Hacking Help about to have my 360 slim hacked

Akutemc7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was thinking about having my Xbox 360 slim hacked. I went over the sticky but still have a few questions/ concerns. The person that is going to hack it tells me their is 2 hacks.

1. Is a hack that allows you to play 360 games that have been burned to a disc, and that you can play
on xbox live. But he said only XBox 360's from like july/2011 and older can be hacked in this manner.

2. The second hack is one where, games are put on a hard drive, and this hack is more expensive
but you cannot play on xbox live.

My xbox is from 10/2011
Would someone be able to tell me what hacks he is probably reffering to and if the first hack is really
not possible for my xbox. What other options are there for that year of xbox 360 slim, any info will be appreciated thanks.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. is a flashed drive hack, where the dvd drive is flashed with a customer firmware so it will read and play copied games, you can play on xbox live but still get banned if you are not careful with your burns.

not sure what he is saying about drives later than July 2011 cannot be flashed, i guess he only has the bare kit to do simple flashes and does not want to bother with the custom PCB's that can allow later drives to be flashed.

2. is the reset glitch hack, is this a tiny board (coolrunner) which is soldered to the 360 motherboard to allow custom code to be run like custom dashboards, emulators and other great stuff. this will allow 360 games to run from internal / external HDD as well as XBLA games and DLC. this cannot go on xbox live at all as it will be banned in seconds.

hack 2 is the best if you do not care about xbox live, if your only worried about getting DLC or XBLA games they can be played off the HDD on a glitched 360.

i hope this helps...............................sudeki300

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Needs a replacement PCB, that's why he says they can't be flashed, as well as needing a RGH to obtain the keys.
(flashing the latest Slim drives)

I'd go for the RGH if you don't care about Live indeed.
If you do care and want games on an external HDD, get an Xkey.

Akutemc7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. is a flashed drive hack, where the dvd drive is flashed with a customer firmware so it will read and play copied games, you can play on xbox live but still get banned if you are not careful with your burns.

not sure what he is saying about drives later than July 2011 cannot be flashed, i guess he only has the bare kit to do simple flashes and does not want to bother with the custom PCB's that can allow later drives to be flashed.

2. is the reset glitch hack, is this a tiny board (coolrunner) which is soldered to the 360 motherboard to allow custom code to be run like custom dashboards, emulators and other great stuff. this will allow 360 games to run from internal / external HDD as well as XBLA games and DLC. this cannot go on xbox live at all as it will be banned in seconds.

hack 2 is the best if you do not care about xbox live, if your only worried about getting DLC or XBLA games they can be played off the HDD on a glitched 360.

i hope this helps...............................sudeki300

Thanks this is helpful, What are the Drawbacks of of the RGH hack besides not being able to play XBox live, I read something about the xbox being slower?
IS that true , What actually becomes slower the loading of the games or the loading of the dashboard? WHat are the Cons of doing that type of flash? Also would i still be able to play originals on xbox live?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nothing.
The glitchchip slows down the 360's CPU at boot but speeds it up afterwards.
And no, RGHing means you'll completely loose access to Live.
You'll never can get it back (unless you use a Dual NAND but then you can't use your backups on the Live state)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative