ROM Hack Help translating Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo

Yosh1709

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey You guys are awesome!
yaynds.gif

Im so jealous lol Ive been trying to learn how to hack into ds games but its very confusing and hard to get started.
Anyway if you need any beta testers later on I'll be happy to help.
yaynds.gif

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, AmuletCross is helping with the translation.
wub.gif

I'll start a new thread when we're ready to announce the project and open for beta-testing later.
(Or maybe we'll just borrow this thread for a while.
tongue.gif
)

GertrudetheRobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com
XP
Country
United States
This is another project I am looking forward to very much! The only thing I am useful for is English editing if anybody needs any help with that later on feel free to PM me. If not, no big whoop, just wanted to be supportive and help where I can.

Thanks hackers and translators for everything you do!
biggrin.gif

Edit: I am also pretty decent at image manipulation if you guys need any of that either.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GertrudetheRobot said:
This is another project I am looking forward to very much! The only thing I am useful for is English editing if anybody needs any help with that later on feel free to PM me. If not, no big whoop, just wanted to be supportive and help where I can.

Thanks hackers and translators for everything you do!
biggrin.gif

Edit: I am also pretty decent at image manipulation if you guys need any of that either.

QUOTE(fairie @ Sep 27 2011, 11:39 AM) I'd love to help with editing if it's needed. I've been wanting to play this game in English forever!
smile.gif

Thank you very much. I'll PM you when we get a little bit more of the scripts done.

Currently, AmuletCross is working on the translation and is almost done with Ichinose Ren's scripts.
yay.gif

The graphics are mostly taken care of. (About 95% done. The rest are text in graphics that I haven't translated yet.)
happy.gif

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still pretty clueless about GBATemp's new forum format. :P

Seems like I don't get anymore e-mail notification when I got a PM, so if any of you send me PM that requires a response and I don't reply you back in 3 days, please PM me again.

We'll be starting the script editing sometime this week. I'll send PM to editors (fairie and GertrudetheRobot) for more info. If by the end of this week, you don't get my PM, your PM might get lost somehow.

I'll try to get some more stuff organized once I'm done with Love Plus project. For now, let's use this thread for a while. :D

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent the scripts to GertrudetheRobot and fairie for editing last week. If you still don't get it please let me know.
(I'm not sure about everyone else but currently I don't get email notification for a new PM.)

Can I help out with the English editing?
Thank you very much. Let me organize things a little bit and I'll PM you soon.
Currently, GertrudetheRobot and fairie will help with the main scripts. If you could help me with the item descriptions, that'd be best. :D
(There are hundreds of desserts you'll have to check the descriptions and it's bad if you usually work on the scripts at night because you'll get hungry. I gained some weight translating this part. T_T)

Edited: I also sent another message and a link for the script to Misachan93 today.

fairie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sent back the first batch of scripts! Figured I'd post it in the thread if you're not getting email notifications - neither am I anymore, either. :(

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent back the first batch of scripts! Figured I'd post it in the thread if you're not getting email notifications - neither am I anymore, either. :(
Thank you. I got it already but still haven't had time to review it yet. Let me take a look and I'll send you some more files to edit. Thank you again.

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little update:

I got the edited scripts back from all the editors already. Thank you very much. :wub:

Now there are more translations done but they are still a little rough.
I'll work on preliminary editing first and then I'll send them to the editors.

I've been trying to hack the PC and PSP versions of this game to see if I could extract voices and put the voices in DS version.
Unfortunately, PC and PSP versions are packed in difficult formats, so I have to stick with no voice. T_T
(But even if they are in easier format, I still doubt if I could add voices to DS version.
Anyway, considering hot voice actors for this game, it is worth trying. :D)

GertrudetheRobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
A little update:

I got the edited scripts back from all the editors already. Thank you very much. :wub:

Now there are more translations done but they are still a little rough.
I'll work on preliminary editing first and then I'll send them to the editors.

I've been trying to hack the PC and PSP versions of this game to see if I could extract voices and put the voices in DS version.
Unfortunately, PC and PSP versions are packed in difficult formats, so I have to stick with no voice. T_T
(But even if they are in easier format, I still doubt if I could add voices to DS version.
Anyway, considering hot voice actors for this game, it is worth trying. :D)
Fantastic!

Let me know if you need me to run through what I sent off again. I am willing to do more than one revision. I am looking through what I did and there are some things that I would phrase a bit differently.

Too bad about the voice acting, but thanks for trying!

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm trying to make the script editing a bit more fun for the editors and the translators. The new format will be in plain text but you can convert it to html to view the scenarios, so you can have some more idea about the scenes and the face expressions of the characters, etc.

Anyway, I'm not sure if that will cause more trouble. (I'll have to send you the pictures so that they show up in html files.) I'll PM you later when it's ready.

The program will look like this. (Thanks to the new version of Tinke program that I could extract the pictures without manually copy and paste each piece of them one by one. :D)

It'll need .NET framework2.0, I think. (It's not necessary to edit text with html format, so don't worry. You can just edit the plain text if you don't want to deal with html.)
loverevohtml.png

GertrudetheRobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm trying to make the script editing a bit more fun for the editors and the translators. The new format will be in plain text but you can convert it to html to view the scenarios, so you can have some more idea about the scenes and the face expressions of the characters, etc.

Anyway, I'm not sure if that will cause more trouble. (I'll have to send you the pictures so that they show up in html files.) I'll PM you later when it's ready.

The program will look like this. (Thanks to the new version of Tinke program that I could extract the pictures without manually copy and paste each piece of them one by one. :D)

It'll need .NET framework2.0, I think. (It's not necessary to edit text with html format, so don't worry. You can just edit the plain text if you don't want to deal with html.)

I love this new format. I haven't fiddled with the text file yet, but the html works fine for me. :D

sandymaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

loverevohtml.png
Ah, this looks great!

I've been dropping by this thread for a few weeks now to check on the project ever since I found about Love Revo. I'm so glad that you guys are making so much progress. I hope it continues, and since you are done with Love Plus, you can commit your time to this game more, yes?

I actually do have a little bit of Chinese knowledge, but not enough to actually help translate. Though, I would love to help with editing or beta-testing. It would be nice to learn a bit more about hacking, since I am doing a Computer Science degree at university.

Too bad about the voice acting. It would be cool to hear the voices while playing the game in English so people could learn some Japanese and listen to their personalities.

I can't wait until this game gets fully translated. I read that it's a difficult game, but I'm all up to the challenge. :) Though, if people are gonna beta-test, they need an accurate and helpful guide.

Edit: Oh yeah. When will there be a site dedicated to this game so people can follow the updates?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol