Hello, I somehow have a mini pc android 7, but I can't seem to charge it or to launch it.

Laiks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, so I have a Mini pc android 7", here are all the informations for later:

Type: Android 7

Name: Mini pc android 7"

Ref: INOS1AND07

Android OS 2.2

Kernel 2.6.32

Build Number V1.5.7

So, it seems as the thing where you can charge it with a big 9 Volt charger is actually broken, there's no piece, so basically, it's a hole but with nothing in it to take the electricity I guess.
So, while charging it on my PC with a USB Type A to USB Type A, it did launch, but with the android animation normal, but after that, when there's the starting screen, it just shuts off.
And, I was asking if there was a sort of recovery mode or something like that to help me about that, coz this mini pc as new costs almost 100$ and so I bought it for 3$ (lol).
Just to say all of that in a simplified sentence:
Is there a recovery mode or something like that that can make me able to actually launch and use that PC normally without it shutting down?

Note: There is no way it's gonna charge by the normal 9V thing, unless I would find the piece on amazon or buy it somewhere else, because I don't know where to find it, and how to name it, and to identify it so I can search it on amazon for example.

Thanks for reading, and if you have something to say about this, well it would be helpful!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Android OS 2.2

Kernel 2.6.32

Build Number V1.5.7

So, it seems as the thing where you can charge it with a big 9 Volt charger is actually broken, there's no piece, so basically, it's a hole but with nothing in it to take the electricity I guess.
So, while charging it on my PC with a USB Type A to USB Type A, it did launch, but with the android animation normal, but after that, when there's the starting screen, it just shuts off.
And, I was asking if there was a sort of recovery mode or something like that to help me about that, coz this mini pc as new costs almost 100$ and so I bought it for 3$ (lol).
Is there a recovery mode or something like that that can make me able to actually launch and use that PC normally without it shutting down?

Note: There is no way it's gonna charge by the normal 9V thing, unless I would find the piece on amazon or buy it somewhere else, because I don't know where to find it, and how to name it, and to identify it so I can search it on amazon for example.

Thanks for reading, and if you have something to say about this, well it would be helpful!

Probably it doesn't work if you did bought it for $3, probably something wrong with the board, maybe the wrong voltage was apply, and damaged some component.

Laiks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably it doesn't work if you did bought it for $3, probably something wrong with the board, maybe the wrong voltage was apply, and damaged some component.
Turns out there was a piece missing for the 9V charger to actually work, so imma try getting something else that's cheap and that works with a 9V charger with the actual piece, to put it in the mini pc. Thanks for your answer tough!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out there was a piece missing for the 9V charger to actually work, so imma try getting something else that's cheap and that works with a 9V charger with the actual piece, to put it in the mini pc. Thanks for your answer tough!

Probably look for the same charger model number that is your best bet.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Android OS 2.2

Kernel 2.6.32

Build Number V1.5.7

I don't understand why lacking a 9V input would affect a tablet.
It sounds more like a battery problem.
If it has Android 2.2 then it must be 2010... so... there's probably something else happening besides a rightfully dead battery.
I've been able to run a 5.0 Android Tablet without battery, plugged to the wall through 5V input.
If the battery is good (very unlikely to hold a charge given it's age) then it's more like a short circuit.

Now, usually, Android tablets have a "recovery mode" accessible when holding POWER + VOLUME DOWN while booting.
If you can't access that, then it must be a broken chip (NAND?) or chip corruption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7