ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every time I start up my Vita, Henkaku settings are missing from the setting menu. System Information reports that I am on 3.68 which is the firmware I had Henkaku working fine on til today. If I launch h-encore and install Henkaku with the option to, it puts the Henkaku menu back in settings and I can launch Vitashell. Then it disappears when I reboot the Vita again. Reloading taihen's config file makes no difference. I have checked with Vitashell that the config file has been rebuilt on the memory card and it has and is correct and in the right place. Not sure what to do now other than reformat the card if that will remove all traces of h-encore and Henkaku and reinstall it from scratch. I have a CMA/QCMA backup of 'Bitter Smile' which I made after I made the required changes. I don't mind doing that if it will fix it. Other than that I don't know what else to do. I would go to https://vita.hacks.guide/installing-h-encore and try to reinstall h-encore/Henkaku from there without formatting the card but I am not sure whether this will fix it or brick my Vita. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
h-encore ain't permanent, you got to load it every time the system cold boot.
I did not mention that h-encore was not persistent or meant to be as I understand that it is not. Only Henkaku. Which is meant to be persistent.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not mention that h-encore was not persistent or meant to be as I understand that it is not. Only Henkaku. Which is meant to be persistent.

Well Henkaku is basically the same thing as H-encore, H-encore is based off Henkaku. Enso is the permanent modification that allow you to cold boot but it is only for 3.60 and 3.65 users not 3.68 users.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well Henkaku is basically the same thing as H-encore, H-encore is based off Henkaku. Enso is the permanent modification that allow you to cold boot but it is only for 3.60 and 3.65 users not 3.68 users.
My issue is with Henkaku. I thought that was clear even though you are only trying to help I am sure. And fyi, Henkaku is meant to be persistent on 3.68. It has been for me on 3.68 since the h-encore hack came out. Now it is not.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue is with Henkaku. I thought that was clear even though you are only trying to help I am sure. And fyi, Henkaku is meant to be persistent on 3.68. It has been for me on 3.68 since the h-encore hack came out. Now it is not.

Im not sure then, because henkaku wasn't really written for 3.68, h-encore is. Probably might be your ux0 if you have problems loading it manually.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im not sure then, because henkaku wasn't really written for 3.68, h-encore is. Probably might be your ux0 if you have problems loading it manually.
Loading it manually is fine from h-encore. It just won't load at boot. I do have a new mainboard if I brick it trying to fix it by formatting the memory card and/or reinstalling the hack but it will be a real PITA to fit it. That's why I wanted to know if it was safe to format the card to reinstall the hack if formatting the card will remove it.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because it doesn't only if you are on 3.60 3.65 you can use enso auto boot cfw
It does and did load at boot til today. That is the whole point of me asking for help by posting what is wrong. Thought I made that clear. Anyone here with a hacked Vita on 3.68 can easily confirm that Henkaku is persistent at boot by checking the system settings before loading h-encore and seeing if the Henkaku settings menu is there.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have or have had a Vita on 3.68 with h-encore installed? If so, can you check for me? If not, why are you so sure that I am wrong?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware where you on before, did you updated your firmware?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have or have had a Vita on 3.68 with h-encore installed? If so, can you check for me? If not, why are you so sure that I am wrong?

I have a vita but it is on 3.65 not 3.68, as stated in that guide you posted in the opening post, enso is the modification to allow you to coldboot into cfw, but only work for 3.65 and 3.60, as it got patched in 3.67 and above.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3.60 Henkaku initially. No problems for months of daily use. Updated to Enso 3.65. No Problems for months of daily use. 3.68. No problems with daily use ever since the hack came out. Til today.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The bootloader bug enso relied on was patched in 3.67.
It is impossible to coldboot a vita with Henkaku enabled past 3.65.

Edit: Ninja'd
Then why did the settings show in the settings menu prior to loading h-encore?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe that they did if you were on 3.68, but I can't prove that.
What I do know is that it is not possible to coldboot a vita with Henkaku enabled on 3.67 or above.
You will need to reactivate it with h-encore on every reboot.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Henkaku setting would still show regardless you have coldboot or not, Henkaku and Enso is actually seperate, Henkaku is the homebrew enabler and Enso the permanent CFW modification that used one of the bootloader bug.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Henkaku setting would still show regardless you have coldboot or not, Henkaku and Enso is actually seperate, Henkaku is the homebrew enabler and Enso the permanent CFW modification that used one of the bootloader bug.
Thanks. As per my OP, why have they now not decided to show on boot if as you have now put, the settings will show whether you have coldboot or not? That was the point of me asking.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. As per my OP, why have they now not decided to show on boot if as you have now put, the settings will show whether you have coldboot or not? That was the point of me asking.

Well enso users have the enso logo when you boot the system up from being completely off, non permenant cfw doesn't if that help.

You would see the logo in the picture if you had enso at boot.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    176.1 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by Hayato213,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy