Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

gonzoxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone! Beforehand I want you to know that I'm Spanish, so maybe there will be some incoherences in the text. Here we go:
I have a rooted Xperia S (4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Firmware 6.2.B.0.200). I used this method posted by mangaguy:
https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list
1. Download 3.3 beta 2. (although 3.4 experimental should work).
2. Change SSID to attwifi
3. Enable Mac Address Spoof
4. Change MAC to whatever you need.
5. Wait for a minute. You should connect automatically shortly, and then a streetpass should follow.

That app is the most simple method of doing this on a rooted Android device for me so far because it has the spoofing mechanism in the tether application. I am currently looking for another tether application that would allow for spaces in SSID and use of the MAC Address Ghost app, which allows for profiles of MAC Addresses.

The most data I've used is 100 kbs down and 500 kbs up with a hit. But YMMV, watch the meter.

The app works perfectly for me but when I toggle it on, it show errors in the log. It fails in:

Setting channel
Setting essid
Setting ad-hoc mode
Activating WiFi interface
Setting MAC address

So I don't know what's wrong with my device. I did everything as posted but I think that the problem may be that my phone hasn't got any file with the MAC adresses or something since I never saw something like that (Maybe this makes no sense since I'm not an expert on this). I don't have any Nintendo zone here so I would really appreciate your help in this to make it work. Thanks!

retrogradesnowcone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone willing to help with some networking/routing issues? this is my setup, wondering what the ideal way to configure this is..

[modem/wireless router combo box provided by isp that can't clone MACs], [dd-wrt router], [pc without wireless]

right now it's

[modem/wireless router combo box provided by isp that can't clone MACs set to 192.168.1.1] -----> [dd-wrt router set to 192.168.1.254]

ideally should i have the pc connected via ethernet to the dd-wrt router or the combo box? right now they're connected to the combo box but they can't access the dd-wrt router. additionally, the dd-wrt router seems not to have internet access for some reason i can't seem to figure out :( any help would be appreciated. my 3ds says nintendozone service is available, but it can't connect to it

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone willing to help with some networking/routing issues? this is my setup, wondering what the ideal way to configure this is..

[modem/wireless router combo box provided by isp that can't clone MACs], [dd-wrt router], [pc without wireless]

right now it's

[modem/wireless router combo box provided by isp that can't clone MACs set to 192.168.1.1] -----> [dd-wrt router set to 192.168.1.254]

ideally should i have the pc connected via ethernet to the dd-wrt router or the combo box? right now they're connected to the combo box but they can't access the dd-wrt router. additionally, the dd-wrt router seems not to have internet access for some reason i can't seem to figure out :( any help would be appreciated. my 3ds says nintendozone service is available, but it can't connect to it
is the gateway on the dd-wrt set to 192.168.1.1? Also at least in my configuration, the subnet (192.168.x.1) had to be different than the modem's subnet.

once you get internet going to the dd-wrt box you should set-up SSH (in your router go to the services tab and turn on sshd)
I prefer the bitvise ssh client over PuTTY, so get whichever one you want, make a public/private keypair, and paste it into the allowed keys part of your router's config, that appears after you enable sshd. It's easier to paste in with PuTTY, with bitvise you have to export it to a file, then open that file and copy it to the router. With PuTTY comes PuTTYgen which allows you to generate one and then directly copy/paste it from that window.
Anyway once connected to your router through ssh (you login with root/your-router-access-password) type ifconfig to figure out which interface is the one for your wireless, their MACs are on the wireless setup page, so you should be able to tell.
then in ssh, ifconfig eth3 (or w/e your interface is) down;ifconfig eth3 hw ether 010203040506;ifconfig eth3 up

BlueLobstah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone streetpassed someone twice yet?

I've been using the prime street passes, but still have yet to get the same person twice.

I also noticed I have to turn off my wife's 3DS when I switch mac addresses, because otherwise she might connect to the relay first then I pick up her 3DS basically wasting a street pass.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I never managed to Streetpassed someone more than once on the prime macs, which is what I need cuz I want to finish Find Mii.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never managed to Streetpassed someone more than once on the prime macs, which is what I need cuz I want to finish Find Mii.
Since this has taken off, I stopped getting the same people over and over again. I suggest trying the old MACs (40) to see if anyone is still using those. I've also been using some of my old MACs for this reason, well until I stop getting hits anyway.

Andrefpvs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
I'm using the Windows 8 method (using netsh and macshift), and when I change my adapter's MAC to 4E53504F4F46, I notice my Virtual adapter's MAC becomes 6E53504F4F46.

I've noticed that using GBAtemp's MAC addresses the first number always becomes 6. After experimenting with changing the first number from 0-F, I notice the MAC only ever becomes 5E53504F4F46 or 6E53504F4F46 (using the first MAC as an example)... which means I can't connect to GBAtemp's official addresses since it starts with a 4. Is there anything I can do to connect to the right MACs?

I am getting a few StreetPasses from 6E53504F4F46, 6E53504F4F40, etc. from what I assume are other people with the same problem (I was finding it odd that I kept StreetPassing the same 3/4 people even after a few days) but I'd like to connect to everyone else.

If someone can help :)

turok4n64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone here be interested in exchanging Mii location with me? As in, I change my location to Hawaii and you do the same until we have completed all of USA regions?

My Mii is WiiDSmoker. Wearing the top hat

jhjsaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yesterday something weird happened to me... I seem to no longer get Streetpass data for the Mii Plaza (I cleared all other street pass data so no max 10 people at the gate issue).
I still getting Street pass data on my other games.
This started yesterday and so far I think 4/5 Streetpass later I still didn't get any for Mii Plaza.

Wonder of this is happening to anyone else!?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday something weird happened to me... I seem to no longer get Streetpass data for the Mii Plaza (I cleared all other street pass data so no max 10 people at the gate issue).
I still getting Street pass data on my other games.
This started yesterday and so far I think 4/5 Streetpass later I still didn't get any for Mii Plaza.

Wonder of this is happening to anyone else!?
It's happened to me too. I'm thinking it's from someone switching Mac Addresses as soon as they get a hit, so the 3DS treats it as the same Streetpass, but the other games come through.

I noticed a lot of Japanese people switch fast, because on a cycle of 10 I hit the same Japanese douche 6 times, and usually now I'll get at least one duplicate.

People are also still using the 40 series in addition to the 4E. I wish I could get the scripts to work on my DD-WRT router, but they don't. (Mini firmware, very old router).

malefactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the Windows 8 method (using netsh and macshift), and when I change my adapter's MAC to 4E53504F4F46, I notice my Virtual adapter's MAC becomes 6E53504F4F46.

I've noticed that using GBAtemp's MAC addresses the first number always becomes 6. Aft'er experimenting with changing the first number from 0-F, I notice the MAC only ever becomes 5E53504F4F46 or 6E53504F4F46 (using the first MAC as an example)... which means I can't connect to GBAtemp's official addresses since it starts with a 4. Is there anything I can do to connect to the right MACs?

I am getting a few StreetPasses from 6E53504F4F46, 6E53504F4F40, etc. from what I assume are other people with the same problem (I was finding it odd that I kept StreetPassing the same 3/4 people even after a few days) but I'd like to connect to everyone else.

If someone can help :)

The same thing is happening to me. I don't know if it is Windows 8 causing it or my adapter, but there are only 3 of the personal MAC addresses that I can use. I am using an HP Envy. I still get plenty of streetpasses though, so I'm assuming that there are quite a few others with this issue. Some of them may not even realize that their mac addresses are starting with a 6 instead of a 4.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone! Beforehand I want you to know that I'm Spanish, so maybe there will be some incoherences in the text. Here we go:
I have a rooted Xperia S (4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Firmware 6.2.B.0.200). I used this method posted by mangaguy:

The app works perfectly for me but when I toggle it on, it show errors in the log. It fails in:

Setting channel
Setting essid
Setting ad-hoc mode
Activating WiFi interface
Setting MAC address

So I don't know what's wrong with my device. I did everything as posted but I think that the problem may be that my phone hasn't got any file with the MAC adresses or something since I never saw something like that (Maybe this makes no sense since I'm not an expert on this). I don't have any Nintendo zone here so I would really appreciate your help in this to make it work. Thanks!

You need to put the following settings correctly.

MysteryE

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have international Note 2 N7100.
Have tried everything, but doesn't work.
The ssid/hotspot not appearing everywhere, in my 3DS, iMac, notebook, iPad 3, iPad Mini, and Nokia N9.
I wonder what went wrong. I even tried the video above, same thing.
Can somebody help me?

EDIT:
I just saw on that video there's MSS Clamping checked. It's below "Change LAN".
There's no such thing in my settings.
Which version is that?

BlueLobstah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten scripts to work through tomato? I have a second ssid set up under a bridge under it's own vlan and am able to modify the mac address through tomato and that works great, but I'd really like to automate it. This is with a WRT54G:

Code:
ifconfig wl0.1 down
ifconfig wl0.1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
ifconfig wl0.1 up

No errors, so I check to see what the hw addr is.

Code:
ifconfig wl0.1 # wl0.1 Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46

All good here, but don't seem to be picking up street passes.

Code:
nvram get wl0.1_hwaddr # shows original mac address

Well, that can be fixed!

Code:
nvram set wl0.1_hwaddr=4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
nvram commit
nvram get wl0.1_hwaddr # now shows 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46

But still... no street passes. Any idea what's wrong here?

The other reason I'd like to change this, is that it essentially reboots the whole router every time I change the mac address through tomato.

Note: Further investigation shows that the bssid being reported is NOT changing.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten scripts to work through tomato? I have a second ssid set up under a bridge under it's own vlan and am able to modify the mac address through tomato and that works great, but I'd really like to automate it. This is with a WRT54G:

Code:
ifconfig wl0.1 down
ifconfig wl0.1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
ifconfig wl0.1 up

No errors, so I check to see what the hw addr is.

Code:
ifconfig wl0.1 # wl0.1 Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46

All good here, but don't seem to be picking up street passes.

Code:
nvram get wl0.1_hwaddr # shows original mac address

Well, that can be fixed!

Code:
nvram set wl0.1_hwaddr=4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
nvram commit
nvram get wl0.1_hwaddr # now shows 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46

But still... no street passes. Any idea what's wrong here?

The other reason I'd like to change this, is that it essentially reboots the whole router every time I change the mac address through tomato.

Note: Further investigation shows that the bssid being reported is NOT changing.
I don't personally have experience with tomato, but if it's anything like dd-wrt, there's more than one nvram setting with that mac, with the _hwaddr ones actually only changing what shows up in the webGUI.
try nvram show|grep addr

and look for the old MAC.
Also I'm pretty sure the old 54g's run a broadcom chipset, and in dd-wrt you have to use the WL command to manipulate those. ie: wl -i wl0.1 bssid 00:00:00:00:00:00
however I've noticed in build 21286 at least, of dd-wrt, that setting the mac that way and then re-up'ing the interface only seems to 'take' about 1/10th of the time. I thought the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... yet that's exactly what I have to do with my router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!