Gaming Have another Computer [partially] controlling mine?

Range-TE

OP
Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have Toy Story 3 on PC (i love it even though i'm 15 now)
i want to play co-op with my Friend, so i played it with my Joystick when he was over at my house. Then we started thinking if we could play it over the net, i can stream my Display over to his and stuff.

so now my question is there a program so that can he Control my keyboard or my 2nd joystick over the net?
alternately :
can a program let my PC pick up his Joystick/Keyboard commands ?

thanks in advance

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
google 'VNC'
and pick the prog of your choice..

yeh what he said ultra VNC server and client you need, if you are playing the game, then you will need to setup your pc as a server and your friend the client, you then have to setup port forwarding so you friend can login to you pc and watch, only issue is that ultra VNC and other software suffer with graphics and anything which is displayed over VNC will be subject to slow graphics, slow page refresh I once saw someone play wow over VNC he had to lower the graphics to 16 colours otherwise the refresh rate was terrible.

to play co-op on that game using VNC is going to be hard mainly because the person login in can be either the person controlling the computer or spectator, personally I think the graphics would be too slow for your friend and the game would be un-playable, you can always try though right?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Am0s said:
mercluke said:
google 'VNC'
and pick the prog of your choice..

yeh what he said ultra VNC server and client you need, if you are playing the game, then you will need to setup your pc as a server and your friend the client, you then have to setup port forwarding so you friend can login to you pc and watch, only issue is that ultra VNC and other software suffer with graphics and anything which is displayed over VNC will be subject to slow graphics, slow page refresh I once saw someone play wow over VNC he had to lower the graphics to 16 colours otherwise the refresh rate was terrible.

to play co-op on that game using VNC is going to be hard mainly because the person login in can be either the person controlling the computer or spectator, personally I think the graphics would be too slow for your friend and the game would be un-playable, you can always try though right?
that would likely be due to slow connection speeds, not system limitations..

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
unless they updated it and added 3d support, last time I used it was a few years ago I used it for mainly to connect to a server box for teamspeak and rainbow 6 server, it most probably was down to limited upload and lack of 3d support resolution/colours transmitting to the other pc hence thats why the guy was playing wow in 16 colours.

VNC uses alot of upload too so if you dont have alot of upload that is going to add to even more latency, personally I would just get your mate and play it round your house sound like too much hard work for 1 game
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.