Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WIIU BASIC 8GB.
I check the operation 0.9b OK.

0.9f Without starting, I return to Mii Maker.
Please tell me a corrective action.

I can't seem to swap buttons on my Xbox One controller.

Thanks for the reports.
Here is a quick update fixing these issues:

Changelog
  • Works now on Japanese WiiUs
  • Configuration file for controllers which has a default config are working now
Download: https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/releases/tag/0.9g

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a similar problem to Admiral Speedy, but instead involving a PS3 controller. (You see, I just found out that this got updated, and I wanted to use the pad I got for my PSP as a Pro Controller for games like Hyrule Warriors and Zombi U's multiplayer modes)

The controller works as it should, but when I try to remap the buttons to put X on A and O on B for better menuing, it refuses.

Code:
[vid=0x054C,pid=0x0268]
VPAD_BUTTON_A = DS3_BUTTON_CROSS
VPAD_BUTTON_B = DS3_BUTTON_CIRCLE

Thanks for the reports.
Here is a quick update fixing these issues:

Changelog
  • Works now on Japanese WiiUs
  • Configuration file for controllers which has a default config are working now
Download: https://github.com/Maschell/hid_to_vpad/releases/tag/0.9g
I was just about to hit post on my issue when you made this release. Good on you, mate! I'll test it now.

EDIT: @Maschell Unless I'm doing something wrong, your fix doesn't seem to work for controllers plugged directly into the Wii U. And I put my .ini in the right folder, and the syntax in my post is a direct copy-paste, so I don't think that's it.

Also, Wiimotes show up as "real Pro Controllers" in the menu. Just a thing that made me smirk a little.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

Zanow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about Smash Bros compatibility ? Still no luck trying to get my controllers working on it over network, though it works like a charm on Mario Kart 8

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't tried the new version of HID to VPAD just yet, but from reading the changelog and the overall feedback from users it looks quiet promising. Especially network support should be a great thing if it is working correctly. If I find the time I'm going to test something. There is this program called WiinUSoft that can connect Wiimotes with their various attachements like Nunchucks or Classic Controllers to the PC as an XBOX Controller using XInput. I'm gonna give the network feature of HID to VPAD a try to use WiinUSoft to it's advantage. It would be really cool if I could somehow manage to play Breath Of The Wild with a Wii Classic Controller Pro this way. However, there might be some input lag since the controllers connect to the pc over bluetooth and then that connection is forwarded to the actual Wii U Console over the network, but we will see how it works.

iMutant

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HID to VPAD always freezes if I have any .ini files in the controller folder. If I delete the folder it runs normally. I'm booting HID to VPAD from the homebrew channel using mocha cfw

Cliftin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: Gamecube controller wiki needs Example 3 updated. It says to use "L/R_BUTTON_STICK_X/Y" when it should just be "L/R_STICK_X/Y"

Last edited by Cliftin,

Seki777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else getting splatoon crashes?

PS4 Controller w/ Cross and Circle swapped over here.

also do you need a Y cable for splatoon? It seems when I plug in a mouse and keyboard, only one of them registers.
So do I need to put them both in one port?

or should i write a config file with both keyboard and mouse both on the same ini.. confused atm lmao.

EDIT: Sorry, just needed to read the "X to add a mouse." New to this program lmao

Last edited by Seki777,

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For the people who have crashes and know what they're doing with ftpiiu_everwhere:
If you have any crashes. please dump "/storage_slc/logs" with ftpiiu_everwhere and send it to me via PM, so I can look into it. (+ game which crash + the date/time when the crash happend)

D

Deleted User

For the people who have crashes and know what they're doing with ftpiiu_everwhere:
If you have any crashes. please dump "/storage_slc/logs" with ftpiiu_everwhere and send it to me via PM, so I can look into it. (+ game which crash + the date/time when the crash happend)
Still, time format sometimes doesn't work because Wii U is weird with it's logs. :P

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for no input when emulating pro (gamepad and real controllers work) and pressing home (with my 360 controller) and freezing with home when emulating gamepad

D

Deleted User

Is it normal for no input when emulating pro (gamepad and real controllers work) and pressing home (with my 360 controller) and freezing with home when emulating gamepad
Yeah, it's normal. You still need to use gamepad to get out of that menu tho.

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, first of all thank you for your work.

Donkey Kong 64 crashes at the Virtual Console Screen before starting when using HIDtoVPAD. I replaced 2 Pro Controllers by 2 Gamecube Controllers. It works with other games but not with Donkey Kong 64.

Seki777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just fucking destroyed on splatoon with KB/M.

10/10 would recommend.

Praise maschell. Praisith thee.
Out of gratitude I'll send some crash reports and such prob tonight when I have the time. Message me if you've had crashes for X game or when Y happens but don't know how to crash report. I'll see if I can assist

Reactions: Hayleia

xeyatan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maschell, I've done quite a lot of testing tonight, here is my experience mainly with Smash.

Using one joystick, whether over network or USB, works flawlessly.
Using one joystick on USB and one on Network mostly crashes upon boot of SSMB, however it succesfully launched once for me and despite the gamepads being detected in the wii u menu, i couldnt move inside the game. Sometimes selecting 2 gamepads and applying patch crashes at that exact point (hasn't occured while only using 1 gamepad).
I tried booting 2 gamepads over network - it only detects one gamepad. This is while trying 2 DS4 or 1 Ds4 and one Xbone controller. This is despite the PC client accurately showing and activating the right number of devices.

But honestly, I'm glad the beta is finally out!

EDIT: it appears with SSMB, that even with 1 DS4 there are frequent random crashes. Tested it without HID To Vpad and the game runs fine. Zelda can however run fine with 1 gamepad, no problem.

Also I'm using Mocha --> HID to VPAD ---> game

Last edited by xeyatan,

yasushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DualShock2.ini
VPad_Button_Plus=0x06,0x20
VPad_Button_Minus=0x06,0x10
VPad_Button_Home=0x06,0x30
Even if Minus is pushed even if Plus is pushed, Home reacts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Go to sleep.