Has the Nintendo 3DS been hacked?

xen20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How convenient that I visited today just to see this piece of news. Holding off my purchase of a 3DS until I can get its region lock totally removed, as I like to get games from anywhere I'd like and whenever I'd like :) Looking forward to more info. (didn't read the whole thread though)

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
the exploit is a buffer overflow
other than that nothing

Thats a lot since its a buffer overflow that means it will be an easy/practical Fashion for homebrew, which is what everyone is waiting for some time,since it will allow homebrewing it will also kill the region lock,and yes play 3DS game files.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
What do you mean by "adaptations" ?

the 3ds is new hardware with new security soo idk
i know you cant use wii code

I thought of insted of creating a new emulator, port a linux emulator for example, or made linux work, so many linux applications will be compatible (just used linux and emulators as example, but maybe it applies to other shit). This wont help with backup loaders or region locks, but it will help with many homebrew apps (IF i'm not telling bullshit)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats a lot since its a buffer overflow that means it will be an easy/practical Fashion for homebrew, which is what everyone is waiting for some time,since it will allow homebrewing it will also kill the region lock,and yes play 3DS game files.
Huh? You do realise that the nature of the exploit (i.e. buffer overflow) is not related to any of that stuff, right?

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it'll possibly be another 6 months until we are able to do anything, okay. We've waited this long, so where is the problem with waiting a little bit more?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As a responce to my previous post, I read further and Gamefaqs users just see it is a Photoshop pic or just a DS hack. I believe that we're safe.
> Gamefaqs
> Reliable resource about hacking

Oh c'mon... You just know you're knocking on the wrong door... :P

What makes you think that a usermode exploit will allow you any kind of system-level access for disabling the region lock or playing 3DS dumps?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Don't say what game it is until I have enough money to buy said exploitable game
It's a game on a cart. It doesn't matter when you buy it since I highly doubt Nintendo would recall and update all the said games from around the world just to prevent a hack. Just buy it new and buy a 3DS with the current or previous firmware :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast