ROM Hack Help translating Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, this looks great!

I've been dropping by this thread for a few weeks now to check on the project ever since I found about Love Revo. I'm so glad that you guys are making so much progress. I hope it continues, and since you are done with Love Plus, you can commit your time to this game more, yes?

I actually do have a little bit of Chinese knowledge, but not enough to actually help translate. Though, I would love to help with editing or beta-testing. It would be nice to learn a bit more about hacking, since I am doing a Computer Science degree at university.

Too bad about the voice acting. It would be cool to hear the voices while playing the game in English so people could learn some Japanese and listen to their personalities.

I can't wait until this game gets fully translated. I read that it's a difficult game, but I'm all up to the challenge. :) Though, if people are gonna beta-test, they need an accurate and helpful guide.

Edit: Oh yeah. When will there be a site dedicated to this game so people can follow the updates?
The project's going great, but still not at the point for major announcement or anything. :P
I'm also working on the guide. It should be ready before we start beta testing.

Did you send out more scripts to be edited, jjjewel? I haven't received anything in my inbox.
No. I didn't send you anything lately. I'm still deciding how the editors are going to discuss about rules and formats, etc. It might be on a private forum or Google Docs. I might PM to ask your Google/gmail account later. :)

sandymaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The project's going great, but still not at the point for major announcement or anything. :P
I'm also working on the guide. It should be ready before we start beta testing.
So I guess the site for this project won't be up for a while, huh? That's alright. I'll just keep coming back to this thread.

I know there are already a few editors helping you, but if you need anymore help, I would be glad to. Plus, for beta-testing, I don't mind playing any route.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please wait a little bit. I'm still deciding the format for Html file.
Currently AmuletCross is using Chinese-English files, while I'm using Japanese-English.
And the 3 editors (GertrudetheRobot, fairie, MisaChan93) are working on the English only files.
In the end, the scripts will be converted to Korean-English to be inserted to the game.
It's pretty confusing. Haha.
If I make a mistake here, it'll really be a lot of extra work when I insert the scripts to the game. ^_^"

++I'm also reviewing my translations. There are a lot of funny things I typed in there.
Ex.
Let's go to English.
Now I can feel at east.

So let me correct some of these parts first before I pass them to the editors. :)

@sandymaxy
The site will be up sometime later. I'll PM you for help later if we need more editors. Thank you very much. :wub:
Beta-testing won't start any time soon, I think.

AmuletCross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I was wondering, how much % of all the scripts are finished? o.o I guess it must be a really low number, but I'm still curious X)

Nenyeni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just signed up for this site...but I am so excited to see this happening. I just loves the manga and have been trying to find information on the game...so..thank you all for your hard work and please let ne know if there's anything I can do.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just signed up for this site...but I am so excited to see this happening. I just loves the manga and have been trying to find information on the game...so..thank you all for your hard work and please let ne know if there's anything I can do.
Thank you. :wub:
The story in the manga is quite different from the game, though. But I think that's good. You'll have more stories to enjoy. :D

By the way, to the current editors. I'm getting a little busy this week and probably next week too. Please wait a little bit for more scripts to edit. :wub:

GertrudetheRobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com
XP
Country
United States
By the way, to the current editors. I'm getting a little busy this week and probably next week too. Please wait a little bit for more scripts to edit. :wub:

Alrighty, I am excited to keep going but I understand that real life stuff is important. Good luck with all the stuff you gotta get done.

Nowshin

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I joined this forum after finding this thread on google, haha. THANK YOU SO MUCH WHO HAVE TAKEN UP THE TRANSLATION OF THIS WONDERFUL GAME!!!!!!!!!!

*kneels down and worships*

I played the Japanese version of the PC game, and I was wondering if this translation will move on to PC too? From what I can see the DS version is getting done right now, and since I'm completely in love with the voice actors I never considered getting the DS one. I am interested in helping with the editing, but if there is no PC version I'll be pretty sad since I won't be able to enjoy it myself :(

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We moved to this thread instead. :)

Girlish Love Revolution English Translation Project
http://gbatemp.net/t...lation-project/

Some people have started working on the PC version but I haven't heard back how far it went. (They'd need to work on the data extraction/insertion which would be different from the DS version. But if they could do that, we already granted them permission to use our translation.)

By the way, we probably won't use this thread anymore. I'll ask the Mod to lock it. ^_^
Edited: With the forum's new format, I don't know how to check who are the Moderators for this forum. (I think it used to show somewhere. I couldn't find it now. If any Mod see this message, please help locking the thread. Thank you very much. :wub:)

(This thread always reminds me how noob I was back then. I didn't even know Unicode encoding and I even tried to make a custom table for it. :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol