Handheld for emulators

Boriar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello to everybody.
I have had disconnected from emulators and handhelds some years, and now I'm looking for buy a good (may be the best) console for playing arcade emulators and at least until psx in home consoles.
Can someone guide me which one can I look?
Thanks in advance

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita is awesome and certainly nails the PSX, but it struggles with the higher end of MAME and FBAlpha (Mortal Kombat & Afterburner.) Switch handles these well but its kinda large for a handheld, and we are still waiting on a hack for the lite. There's also a billion options for cheap Chinese stuff but I wouldn't know what to recommend there.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Vita is awesome and certainly nails the PSX, but it struggles with the higher end of MAME and FBAlpha (Mortal Kombat & Afterburner.) Switch handles these well but its kinda large for a handheld, and we are still waiting on a hack for the lite. There's also a billion options for cheap Chinese stuff but I wouldn't know what to recommend there.

If you're so sure, then why you ask? lol

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The GPD XD is a Android handheld which would be a solid choice. It supports modern charging methods and has a micro sd card. I have the original one but it pretty much does anything up to PS1 pretty great.

Alternaively, if you have a recent Android Phone, you can get get a controller and potentially emulate up to Dreamcast and PSP.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also the moqi i7+ if you basically want a recent Android phone with built-in physical controls that will handle everything mentioned above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1