Homebrew Hi-Resolution DS Emulation

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can someone try Spectrobes (any of them, but Beyond the Portals should be better) and Destiny Links?
I tried to search in this thread, and in youtube, but nothing, Spectrobes should look good and Destiny links, probably awesome...

Thanks!!!

D

Deleted User

Guys, I know I might be being a noob here, but you guys are all talking about your processors. Isn't it the graphics card that matters?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Guys, I know I might be being a noob here, but you guys are all talking about your processors. Isn't it the graphics card that matters?

In most emulators, no, not at all (notable exceptions: N64, PS2, PSP, GC/Wii, and several others). The CPU does all of the work emulating the system's hardware (CPU, memory, controller inputs, graphical operations, etc.), only using the GPU to display the final picture to the user. DS emulators use the CPU pretty much exclusively to emulate everything (DeSmuME has an OpenGL option but it's often slower and buggier than the software rendererer). The "exceptional" systems I listed tend to have hardware similar enough to PCs to a point where you can make use of a PC's GPU to render the geometry/triangles required.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
In addition to the answer above, the DS has very unique graphics hardware, making it difficult to translate to typical PC GPU.

The hi res emu does have an ogl renderer though.

D

Deleted User

In most emulators, no, not at all (notable exceptions: N64, PS2, PSP, GC/Wii, and several others). The CPU does all of the work emulating the system's hardware (CPU, memory, controller inputs, graphical operations, etc.), only using the GPU to display the final picture to the user. DS emulators use the CPU pretty much exclusively to emulate everything (DeSmuME has an OpenGL option but it's often slower and buggier than the software rendererer). The "exceptional" systems I listed tend to have hardware similar enough to PCs to a point where you can make use of a PC's GPU to render the geometry/triangles required.
In addition to the answer above, the DS has very unique graphics hardware, making it difficult to translate to typical PC GPU.

The hi res emu does have an ogl renderer though.
Oops! Yeah, I guess.

Mills32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

A bit off topic:
You just solved my mistery... Desmume is working very slow on my i3 laptop. But PPSSPP (PSP emulator) Works incredibly fast, even faster than a real PSP, with my laptop in power saving mode (900 MHz).

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
Kingdom Hearts looks surreal.

ZCUOIAK.jpg

vVAdCIg.jpg

11Nk6QU.jpg

It just need to filter the textures to look better.

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Kingdom Hearts looks surreal.

ZCUOIAK.jpg

vVAdCIg.jpg

11Nk6QU.jpg

It just need to filter the textures to look better.

¡WOAH! ¡It looks just pretty much like the KHBBS from PSP! O:

ON:
Does someone tried Naruto Ninja Destiny / Shinobi Retsuden Games?
I would love to see how it looks now <3

sagaopc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was downloaded the last rev and this emulator Works much better! With OGL plugin, i can play almost all games in 4X resolution at the moment!

I'm doing a video to demonstrate how the games are working on this emulator...

I'm only frustrated by Golden Sun Dark Dawn, because in OGL plugin, it have glitches like flashing textures and error positioning elements

I'm not using translator, but I'm in the beginning of english course! sorry!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4x is unarguably impressive, however I am actually quite impressed at how well things stay recognisable on the standard side of things.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is precisely how DS games should look with hi-res applied. No texture blurring -- just improved clarity. With hi-res, the pixelized textures give a retro vibe while retaining the original look of the DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-