Hacking HELP! PLEASE!

SevereNinja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having problems...my acekard 2i says...

The skin Adv.Evor can't be found
Adv.Evor couldnt be found either
Please delete globalsettings.ini
and restore Adv.Evor theme.

Please message me personally...i would be very grateful for any help...because ive had the acekard 2i for months and i cnt get it to work...also advice on which update i should download

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
SevereNinja said:
How?Although you've 'fixed' it - in case things go wrong again here's a breakdown of what you should do

According to the instructions
QUOTEThe skin Adv.Evor can't be found
Adv.Evor couldnt be found either
Please delete globalsettings.ini
and restore Adv.Evor theme.

1st line: 'The skin Adv.Evor can't be found'
This means that the skin file 'Adv.Evor' (or part of it) cannot be found & so the Acekard can't show it

2nd line: 'Adv.Evor couldnt be found either'
This seem to be just repeating the first line for some reason,perhap it's referring to the entry in the Globalsettings.ini file

3rd line: 'Please delete globalsettings.ini'
It's telling you to DELETE the file 'globalsetting.ini'.
Could be you've got a corrupt version or something - once deleted a new 'default' globalsetting.ini will be made

4th line: 'and restore Adv.Evor theme.'
This is telling you to reinstall the 'Adv.Evor' skin back onto the Acekard & select it to get it back

Personally - I would take a guess that you had the Adv.Evor skin selected on the Acekard - & either deleted the Adv.Evor skin file (or part of it) then started up again OR you renamed the skin file to something else

brak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wasn't really much help, you know. And being a jerk is just showing that you can be one. The problem is that the download of version 1.8.8 from acekard.com has the error built in, so if you follow the instructions exactly, you get the error message with no way to fix it because there is no globalsettings.ini file on the acekard to delete or edit. My solution was to use an older (1.7.1) version and to hope that they notice and put out a fix eventually.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
how is CannonFoddr telling someone exactly what to do and how to do it being a jerk?

acekard.com is not the official mirror of akaio, so that is your first problem.

akaio.net and filetrip will always host the same file.

brak said:
no way to fix it because there is no globalsettings.ini file on the acekard to delete or edit.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Globalsettings.ini

QUOTEThis file will appear in the _aio directory after you run AKAIO for the first time. It is an .ini file which stores the settings listed below.

You may choose to keep your "Global Settings" by transferring this file to your new AKAIO updated install. Keep in mind that any paths stored in this file will be associated with folders and files from the old install. If a skin folder is missing, for example, AKAIO will crash as the firmware is attempting to load a skin from a path stored in the "globalsettings.ini" which may not exist.

i just grabbed the 1.8.8 upload from acekard.com and it is set up correctly. i dropped it on a 1gb and put it in a 2.1 and a 2i, and it works fine. i'm not sure what problem you are having but it might be micro sd related. did you try a reformat of your card?

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol