[Help - OS X] Can't install Windows through Boot Camp

yeshwant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
[QUOTEpost: 7437967, member: 183014"]Try using safari and following this guide:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...dows-10-creators-update-on-mac-with-boot-camp

I just ran the assistant to create a new installer (since I already have bootcamp), it accepted the iso.

For the record, my download was the anniversary windows 10 (regular edition, not N or single language) with English International as my language.

It had the name: Win10_1607_EnglishInternational_x64.iso

By "Mount" I meant open the iso and it should appear as a disk in Finder.

Another thing to try is to just ignore the warning and continue if you can, it may just be standard warning and not an actual error (the partition resize is as expected, it's not an error).[/QUOTE]
i also have the same version of windows but not able to install it, further when i open the iso file(by double clicing its icon, it says"the following disk image couldn't be opened
REASON: image not recognized"(what is mount?)..
Try using safari and following this guide:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...dows-10-creators-update-on-mac-with-boot-camp

I just ran the assistant to create a new installer (since I already have bootcamp), it accepted the iso.

For the record, my download was the anniversary windows 10 (regular edition, not N or single language) with English International as my language.

Another thing to try is to just ignore the warning and continue if you can, it may just be standard warning and not an actual error (the partition resize is as expected, it's not an error).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i also have the same version of windows but not able to install it, further when i open the iso file(by double clicing its icon, it says"the following disk image couldn't be opened
i think mounting must be the reason

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
[QUOTEpost: 7437967, member: 183014"]Try using safari and following this guide:

Another thing to try is to just ignore the warning and continue if you can, it may just be standard warning and not an actual error (the partition resize is as expected, it's not an error).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i think mounting must be the reason[/QUOTE]

Could be your download is getting corrupted.

You should be able to open up the iso and have it appear like an actual disc.

Mounting is perfectly normal, for example, it's what you do every time you open a DMG file.

Primalus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something important that I'm not sure anybody else has said: older devices don't support newer versions of Windows. For example, my late 2011 MacBook Pro doesn't support Windows 10 (64-bit).

yeshwant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
but how it was perfectly downloaded, i am having issue on win 10 anniversary update but, also facing same problem in windows 8.1(64-bit)&windows 10 creator update (64-bit)

please help

yeshwant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ya, I cannot do anything rather than just ignoring the message. But why then also its not installing .
now it is mounting also

yeshwant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey now i am able to use iso in boot camp(the problem was actually in ISO,it was corrupted),it took long for windows software to download but after that there is an another error reguarding partition size(i was not able to find that same error as i did it only once),...HELP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1