Hello GBATEMP!

proguramu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello, after years of being a lurker (probably around 14 years!!!), I finally decided to create an account. I always look up to this site for tutorials when it comes to console devices ( including homebrews, mods, tips, etc. ).

I am a software engineer by title but I also love hardwares. I casually repair/break phones, consoles and handhelds. I currently own steam deck, ds, dslite, dsi and psp. Planning to get swich or PSVITA soooonest. I play mostly on my deck but I love classics more ( installed batocera on my deck :D ). My goal is to have atleast one of every game console/handheld ever made.

I already learned a lot from this forum so I hope i can contribute soon :).

Attachments

• P_20240216_194626_vHDR_On-01.jpeg
    P_20240216_194626_vHDR_On-01.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBATemp!

Wow, you have one heck of a collection of portable consoles! Depending on your preference, the Vita is going to be a better choice. The Switch is a great console, don't get me wrong. The issue it seems to have is that the older games aren't ported to it properly and many of them don't play adequately. The ones that do are amazing to play, but here I am with 80 installed games and 20 of them being ports that play difficultly or slowly.

If the point of the console is to not only play the games designed for it but also older games on consoles older than it, the Vita does it quite more adequately right now. Also, hacking a v2/OLED Switch isn't impossible, but its not easy either. The Vita can get tanked quickly and its cheaper to do, making it the choice. Plus, a PSP plus a Vita? Totally worth it.

proguramu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello @proguramu and welcome to GBATemp! :toot:
Nice collection btw, love the handhelds.. Missing a few essentials (consoles) tho, like PS2 & OG Xbox.
Just waiting for a nice deal for those units. Thanks 😁

Hello cheers~

Thanks~ 😁

Welcome to GBATemp!

Wow, you have one heck of a collection of portable consoles! Depending on your preference, the Vita is going to be a better choice. The Switch is a great console, don't get me wrong. The issue it seems to have is that the older games aren't ported to it properly and many of them don't play adequately. The ones that do are amazing to play, but here I am with 80 installed games and 20 of them being ports that play difficultly or slowly.

If the point of the console is to not only play the games designed for it but also older games on consoles older than it, the Vita does it quite more adequately right now. Also, hacking a v2/OLED Switch isn't impossible, but its not easy either. The Vita can get tanked quickly and its cheaper to do, making it the choice. Plus, a PSP plus a Vita? Totally worth it.
Yo Thanks for the input 😁.The goal for the consoles is to play whatever titles created for it since I already have my emulations on SteamDeck ( through batocera ) with the exception of ds games. Gravity rush / persona 4 golden / uncharted Golden abyss for psvita and maybe zelda TOTk and BOTW on switch.

As for hacking, im both aware on how to mod/jb those units since I casually mod/jb consoles. Though I dont have actual soldering experience with switches. I agree that it is both expensive and hard so, If I will get one, probably an OLED already JB and dual boot. For Psvita definitely the slim model since I am seeing many "gpu crashing error" on FAT vitas after jb.

My only limiting factor is the price for value. Consoles, even the older ones, are becoming expensive these days. 😅

welcome welcome welcome!
Thanks thanks thanks 😁

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty