bandicam 2015-05-14 13-37-31-093.jpg

bandicam 2015-05-14 13-37-38-746.jpg

TrucyWright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
LEGO games on the NDS were always pixelated and boring, I just tried this method on ''LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes Universe in Peril'' and it worked pretty good. Looks like the 3DS version. ;)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 876

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a fan favorite of "2xSai", for the 2D games which look great without the high resolution options, the additional filter options are a plus. When "X2 (512x384)" is enabled, all the magnification filter options become blacked out ... losing my access to "2xSai".

Are there any bug fixes or any reason, someone glued to the 9.10 current version, would want to use this if high resolution was not something they wanted?

EDIT

Awesome! The "Screen Size" options mirror no$zoomer's different screen size ratios for the top and bottom screens.

Which is a better alternative then using the program, "Blackout" to resize desmume in window mode before blackout the background, because fullscreen mode is ratio locked. So you can at least have a slight larger main screen with this method. (googled some instructions about removing the titlebar and window using "AutoHotKey", which susposedly looks better when Desmume is in the foreground for the stylus games, but haven't tried that method yet.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find it strange that just upping the internal resolution from the 256x192 can have such an insane performance penalty with the emulation. I mean, reading here of people that have i7's and are still lagging is pretty distressing, you know?

Wolfgange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find it strange that just upping the internal resolution from the 256x192 can have such an insane performance penalty with the emulation. I mean, reading here of people that have i7's and are still lagging is pretty distressing, you know?
Well, upping the resolution four times (1024x768 per screen) requires 16 times the pixels to be drawn (Since (256*4) * (192*4) = (256*192) * 16).

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but why would it bog on the CPU? shouldn't that be the responsibility of the GPU?

This is something I would like to try, but I find myself dreading it on my old Q6600.
Most if not all emulators heavily rely on the cpu to do most of the work. If these games were natively made for pc then yes, graphics card would be hauling all the heavy work if you up the resolution. But for emulators it's like what, 70% cpu and 30% gpu? (just throwing a rough number out there)

And I'm new to this high res rendering thing. I decided to finally get desmume and try it out but I don't see a high res render option in the latest version 0.9.12. Is there some command line I need to add? First post sounded like it should already be built in.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Most if not all emulators heavily rely on the cpu to do most of the work. If these games were natively made for pc then yes, graphics card would be hauling all the heavy work if you up the resolution. But for emulators it's like what, 70% cpu and 30% gpu? (just throwing a rough number out there)

And I'm new to this high res rendering thing. I decided to finally get desmume and try it out but I don't see a high res render option in the latest version 0.9.12. Is there some command line I need to add? First post sounded like it should already be built in.
You need to get the special builds that are linked in the first post. They aren't standard Desmume builds.

Reactions: Deleted User

Lakum

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The newest version of Desmume is much faster that is why asked if someone can compile X432R mod with it?

Wolfgange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest version of Desmume is much faster that is why asked if someone can compile X432R mod with it?
Have you ever considered compiling it? Although it can be tedious, it becomes easier over time. And other's would be more willing to help you after demonstrating your effort ;).

whatusername

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There anyway to increase speed.? fps drop from 60 to 40 when enable HD resolution. it lag like hell but still playable with this type of game. problem is sound lag when it not enough 60fps.
sorry for my bad english
System spec:
Intel core i7 4700MQ
GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5
12gb ram

wnKC3Nd.jpg

vx7p6xV.jpg

Wolfgange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys, not sure if someone has already posted this here, but the 'Drastic' ds emulator for android now has high res rendering in its beta version, and it plays full speed on my Nvidia Shield portable :)
Screenshot_2015-07-27-20-27-21.png

Reactions: BORTZ
D

Deleted User

While playing around with the latest build I found that opengl yielded better results frame wise, I could keep a solid 60/30 fps (according to desmume) with little slow down on the highest setting vs 50/30 on SoftRasterizer. I noticed slight graphical differences when comparing screenshots but it's very little. The game I tested was Phantasy Star 0 which is a fairly 3d heavy game.

Probably common knowledge but it did help me a lot.

Last edited by ,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KingBlank, I saw that a few weeks ago. It works really well. I tested Dragon Quest Monsters Joker/2/Pro and other Dragon Quest titles for fun. They all work at full speed with very little in the way of hic ups.

Reactions: KingBlank

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted +1