Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
A few days ago I got an old Macbook Pro (From 2007, model A1226), and I've tried to install Windows through Boot Camp.

However, no matter what I try I can't install it. I'm stuck in the part that says "No bootable device - insert boot disc and press any key". Screen won't recognize USB stick or DVD disc (the machine won't read installation DVD, game CDs and DVDs work just fine).

I'm getting slightly frustrated with this and running out of ideas, so any help will be appreciated.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago I got an old Macbook Pro (From 2007, model A1226), and I've tried to install Windows through Boot Camp.

However, no matter what I try I can't install it. I'm stuck in the part that says "No bootable device - insert boot disc and press any key". Screen won't recognize USB stick or DVD disc (the machine won't read installation DVD, game CDs and DVDs work just fine).

I'm getting slightly frustrated with this and running out of ideas, so any help will be appreciated.

Easy.... First of all, what is your version ? Mine is macOS Sierra. Try to update to El Capitan or macOS Sierra then I will tell you. I prefer macOS Sierra since it's newer and better than El Capitan to my opinion. It is much easier than what you are doing.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
My goodness how you guys are quick to reply!

Easy.... First of all, what is your version ? Mine is MacOS Sierra.
I'm using OS X El Capitan. The device is too old to support Sierra.

Did you create the boot media using the bootcamp assistant?
Boot Camp assistant only gives me options to download support software and install Windows 7.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by spotanjo3,

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Perfect! You don't need this old fashion and no more use flash drive need! What ?? Are you kidding ? No, really. Here it is:

http://blog.twocanoes.com/post/130203487014/apple-boot-camp-no-longer-requires-usb-flash-drive

Please kindly to let me know how you are doing with it, ok ? A feedback would be appreciate.
Huh, interesting! Let me take take a closer look and report back what will happen.

E: Nope, it didn't work. I don't get that option. I get an error that says "insert USB stick to continue".

Last edited by Shorkio,

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
No, something's wrong with you. What do you mean don't get that option ? Explain ???

And... Oh you don't have external dvd drive right ??

EDIT: A trick.. Here:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/9136...with-boot-camp-without-an-external-dvd-drive/

When I mean is I have the "old" Boot Camp options when I try to continue the installation, I'll add screenshots what I'll get.
Näyttökuva 2016-10-30 kello 23.34.27.png Näyttökuva 2016-10-30 kello 23.34.35.png

I don't have an external DVD drive, unfortunately. I'll try the guide you linked and will report back.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. you should have told us in the first place, lol. You must have an external DVD drive even I didn't know about it until now. Good thing that I have an external DVD drive, heh. Anyway.. This trick should work.

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah.. you should have told us in the first place, lol. You must have an external DVD drive even I didn't know about it until now. Good thing that I have an external DVD drive, heh. Anyway.. This trick should work.
Huh, interesting. I didn't know I need external DVD drive because the Macbook has DVD drive already.

Anyway, I installed rEFIt and saw an option to boot Windows there. I'm now partitioning disk and (hopefully soon) installing Windows. :P

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, interesting. I didn't know I need external DVD drive because the Macbook has DVD drive already.

Anyway, I installed rEFIt and saw an option to boot Windows there. I'm now partitioning disk and (hopefully soon) installing Windows. :P

Great. Please click "LIKE" above with the link I sent to you so people will know that it is working. :D

Reactions: Duckling

Shorkio

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Great. Please click "LIKE" above with the link I sent to you so people will know that it is working. :D
Actually, I got some issues. ^^; I get an error when I try to boot the installation from USB.
(Black screen with yellow text) Error: Not Found returned from legacy loader
Error: Load Error while (re)opening our installation volume

It's also saying something about external hard drives not being well supported by Apple's firmware for legacy OS booting.

E: For my own curiosity, I'm going to try install Windows 10 and see if it works better than (apparently legacy) Windows 7.

E2: I think I got it to work now! I used Rufus to create bootdisk and instead of using default partition type (MBR partition BIOS or EFI) I chose GPT partition UEFI. Now Windows is loading files. :D

Last edited by Shorkio,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 2013 rmbp (no dvd drive), to install bootcamp i just needed a usb flash drive and an iso of windows.

I used bootcamp to make the media and remember you need the bootcamp drivers as well which bootcamp assistant normally handles.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Bootcamp has been janky on my mid-2015 MBP as well (haven't tested it on Sierra yet, but El Capitan had issues). I would have to do the initial setup twice, otherwise Windows wouldn't be detected at all and the partition wouldn't boot.

yeshwant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Did you create the boot media using the bootcamp assistant?
hi,
I am facing a similar problem, I have MacBook Air MMGF2HN/A ,I also have windows 10(64-bit) anniversary edition
ISO disc image(downloaded from Microsoft website),whenever I try to install Windows 10 using boot camp assistant,a popup message comes at top which state that"Need 64-bit windows 8 or later iso File..........Bootcamp only supports 64-bit Windows 8 or later installation on this platform.Please use an ISO file for 64-bit Windows 8 or later installation",also a yellow coloured exclamatory mark at the bottom(sign of error)with, statement "please select the bootcamp partition size. Once the partition size is created it can't be adjusted

windows support software will be installed after completing windows installation"

PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOME METHOD TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10, I NEED IT AT VERY ARGENT. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM I AM FACING, I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND ANY SOLUTION AT ANY OTHER PLACE SO PLEASE HELP.

(I AM NEW TO MAC, BUT I KNOW FEW THINGS ABOUT IT, ALSO I AM GOOD IN COMPUTERS FUNCTIONING, SO PLEASE REPLY ME WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION)

-THANK YOU(IN ADVANCE)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
hi,
I am facing a similar problem, I have MacBook Air MMGF2HN/A ,I also have windows 10(64-bit) anniversary edition
ISO disc image(downloaded from Microsoft website),whenever I try to install Windows 10 using boot camp assistant,a popup message comes at top which state that"Need 64-bit windows 8 or later iso File..........Bootcamp only supports 64-bit Windows 8 or later installation on this platform.Please use an ISO file for 64-bit Windows 8 or later installation",also a yellow coloured exclamatory mark at the bottom(sign of error)with, statement "please select the bootcamp partition size. Once the partition size is created it can't be adjusted

windows support software will be installed after completing windows installation"

PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOME METHOD TO INSTALL WINDOWS 10, I NEED IT AT VERY ARGENT. THIS IS VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM I AM FACING, I AM NOT ABLE TO FIND ANY SOLUTION AT ANY OTHER PLACE SO PLEASE HELP.

(I AM NEW TO MAC, BUT I KNOW FEW THINGS ABOUT IT, ALSO I AM GOOD IN COMPUTERS FUNCTIONING, SO PLEASE REPLY ME WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION)

-THANK YOU(IN ADVANCE)

1) Are you running the latest version of OSX?
2) Are you sure it was a 64bit iso
3) Are you sure it wasn't a corrupt download (does it mount)
4) Have you tried the Creators Update?

Reactions: yeshwant

yeshwant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have OSX sierra, I am sure that it is 64-bit also it is perfectly downloaded(i don't know what is mount)
.No i have anniversary edition of Win 10(i also have win 8.1,win 10 creator update---but with these also i have same problem)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I have OSX sierra, I am sure that it is 64-bit also it is perfectly downloaded(i don't know what is mount)
.No i have anniversary edition of Win 10(i also have win 8.1,win 10 creator update---but with these also i have same problem)

Try using safari and following this guide:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...dows-10-creators-update-on-mac-with-boot-camp

I just ran the assistant to create a new installer (since I already have bootcamp), it accepted the iso.

For the record, my download was the anniversary windows 10 (regular edition, not N or single language) with English International as my language.

It had the name: Win10_1607_EnglishInternational_x64.iso

By "Mount" I meant open the iso and it should appear as a disk in Finder.

Another thing to try is to just ignore the warning and continue if you can, it may just be standard warning and not an actual error (the partition resize is as expected, it's not an error).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning