Groumpfouh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,

I'm lost here. My PS3 (fat 60GB) has always had some HDMI issues which would easily be fixed by rebooting the video settings.

Except this time it doesn't work.

My PS3 is connected to a HDMI switch (4 systems on it) and I tried to unplug it from the switch and plug it directly to the TV. This is when it all stopped working. No picture. No sound.

The PS3 is fine I think: the scart cable totally works, games and all.

I tried five different hdmi cables, rebooting the PS3, factory reseting it, plugging it to another TV... NOTHING WORKED.

The only other thing I did recently was to install the latest Rebug CFW, but I doubt there's any link to be found here... Then again, I don't know.

Any idea please?

Groumpfouh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's actually even more weird than I thought. BOTH the PS3 and the TV notice that there is an HDMI cable plugged in. The PS3 asks me if I want to switch to HDMI (if I have the scart cable plugged in, so that I can see, you know) and if I say yes, the TV displays "recognizing signal..." first and "signal not recognized" after.

Isn't there any way to force the PS3 to a 720p res when we switch to HDMI and not 1080i, as it has always been my problem: my PS3 has never been able to display 1080i on my TV without flickering.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Trying to reflow it? Isn't that for YLOD? Because the PS3 works when using scart. It just doesn't with HDMI.

Last edited by Groumpfouh,

Groumpfouh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, even MORE weird: I was plugging and unplugging stuff and at some point, without any reason, it worked. I don't know why. I then went to display settings to try to max the PS3 to 1080p, but as soon as I chose HDMI... It stopped working. Again.

This is driving me crazy.

Groumpfouh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have done that. It's old early HD TV, 720p only, and it didn't work either.

My guess is that the PS3 is trying to output a 1080p signal - the highest, which never worked well on my TV - while I need a 1080i at the most.

I reaaaaaaally wonder if it has anything to do with the latest Rebug cfw I installed a couple days ago. I mean, I never touched the PS3 in itself. The problems started when and only when I tried to plug the PS3 into another port of my TV. I'm sure the machine is fine in itself.

Groumpfouh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, but WHY on Earth did it happen RIGHT when I switched ports on my TV? It wasn't random, it happened when I plugged my PS3 into another HDMI port.

And it randomly worked again at some point, when I plugged it into its original port. But I couldn't access the display settings menu though, I got a black screen again.

Isn't it possible to force the PS3 to display a 720p image?

Groumpfouh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When detecting or choosing HDMI, my PS3 has always chosen 1080p by default. Always. I've always had to manually choose 1080i.

I've bought a YUV cable... I'll use that for the time being I guess.

Thank you all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up