Homebrew Hard Bricked 2DS

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe you don't have bs9 installed yet and you are still on arm9loaderhax. Try to follow STEP 1 ONLY from this guide first.

EDIT: You can directly download and copy to your SD card this version of Luma 3DS.

Once you finish, and if your 3DS is able to boot, let us know so we can guide you through b9s installation process.

Last edited by DSoryu,
Reactions: E1ite007

FionaMLC

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've been following this thread and wondered if anyone could assist me further? I bought a faulty 2DS console on ebay 6 months ago. After several hardware tests, I have concluded the issue is software. Upon following the advice I've read here, I put luma boot.firm on an SD card and for the first time the console will turn on, however I'm not sure how to change settings to allow it to boot without the SD or how to progress further. Ideally, I'd like to get it to the point that I can use seedminer to softmod it as I did my 2DS XL last week.

FionaMLC

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've been following this thread and wondered if anyone could assist me further? I bought a faulty 2DS console on ebay 6 months ago. After several hardware tests, I have concluded the issue is software. Upon following the advice I've read here, I put luma boot.firm on an SD card and for the first time the console will turn on, however I'm not sure how to change settings to allow it to boot without the SD or how to progress further. Ideally, I'd like to get it to the point that I can use seedminer to softmod it as I did my 2DS XL last week.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi all, I've been following this thread and wondered if anyone could assist me further?

I bought a faulty 2DS console on ebay 6 months ago. After several hardware tests, I have concluded the issue is software. Upon following the advice I've read here, I put luma boot.firm on an SD card and for the first time the console will turn on, however I'm not sure how to change settings to allow it to boot without the SD or how to progress further.

Ideally, I'd like to get it to the point that I can use seedminer to softmod it as I did my 2DS XL last week.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normally you should make your own thread or post simple questions in the 3DS NOOB PARADISE instead of a random existing thread. Anyway: Welcome to GBAtemp.

Now let's see here…
2DS turns on with boot.firm on SD but not without. Assuming you have the latest Luma3DS version (or at least v9.1) there is not much to do: https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
Gather all the files mentioned on that page and make sure the Homebrew Launcher (boot.3dsx which is bundled with latest Luma) is also on your SD. Else Section III will fail. Making the 2DS boot without SD is Section VI.

When a boot.firm file is needed to turn on the console this means B9S is already installed and Seedminer is not needed anymore.

Good luck and have fun!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HELP I ALSO MESSED UP TRYING TO HOMEBREW MINE IT'S HALF AND HALF BRICKED
Well, not a great start to revive and old thread (necrobump), YELL AT US IN ALL CAPS, and not providing any real information.
In any case: Hello and welcome to GBAtemp.

"I messed up" can be anything and nothing.
CrystalBall1.gif

Please provide more information: What did you try? What happened? What is working, what is not working?
I'm afraid without more details, there is nothing anybody could do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/