Homebrew Hi-Resolution DS Emulation

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, somewhat unrelated question, but is there any way to force an actual true widescreen for DeSmuME? The top screen that is.
I know a lot of other emulators (not for DS though) do this, so I'm really curious.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, somewhat unrelated question, but is there any way to force an actual true widescreen for DeSmuME? The top screen that is.
I know a lot of other emulators (not for DS though) do this, so I'm really curious.

Top screen or bottom matters little on the DS -- either can be dedicated to 3d and both have the same resolution. I do not think anybody has attempted screen expansion a la some of the stuff attempted for the gamecube on the Wii. Theoretically it is possible for this sort of emulator to do it (though the 2d overlays for UI would probably not work so well, or I guess you could define a split line), indeed it would probably face fewer issues than some other systems. With this right now the best you could do is letterboxing and that is so very rarely a good choice.

Broadway

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Good afternoon, I have something...

SvXe0UY.png
Va8R0Pg.png

7otUoWH.png
ZlVGn6S.png

How about texture filtering :rolleyes:

Reactions: yuyuyup

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Texture replacement would be the ultimate goal but filtering is certainly welcome.

What sort of filtering is that closest to? It looks somewhere between mip mapping and a non nearest neighbour scaling filter.

vladstad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got to know how you got the texture filtering effect? is part of the new d3d9 shaders? because i cant seem to figure out how to activate those.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Good afternoon, I have something...

*pictures*

How about texture filtering :rolleyes:

That looks amazing, sir! Keep at it! :D

I'd eventually love to see texture filtering like this used in conjunction with some Anti-Aliasing, ans with internal rendering, DS games will look fantastic. Just internal rendering resolutions at 4x make games like Metroid Prime Hunters look 10x better. :D

vladstad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new version of emulator allows you to enable post processing effects gaussian blur and trimmed mean. not exactly sure what trimmed mean is supposed to be but it just looks like another type of blur to me.

shaqsalazar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a question is there anyway to force it to a higher "times(x)" resolution? As it is now the highest is x4, can i make higher? If so how?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a question is there anyway to force it to a higher "times(x)" resolution? As it is now the highest is x4, can i make higher? If so how?

It probably would not be that hard to add it to the code*, however 4x makes most machines chug (though I am told optimisation could cure that) and the bigger problem would be diminishing returns, both because it would not add much more than you are seeing now and as the 2d side of things and 3d textures would still be standard and holding things back.

*I wonder if 6x or 8x would be the next step.

shaqsalazar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It probably would not be that hard to add it to the code*, however 4x makes most machines chug (though I am told optimisation could cure that) and the bigger problem would be diminishing returns, both because it would not add much more than you are seeing now and as the 2d side of things and 3d textures would still be standard and holding things back.

*I wonder if 6x or 8x would be the next step.

Yea i figured i would have to go into the code, no problem( I was wondering if some one already try to increase)

System Specs:
CPU: i7-4770k @ 4.2 ghz
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 @ 4GB RAM
RAM: 16 GB

When runnings games at max thge current graphics, CPU usage is below 15%. I ask because i want to see how far i can go before i start lagging. Its look great at x4 but i wonder how good it would look in full HD(1080p)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-