Homebrew Help with how to get DOOM Wads for prboom (and where to place them)

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded prboom for my 2DSXL, a port of DOOM. I open it up, and then it asks for me to put in "doom wads," or "iwads." I looked at all these different tutorials and none of them said how to acquire the doom wads. If anyone can please help me with getting the doom wads, I would be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no real idea. I'm just trying to play prboom here and it says I need to get "doom wads" and I have no clue on how to get them.
You should have a idea. Its listed in the rules you agreed to

"Warez" - ROMs, WADs, ISOs & CIAs

"Warez" is an internet term used to describe copyrighted software, game, film, music and data piracy.
  • We DO NOT HOST or PROVIDE ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs; or link to websites that do contain ROMs/WADs/ISOs/CIAs.
  • We do not allow or condone sharing of title keys or any other form of copyrighted material or content.
  • Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).
  • We do not condone piracy in any way.
  • Please go elsewhere if you only wish to download or share illegal files. The GBAtemp Forums are for discussion ONLY.

Plus you could search say. elhobbs prboom v0.7 and select a github page which tells you how to go about getting whats needed.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can buy Doom on gog.com and use the wads from that.

As for setup, install the CIA from here:
https://github.com/elhobbs/prboom3ds/releases

Also download "prboom.wad" from the above link and copy it along with all of your doom wads into this folder:
sd:\3ds\prboom3ds\

Then just launch the game from the 3DS home screen like normal. A configuration file will automatically be created in the above folder.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's inconvenient how often downloading something is legally considered piracy even if you own it.

Good luck ripping IWADs from the Xbox 360 version of the BFG Edition. ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.