Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

BlueLobstah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't personally have experience with tomato, but if it's anything like dd-wrt, there's more than one nvram setting with that mac, with the _hwaddr ones actually only changing what shows up in the webGUI.
try nvram show|grep addr

and look for the old MAC.
Also I'm pretty sure the old 54g's run a broadcom chipset, and in dd-wrt you have to use the WL command to manipulate those. ie: wl -i wl0.1 bssid 00:00:00:00:00:00
however I've noticed in build 21286 at least, of dd-wrt, that setting the mac that way and then re-up'ing the interface only seems to 'take' about 1/10th of the time. I thought the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... yet that's exactly what I have to do with my router.

Yeah, I started to play around with WL this morning and noticed that even after changing it, it was still showing the old mac address.

I have an older WRT54G (2-3?) with a Broadcom chip. So I'll have to try that. I was also able to verify this morning that it was broadcasting the old bssid via the airport tool as well just in case anyone else has similar issues.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could someone try F8:01:13:79:05:59? That's my router's second SSID's MAC (wanna try it with its Multi-SSID feature).

kamiyan89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Could someone try F8:01:13:79:05:59? That's my router's second SSID's MAC (wanna try it with its Multi-SSID feature).
didnt get any streetpass from that mac , but maybe that's me, it seems i can't get any if it's not in the prime macs :S i'll try in 8 hours.

can someone try this one?

00:24:01:C6:A0:E0

it should have my data, kamiyan, but it seems it's not working, i don't know why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, using attwifi.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, yeah I guessed that it's not you. I'm just happy it works, this way I'll get one hit every ~8 hours (since my WiFi stick decided to only work when it wants to now :().

Too bad you cannot get any more, but at least you get some now. I was at one or two StreetPasses per month tops. This relay stuff really helps out.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Too bad you cannot get any more, but at least you get some now. I was at one or two StreetPasses per month tops. This relay stuff really helps out.
Well, if my stick decides to actually work properly again, I could get many many many more. But nooo, it's being a bitch again. :D
Oh well, maybe over 100 hits were too much for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?