Hacking HBC priiloader issue

gooddegenerate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I access priiloader from the homebrew channel? I have priiloader installed and it works when
I press power then hold reset. But there is no way to load priiloader through homebrew. I have 1.1.0
and the priiloader installer can be found in my homebrew channel.. but no way to load priiloader that I
can see. It just reloads the installer. I purchased this wii already modded and it already had this
priiloader on it so I've never updated it.. The current version is 0.4 rev 78 (preloader v0.30 mod).
It gives me an option to install or update priiloader. So it can update through the app so long as
my network is initialized? Does a later version have support to launch priiloader from homebrew?

Also I almost fear updating since I didn't put priiloader on here, someone else did, and I don't wanna
mess anything up.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Priiloader is installed at the location of the System menu by taking its filename, and the real system menu file is renamed.
When you boot your Wii, it loads what it expect to be the System menu, but as it's looking for the System menu filename it's loading priiloader instead.

Priiloader is set to not display any picture on screen and auto-load another filename (by default it's loading the renamed System menu), unless the reset button is pressed.

If there were a way to "launch Priiloader" from the homebrew channel, you would still have to press reset button to prevent the "auto-loading of another title" which is what priiloader is doing every time it's launched.
So, there IS a way to boot priiloader from HBC : Load the System menu ! (it IS priiloader), but you need to press reset to prevent priiloader from auto-loader the real system menu (unless it accept arguments to prevent that).

Every homebrew which try to launch the system menu are in fact requesting the system menu filename, and priiloader is loaded.
If you had a homebrew "boot priiloader" it would only do the same thing as booting the system menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...