru is old. Gonna try the nightly on the github.

EDIT: Yep. Same issue on nightly with both Gamepad and Pro Controller emulation.

Last edited by Selim873, Sep 22, 2017
  19. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Get the switchpro.ini from the zip and place it in SD/wiiu/controller. This is for pro controller emulation.

Attached Files:

Last edited by zeldaism, Sep 22, 2017
  20. Maschell
    OP

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Just for your information:
    When you adjust the min/max values of the sticks, you don't need to keep the full default config's in the .ini (for controller with default values).

It's enough to add a .ini with this:
    Code:
    [vid=0x57e,pid=0x2009]
    VPAD_L_STICK_X_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
    VPAD_L_STICK_Y_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
    VPAD_R_STICK_X_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0
    VPAD_R_STICK_Y_MINMAX        =   0x2A,0xE0

Then the default config will be used with the adjusted stick values

Selim873 likes this.