Gaming Has the 3DS already "jumped the shark" with 3D adventure titles?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about it, it is slightly odd the 3DS hasn't received a big 3D adventure gaem. I remember the PSP had GTA in it's first year.

Yeah i mean other than Port Ocarina if you count that.
But you are right. Nothing that really lets me explore in 3rd person and really enjoy the environments.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i feel the same, i am sick of nintendo releasing so many 2d side scrollers ,they dont make enough of those games, and KI was a disaster and a disappointment
i would like to see konami port some of their n64 titles to the 3ds too, especially goemon adventures of mystical ninja and castlevania64

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i feel the same, i am sick of nintendo releasing so many 2d side scrollers ,they dont make enough of those games, and KI was a disaster and a disappointment
i would like to see konami port some of their n64 titles to the 3ds too, especially goemon adventures of mystical ninja and castlevania64

Guys did you hear something?

Anyway, I agree with you Bortz. Nintendo has to release anything to impress me after KI:U. Monster Hunter is great though, and I think Capcom has done an excellent job on the 3DS so far (their only real blunder being SSF4, which still turned out pretty good seeing how all they did was turn off the AA and low the polycount, and Legends if your still butthurt over that). I thought the new Zelda was going to be a big one, especially seeing what they did with Skyward and OoT. Too bad its just going to be an nostalgia seller >_> Same with New Super Mario Bros 2, after SML3D and its great system (3D Mario based on levels and timed platforming, beautiful.) it was pretty disappointing seeing them make another New Super Mario Bros.

Hopefully that Majora's Mask port goes through, at least then we'll see something that doesnt feel like it could have been on the DSi.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm would you consider Pokemon X and Y as open world, well 3D world sorta.

We dont really know how its going to play though, Pokemon has its own ways of locking you into its predetermined path while making you feel like your free (like having a good amount of roads that intersect, yet Psyducks refuse to move out of the way till you blow a whistle, which you have to beat the gym leader to get.)

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We dont really know how its going to play though, Pokemon has its own ways of locking you into its predetermined path while making you feel like your free (like having a good amount of roads that intersect, yet Psyducks refuse to move out of the way till you blow a whistle, which you have to beat the gym leader to get.)

No different to DQ and FF.

Still a 3D game in which you can explore as you adventure along.

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
YouDontSayBlackSS.png

The 3DS is definitely doomed, with rehashed shit.Ocarina of Time, StarFox64, Super Mario 3DS, Mario Kart, Mario and Sonic, Mario & Luigi, Paper Mario, Resident Evil, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party, Luigi's mansion, Animal Crossing, ECT.Intill it gets new content, IT WILL BE RIGHT NEXT TO THE VITA!

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we consider the story of nintendo, Super Mario Sunshine will be released into the 3ds, Have you ever noticed that portable consoles get their console corresponsive?? I mean, super mario lands were released into the gba, mario 64 into ds, and the next one is sunshine,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I'm really hopping for Golden Sun 4, they need to do it, in Dark Dawn they left the main reason of why you departed open.
I'm also waiting for that Majora's Mask remake, is like if you were to watch Kill Bill without continuing with part 2.
and if the n64 had the power of pulloff cool games like mario64, banjo and dk64, why the 3ds can't have some 3d platformer love?? it's really ask for much??

edit: almost forgot about Rayman 2, even when has been ported to everything and the toaster is a very solid 3d platformer.

paulfalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. a new Open World Mario game would be sweet. As others said, too bad RARE had to pull the plug on any chances of Banjo and Kazooie coming over. Hm, am I the only one that'd love to see a Phantasy Star Online port? Yes, before PSU. XD

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Over a freaking year later, and you're STILL butthurt about Kid Icarus Uprising?

I don't even...

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm really hopping for Golden Sun 4, they need to do it, in Dark Dawn they left the main reason of why you departed open.
I'm also waiting for that Majora's Mask remake, is like if you were to watch Kill Bill without continuing with part 2.
and if the n64 had the power of pulloff cool games like mario64, banjo and dk64, why the 3ds can't have some 3d platformer love?? it's really ask for much??

edit: almost forgot about Rayman 2, even when has been ported to everything and the toaster is a very solid 3d platformer.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed by Dark Dawn. There was too many unfinished business at the end and I felt like there should have been more places to visit.
Also, the global map was a bit too small IMO when you compare it to GS2.
I hope they make a sequel that really explains everything and where you can explore the whole world.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must not have been clear enough when i made the OP. Im not really talking about something like Skyrim 3DS, its about the 3rd person roaming around and being able to control the camera and pan around 360 degrees. Most game like this tend to be mario games, 3D Zeldas, and other adventure type games. polished RPGs can have a general same feeling sometimes.

Bortzy, did you mean 'peak' rather than 'jump the shark'?
Uh maybe, i was under the impression that they meant basically the same thing.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uh maybe, i was under the impression that they meant basically the same thing.

Jump the shark is television idiom when a TV show declines in quality like Fonzie in Happy Days literally jumping over a shark. Peak in the context I mean, is referring to maximum quality. Which I reckon can be appropriated towards what you're saying i.e. has the 3DS already fulfilled it's potential for 3D action gaems.

Or just get a Vita and a copy of Gravity Daze.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jump the shark is television idiom when a TV show declines in quality like Fonzie in Happy Days literally jumping over a shark. Peak in the context I mean, is referring to maximum quality. Which I reckon can be appropriated towards what you're saying i.e. has the 3DS already fulfilled it's potential for 3D action gaems.

Or just get a Vita and a copy of Gravity Daze.

Yeah you are correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock