OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
2babe.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
So recently (an hour ago), I tried to fix my 3DS but instead messed up the A, X, and Y buttons, cracked the bottom LCD, etc. and I was hoping there'd be some way to extract the moveable.sed and/or LFCS_B files without using the A button

Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could hardmod and use a PC to get it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how did you mess the buttons up?

PinkJuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
2babe.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
You could hardmod and use a PC to get it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how did you mess the buttons up?
Hardmodding is out of the question for a while until late March, as for the buttons, I may or may not have used large pliers to squeeze the buttons down

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So recently (an hour ago), I tried to fix my 3DS but instead messed up the A, X, and Y buttons, cracked the bottom LCD, etc. and I was hoping there'd be some way to extract the moveable.sed and/or LFCS_B files without using the A button
Yes. You need a NAND dump, and otp.bin/NAND cid or GM9 essentials backup (more recent versions of 3ds.guide tell you to make one IIRC)
GodMode9 can dump these when launched from B9S/ntrboot so by modding that to use B rather than A for selecting options you should be able to dump them.

Once you have the dumps you can use this on a PC: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fuse-3ds-fuse-filesystem-python-scripts-for-nintendo-3ds-files.483362/
If you already have a NAND backup and a GM9 Essentials backup (which more recent versions of 3ds.guide tell you to make IIRC) you should be good to go already, if not you will need a modded GM9 in order to make those.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: PinkJuri

PinkJuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
2babe.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for taking time trying to help me but I was able to get movable.sed and LFCS_B from FBI through the CTR NAND option, I just wanted to be able to transfer my saves and games to a new system

Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both for taking time trying to help me but I was able to get movable.sed and LFCS_B from FBI through the CTR NAND option, I just wanted to be able to transfer my saves and games to a new system
SO.... you could try to use a system transfer in the system settings?

PinkJuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
2babe.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Can you reseat the golden contact patch to get those buttons to work again? How badly damage are we talking about here? Pics?
  • Dent in the battery socket that causes the magnet to freak out at times
  • Loose as hell AYX buttons
  • The touch screen is half dead
  • R and ZR won't work at random times
  • I managed to fix it but at first the power light wasn' working, that's how I eventually learned that the magnet was freaking out
  • Pic of screen below:
    20180205_155557.jpg
    It'd be cheaper just buying a refurbished gamestop n3ds online than getting my local repair man to fix everything
EDIT: More recent picture, this is from after I dropped it:
1517925287031-1165456082.jpg

Last edited by PinkJuri,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • It's be cheaper just buying a refurbished gamestop n3ds online than getting my local repair man to fix everything

If you get another N3DS, you can just swap motherboards, but that is if you're up to the challenge of opening another 3DS. Quite risky move. There's another user here with a black N3DS with slightly busted hinge that might be selling his system: https://gbatemp.net/threads/black-new-3ds-loose-screen.495997/

See if you can work out a deal and try transferring mobo there, do a backup save, and then transfer onto the 3rd pristine N3DS. He may give or take sell his for +$20

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Dent in the battery socket that causes the magnet to freak out at times
  • Loose as hell AYX buttons
  • The touch screen is half dead
  • R and ZR won't work at random times
  • I managed to fix it but at first the power light wasn' working, that's how I eventually learned that the magnet was freaking out
  • Pic of screen below:View attachment 113113 It'd be cheaper just buying a refurbished gamestop n3ds online than getting my local repair man to fix everything
EDIT: More recent picture, this is from after I dropped it: View attachment 113114
Lol i'm gonna tell you right now, this is an extremely easy fix and much cheaper to repair than buying another console.

Simply buy a new replacement screen bottom screen for your model.

An example: https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Nintendo...B0AAOSwqrtWofgO:sc:USPSFirstClass!02906!US!-1

What is the nature of the broken buttons? How are they broken? Are the contacts bad or is the plastic you press broken? Is it the rubber pad? You posted a photo but there is no lighting to make out anything.

If it's the contacts, then you will need a replacement daughter board (power board). Those go for $10.

If the plastic buttons, $10.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2015-New-Ver...y4AAOSwDrNZREIi:sc:USPSFirstClass!02906!US!-1

Here are the rubber contacts. $9.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2015-Nintend...rwAAOSwXz9ZlojB:sc:USPSFirstClass!02906!US!-1

Last edited by Pluupy,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply buy a new replacement screen bottom screen for your model.
His system is a New 3DS. You can't buy replacement bottom LCD for this system.

They've only started selling the top LCD some time the last few months at aliexpress, so there's hope for the bottom one available later.

Edit - It was easy to miss this when OP only mentioned one time what it was about GameStop in post #11.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Pluupy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

PinkJuri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
2babe.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, good thing mine's an XL and that I just wanted the files so I can gut it open later, also no it's worse than you think, I used industrial pliers to squeeze the buttons down and I don't think a loud crack should've happened

Follow this repair guide: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Teardown/36346

Step 19, picture two:
53GNqvVGkG4VpnJ6.huge
Check if your golden patches shifted or do what @Pluupy stated, replace that board outright.

Steps 21 & 22 for lower LCD replacement.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here, I just recompiled GodMode9 v1.5.1 so that the B button reads as the A button, and so that the L button reads as the B button. (B = enter, L = back)
The text will all still say "A to do this" or "B to cancel" etc., but I assure you they are switched.

Your LFCS_B will be in: 1:/rw/sys/LocalFriendCodeSeed_B
Your movable.sed will be in: 1:/private/movable.sed

Attachments

• GodMode9 1.5.1 (B=A, L=B).zip
    216 KB · Views: 180
Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Pluupy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, good thing mine's an XL and that I just wanted the files so I can gut it open later, also no it's worse than you think, I used industrial pliers to squeeze the buttons down and I don't think a loud crack should've happened
Oh crap what were you trying to do?!

But yeah The ABXY buttons of the new 3DS are conveniently on their own board, seperate from motherboard, so replacement is very easy. If there was a snap, then either the buttons themselves broke underneath or the board.

If the c stick, some buttons, and console power is still functioning, as the daughter board is responsible for those, then it's likely you just have broken plastic on your hands.

Best to open up the console and give it a look. Of you happen to open it up, be careful when removing the bottom after removing screws, as there are four ribbon cables attached to the base that can easy break.

Last edited by Pluupy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far