Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    This should fix the characters and camera moving on their own. It also fixes the walking in Zelda.

Last edited by zeldaism, Sep 26, 2017
    lordelan likes this.

2. Moon164

Moon164 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Is possible to use the Switch Pro Controller NFC player with it emulating the Wii U GamePad?

3. mijuu

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    sorted it in the end.

Last edited by mijuu, Sep 29, 2017
  4. YungHenry

YungHenry Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    United States
    I want to be able to use my Switch Pro Controller on Mario Kart Wii Ctgp. Are there plans for emulating the classic controller in order to play vwii games?

5. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    That has nothing to do with this as this as a Wii U homebrew and to answer your question:
    No, this is probably not gonna happen as it has been asked (and answered) multiple times. Enabling other input devices for Wii games would require to patch every single game.

6. Ibrokemy2DS

Ibrokemy2DS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    United States
    anyone know if this supports multiple keyboards at once? i want to run a puyo tetris tournament and have 2 keyboards in slots 3 and 4 as backup for players who can't bring a wii u compatible controller

7. ControllerFreedomEu

ControllerFreedomEu Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    Australia
    Hi,

I just bought a snes gamepad to USB adapter from raphnet.
    Can anybody help me create a config for the SNES gamepad if i post the values?

8. Azmort

Azmort GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2015
    Mexico
    After I press start it just stays at a black screen :/ I'm using CBHC

9. mijuu

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    Maschell

This is seriously the most useful homebrew app I've ever used. Good job!

lordelan likes this.
  10. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2004
    i have only been using a wiiu for the past week so i'm not really up to speed with the in's and out's of the console yet, i have tried this app and it works very well as last night i was playing BOTW with my dual-shock 4 controller. i had this selected as controller 1 as well as the game pad, the problem i had was after a while the screen would dim as i was not using the wiiu game pad so i would have to keep touching the screen on the game pad to brighten the screen. if i made the DS4 as the wiiu game pad in the selection screen would this stop me having to keep touching the screen. then i wouldn't have to have the wiiu game pad turned on after starting BOTW.

11. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I dunno if it been asked before but does it support switch pro controller? :unsure:

12. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2004

this is from the OP on the first post:

• Support for XInput controllers (e.g XBox 360 and Xbox One) or Bluetooth HID-Devices (e.g. Switch Pro Controller) over the network.

13. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    @Maschell
    I ordered an 8BitDo SNES controller which - as you may know - can be used on the Switch as well.
    There it emulates the Home button by pressing DOWN + SELECT.
    Could that be made through an ini file for the Wii U as well? And more importantly for RetroArch?

14. Master-Killua

Master-Killua GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2016
    Peru
    Would be possible to use gyro/motion controls with a DS4 or Switch Pro controller?

Moon164 likes this.
  15. Moon164

Moon164 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm try to use, but PS3 Control and Switch Pro Controller don't use any gyro/motion controls ( and NFC Reader ) for this moment ( Sorry for my english, brazilian here )

Master-Killua likes this.
  16. Maschell
    OP

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I already made some experiments with the DS4 Controller but it doesn't feel good while playing. I don't want to implement and advertise a feature, that is not working 100% (and is not fully enjoyable).

Master-Killua likes this.
  17. Moon164

Moon164 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    It's normal the rumble, NFC and Gyro/Motion is desactive in Switch Pro Controller with USB Cable on Wii U ? ( Sorry for my english again )

18. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    That's normal, those features haven't been implemented and probably won't be for quite a while.

In another note, why the hell are people getting Switch Pro Controllers to use on the Wii U? at that point just buy a Wii U Pro Controller.

19. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    They aren't buying them for the wii u. They are buying them for the switch, and just want to use them on wii u as well instead of also buying wii u pro controllers.

20. Moon164

Moon164 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2015
    Brazil
    Thanks for answering, In my case, it is much easier (and sometimes cheaper) to find things from the Nintendo Switch than to the Wii U, Wii U Pro Controller is very rare in Brazil for some reason ( except for the Chinese pirate models )

And I Use my Switch Pro Controller not just for the Wii U, but in my smartphone and PC for Steam games too, I intend to sell the Wii U to pick up the Switch soon, so in my opinion it was worth it a lot more to get the Switch Pro Controller than to try to find an original Wii U Pro Controller.

PS: Another doubt, I'm try to use HIDToVPADNetworkClient-0.4, but when I click on ''Scan for Controllers''
    nothing happens, I'm try to use my Switch Pro Controller or DualShock 3 and 4 but
    none of them appear, but I know the control is connected because I'm using Switch's to play on the PC right now xD

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

[​IMG]

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

[​IMG] https://imgur.com/6TloYaK[/img]

Attached Files: