Homebrew Hi-Resolution DS Emulation

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course DeSmuME x432 isn't closed source, but that doesn't mean you can steal its code and sell it. Well you can, but it'd be illegal to use that code without releasing his source if specifically asked to.

Why shouldn't I care?

It's really not your place to do so.:rolleyes: Unsubstantiated evidence at its finest.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why shouldn't I care?

I appreciate your care, but seriously, go look at his past projects, there's no doubt he can do this on his own.

EDIT: Also, btw, you could sell Desmume, you would just have to provide the code to your costumer, which usually is the same in practice, but not always.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your care, but seriously, go look at his past projects, there's no doubt he can do this on his own.

He doesn't know what he's talking about, exophase is a well-known and reputable programmer :P

Edit: Yeah, Exophase said that ," it's strictly an extension of the software rendering" so, there's no way it would be borrowed code.

Lakum

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
it's modification of opengl plugin.
still wip
If you're working on texture filtering could you try to add support for higher than 4x resolutions too? 4x is a little low for me at least 8x or higher would be good. Perhaps even a custom resolution. Could you set up a Github repository with your version of Desmume X432R?

Reactions: Margen67

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Well, looks like Exophase added the hi-res rendering modes to DraStic, I just got the update on my phone half an hour ago. Since my phone can run games so well, I'm going to copy some save data and a ROM from my Nexus 7 and do a stress test on my phone to see if it can handle it.

Edit: My Alcatel phone can take it without flinching. No lag on Pokemon White 2 whatsoever.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're working on texture filtering could you try to add support for higher than 4x resolutions too? 4x is a little low for me at least 8x or higher would be good. Perhaps even a custom resolution. Could you set up a Github repository with your version of Desmume X432R?
Or better yet a widescreen hack

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, looks like Exophase added the hi-res rendering modes to DraStic, I just got the update on my phone half an hour ago. Since my phone can run games so well, I'm going to copy some save data and a ROM from my Nexus 7 and do a stress test on my phone to see if it can handle it.

Edit: My Alcatel phone can take it without flinching. No lag on Pokemon White 2 whatsoever.
I don't see the update o.O

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the update o.O

You need to go to the Google Play Store if it doesn't download automatically. I had the same problem the other day, so I just manually installed in on the Play Store, you can do it that way.

Team Fail What version number do you have on the bottom right corner? I updated and only see 2.3.0.2a, which I got just a few days ago.

Reactions: Lycan911

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.3.0.3a. It might be because I'm a beta tester, but idk.

It seems a while back that Puzzle Planet League was fixed though so yay.

Yeah, beta testers get the bleeding edge versions, I'm not a beta tester (I know one can opt out and use the official build at any time), too afraid of instability lol, but yeah, I definitely don't see it in the 2.3.0.2 official version :P

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Yeah, beta testers get the bleeding edge versions, I'm not a beta tester (I know one can opt out and use the official build at any time), too afraid of instability lol, but yeah, I definitely don't see it in the 2.3.0.2 official version :P

Ah. I've never had any issues with the beta builds, actually. It's always worked for me and never had any breaks or anything.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. I've never had any issues with the beta builds, actually. It's always worked for me and never had any breaks or anything.

Dayum, maybe I should opt in the program, but then again, I've a Nexus 7 2012 model, the double resolution rendering would more than likely give me an hour of battery life and fry the CPU ^_^

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Dayum, maybe I should opt in the program, but then again, I've a Nexus 7 2012 model, the double resolution rendering would more than likely give me an hour of battery life and fry the CPU ^_^

I have the 2012 model myself, but I have yet to try the hi-res on it lol.

Wellington2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been posted or not, but the High-Resolution mode doesn't work in Crossover.
EDIT: It does work in Parallels Desktop. :)

D

Deleted User

I tried it with Style Savvy.
SakkHUB.jpg
bfalkob.png
Animal Crossing New Leaf
5rYrsMI.png
q2gjMTq.png
DAMN SON.

Reactions: Lycan911

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have the latest version of DraStic but I can't seem to find any option for High-Res Emulation. Is it because I'm using trimmed ROMs?

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest version of DraStic but I can't seem to find any option for High-Res Emulation. Is it because I'm using trimmed ROMs?

Go here to opt-in to the beta test: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.dsemu.drastic
Then either reinstall or Update (if you see the option) in the Play Store on your device
Your version will then be 2.3.0.3a and you'll see a box to check in Change Options>Video>High-Resolution 3D Rendering

Reactions: nxwing and Lycan911

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont have LG tvs around
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    all TCL
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    and a sony
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can map a button on your remote to launch the script call it a day
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stay on 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a spare ps4 on 10.0 so decided to try it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i just want to play the psp resistance port
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psps are high tech
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there is no backported version for me fw
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't own the hardware?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    both 2 psp busted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hunt down a vita?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Tried, but the conditions i saw most of 'em left me reelin'
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You won't find a excellent condition unless you wanna pay $200
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i know, it's as much as getting a new switch lite
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could always get a poor condition slim and shell swap it slims are easier to swap out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    with money left to spare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or maybe an Anbernic device that can emulate psp
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psps still going for $100 on ebay lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i'll consider it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only i can backport the game meself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pretty sure the new flip one can do psp if you don't mind the sp design