Homebrew Hi-Resolution DS Emulation

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like Desmume-libretro now has high resolution rendering with no upscale limit. It currently lacks an OpenGL renderer so it's extremely CPU heavy.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I did a dumb thing and copy pasted the code to try and build it on linux. Gave me a bunch of unrelated errors.
Oh well, not like I didn't expect this.

duo8@PC-HNW: ~-Desktop-desmume-code-5164-trunk X432R-desmume_599.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried to play some of my favourite DS games and while they were downright unplayable (too damn slow) it was nice to see with better visuals than before.

nEmPzfL.png

August picture I know but it amused me so I will go it. At various points comics have come under fire for having their female characters contort to have their tits and arse in the same shot (a reasonably hard trick in real life), owing to suspect camera placement I am drawn to wonder if this is some kind of equivalent.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
August picture I know but it amused me so I will go it. At various points comics have come under fire for having their female characters contort to have their tits and arse in the same shot (a reasonably hard trick in real life), owing to suspect camera placement I am drawn to wonder if this is some kind of equivalent.
The magic of the dual screen.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a dumb thing and copy pasted the code to try and build it on linux. Gave me a bunch of unrelated errors...

I just discovered this version of DeSmuMe. Have you tried running this in Wine in a Linux box? I ask now because it's what I'm going to attempt when I get home.

Edit: Successfully runs in Wine on my Lubuntu 15.10 laptop. Although, it bombs when enabling any version of the high-res renderer. Oh well.

Last edited by DeezTits,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.