PSTV question

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HI all!

I just bought today a PSTV to have some PSVITA games on it and try emus and PSVITA and homebrews!

I was asking myself question:

1 Is there a way to put a SD2VITA on the console? I have a cache on the right of the pstv console, but it doesn't seems to removable, can someone assure if that is normal or not? I don't want to break it that's why.

2 What is the best scrypt to improve compatibilty of PSVITA games on PSTV?

3 ITs there those emulators on PSP/PSVITA: An good amstrad emulator, X68000 or PC-98 emulator?

4 can someone give me the best useful plugins on PSTV? How do you download compatible games with PSTV?

Thanks in advance for anyone able to respond to this questions!

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1 - yes there is a slot for SD2VITA also for VITA games, but I dont use it. I have original Sony Card.

2 - to make the PSTV to 99% compatible with PSVITA, just use the tool Whitelister v.1.1.
I have tested mostly every VITA game and all was working to 99% on 3.65.
Only Secret of Mana is not compatible so far with Whitelister, even with update not working, so dont update.
https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/178
Description:
v1 whitelister app for Playstation TV by - Kankertje

Note - PSTV dont have gyroscope and shake control sensitive, this need extra plugins
PSTV has touchpointer, activate over home screen, dont need any plugin.

3 - I was never working with amstrad emulator. But what I know is that RetroArch has 2 core = Amstrad CPC CrocoDS / Amstrad GX4000 Caprice32. But I have not tested it. Also mostly every emulator or port or homebrew over 3.65 is not working anymore.

4 - Stay low as possible with plugins. So more plugins, so more slowdown go the PSTV. I am use only 4 plugins and all is working fine offline.
That is the reason for Whitelister v.1.1 Tool instead of using plugins. Online multiplayer need maybe extra plugins, not tested.

libshacccg.suprx ( I use PIBConfig.vpk for install instead of tai)
tai config =
kubridge.skprx v.0.3
fd_fix.skprx
nonpdrm

With this 4 plugins you get all to work on PSTV. Remember stay Low. SD2VITA need maybe one more plugin, dont know.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1 - Thanks, but not sure you understood my question, was asking if you can put a Sd2vita on pstv. Where is the reader, on the Right?
2 Thanks for the reply!
3 Yep, I now CrocoDS and Caprice32 but they are bad emulator and bad interface, only pce is a good emulator on Pc, but was asking if one for PSP or Vita did exist, also, same thing for X68000 and PC-98
4 thanks for advice for staying low on plugins! Thanks for the name of plugins, even If I don't know what their purpose serve.
So this has answered a good 70% of my questions! thanks again!
Remaining questions:
How do you download compatible games with PSTV?
Does Somebody knows a good Amstrad , X68000 or PC-98 emulator on vita (or maybe Psp)?

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1 -
on the small side right is the slot, PSVITA is written on them, just open it, this is the VITA card reader. The Sony card reader is on the back side where the on and off button is and internet.

4 -
libshacccg.suprx (I use PIBConfig.vpk for install instead of tai) = need mostly for PC Game Ports, example Shadow Warrior, or Emulators. there are also PC and Android Ports where you need combine kubridge and fd_fix with this one.

tai config =
kubridge.skprx v.0.3 = need for Dead Space ANDROID Port !
fd_fix.skprx = as it say it do a FIX, you need it !
nonpdrm = this is for original VITA games backups or pirated copys, example Call of Duty or Need for Speed Most Wanted, Killzone, Mortal Kombat, Silent Hill...

''download compatible games with PSTV'' = when you use nonpdrm plugin, than search on google example -> Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita nonpdrm, and you know how to deal with download hoster, rom files what ever data packs... thats why nonpdrm plugin. also read the guide how to copy the files in the correct folders. but there is also some other methods, depends on what you want offline or online multiplayer and updates and DLCs.

Note - Emulation over PSP Adrenalin is very slow and mostly instable, make no sense, since Vita has better ones.

Reactions: ILuvGames

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for all peter8!!
Any idea why I can open my Psvita Slot? could it be stuck/broken? (any button or special trick to open it?)
Can I put an SD2vita inside? What would be the maximum sd size? am I better off using a back usb key for containing games?

Reactions: ILuvGames

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of points:

1. PSTV is the only device Sony ever issued which can run POPS with HDMI output (https://www.psdevwiki.com/psp/POPS)
2. Once you've installed Adrenaline to run PS1 games in POPS, the default official settings have a bilinear filter on by default. Uncheck this and use the Adrenaline settings.

Reactions: KiiWii

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

[SIZE=4]@HandsomeJack[/SIZE], nice to see a fellow giving advices!

I think I'll keep my ps1 images on my wiiU sd (Wiistation) or Duckstation on android as they can read *.CHD files, also emulation is better on these now. Does the Ps Vita can read all PSP games with same speed and be played nicely with Dualshock4 on psp emulation? (possible also to play multiplayer games?)​

I think I'll use pstv to play PSVITA/PSP games and maybe amstrad games as the emulator seemed nice on PSP (the speed is not an issue with amstrad games, as they "almost" never load).

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

[SIZE=4]@HandsomeJack[/SIZE], nice to see a fellow giving advices!

I think I'll keep my ps1 images on my wiiU sd (Wiistation) or Duckstation on android as they can read *.CHD files, also emulation is better on these now. Does the Ps Vita can read all PSP games with same speed and be played nicely with Dualshock4 on psp emulation? (possible also to play multiplayer games?)​

I think I'll use pstv to play PSVITA/PSP games and maybe amstrad games as the emulator seemed nice on PSP (the speed is not an issue with amstrad games, as they "almost" never load).

POPS is different from other PS1 emulators. It runs on PSP hardware which has the same CPU architecture as a PS1. It's not quite native, however, there's almost no input lag compared even to DuckStation on PC.

I've found overall performance reading PSP games is better when using CSO and overclocking the firmware to 333MHz. SD2Vita performance depends on using a high quality MicroSD card.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ mrmagicm :
I know this sound stupid, but just put the Vita slot of. hihi
I was ask my self the same question for some years ago... you can open slot (written VITA on them).
And YES you can put a SD2vita Cartridge into them, but dont ask me how to install it.

PSP works to 99% all perfect with Adrenalin in ISO files, but the PSTV has one big problem, it has no Native Resolution, so the texture quality are the half of it and looks not nice on big 4K flat screen. The quality over PS3 is insane compare to it.

@ HandsomeJack :
PSP do not need any overclocking tool, its work all perfect as it is, with original Sony MC or SD2Vita. The performance for MicroSD card depends how the file size is, when you are over 128GB than your VITA will start to work slowdown and mostly every port will crash after some time.
True story POPs is very instable on PS2 and many games are just incorrect working, no need for it. Adrenalin can perfect play to 99% PSX files on PSTV.
Emu4VITA has also a very good PSX core where I was able in first time to get X-Files to work, pops and adrenalin was skirmish on that title.

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ mrmagicm :
I know this sound stupid, but just put the Vita slot of. hihi
I was ask my self the same question for some years ago... you can open slot (written VITA on them).
And YES you can put a SD2vita Cartridge into them, but dont ask me how to install it.

PSP works to 99% all perfect with Adrenalin in ISO files, but the PSTV has one big problem, it has no Native Resolution, so the texture quality are the half of it and looks not nice on big 4K flat screen. The quality over PS3 is insane compare to it.

@ HandsomeJack :
PSP do not need any overclocking tool, its work all perfect as it is, with original Sony MC or SD2Vita. The performance for MicroSD card depends how the file size is, when you are over 128GB than your VITA will start to work slowdown and mostly every port will crash after some time.
True story POPs is very instable on PS2 and many games are just incorrect working, no need for it. Adrenalin can perfect play to 99% PSX files on PSTV.
Emu4VITA has also a very good PSX core where I was able in first time to get X-Files to work, pops and adrenalin was skirmish on that title.
POPS **IS** the emulator which runs PSX on Adrenaline. It's inside the PSP firmware.

https://www.psdevwiki.com/psp/POPS

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@peter8
but the PSTV has one big problem, it has no Native Resolution, so the texture quality are the half of it and looks not nice on big 4K flat screen. The quality over PS3 is insane compare to it
I'll be fine, I still play my Atari2600 from time to time ^^ Well, with your answer, i'll try more "violently" to remove the cache ^^
Where shall I put the OS? On the internal memory/ on a playstation vita 8GB memory I have, or on the SD2vita Ssd Card?
Where shall I put the game, which is the best? Can you move os from one placee to the other or the games from one place to the other?
"when you are over 128GB than your VITA will start to work slowdown and mostly every port will crash after some time."
OVER, where, on the internal memory? What is POPs on ps2? (or is it on pstv?) , can play PSTV play *.CHD ps1 files?
Post automatically merged:

I know this sound stupid, but just put the Vita slot of
@peter8 Finally managed to do it! Mine was stuck and I was affraid to demolish it!
@HandsomeJack thank also, very good and interesting advices for a newcomer on pstv and vita like me!! (bought them same time!)
Any idea where I can get the cores for Emu4VITA? I'll try them later, for the moment, trying to make work my sd2vita on the pstv

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Reactions: HandsomeJack

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ mrmagicm :

was affraid to demolish it! -> Yeah !
You must make a choice, Sony Memory Card or SD2VITA. Only one is working.

On Vita over Adrenalin you need to convert the PSX ISO image into EBOOT.PBP files.
On PS2 you must convert PSX ISO images into VCD files and start it with POPs loader over USB or HDD, both has different results. PS2 make a lot of trouble.
For CHD files, I only use untouched ISO images for best quality result.
Emu4VITA, so far I know you can not add yourself cores, the PSX core is already in the code VPK, but not all games works good. The textures are perfect mostly, but many games has slow downs...

Have found out how to play Sega Mega CD on Emu4VITA, its great working, Mortal Kombat 1, today.

@ HandsomeJack :

I was understand you mean Popsloader extra tool ? There is also a boot loader and we dont need this anymore on Adrenalin... so far I know... I do not use it often, since the Video Resolution is not good on PSTV. Otherwise you mean the PSX2Eboot converter tool or what ever.
Anyway POPs can not handle x-Files and some other games to, but other emulators will work.
But Adreanlin can perfect play Mortal Kombat II PSX japan, no other emulator can do this, not even PS2 POPs.

Emu4VITA has Native resolution on PSTV with 1080p, the PSX emulator is very good since the textures are perfect, but many games runs slow, so X-Files and Resident Evil 1 works perfect with 100% framerate, but Doom or Thrill Kill works slow with 80% framerate. Since Doom works only with 80%, I think many games will not have good enough speed.

Truly EBOOT.PBP is also great, because its highly compressed and save a lot space instead of using ISO. But Adrenalin is not good enough on PSTV...

BTW: testing
Mortal Kombat II PSX JAP CHD = Working perfect with Emu4Vita Arch v.1.08
X-Files PSX PAL German Disc 1 CHD = Working perfect with Emu4Vita Arch v.1.08
Metal Gear Solid PSX PAL GER ISO = NOT Working with Emu4Vita Arch v.1.08 - black screen

Last edited by peter8,

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ mrmagicm :

was affraid to demolish it! -> Yeah !
You must make a choice, Sony Memory Card or SD2VITA. Only one is working.

On Vita over Adrenalin you need to convert the PSX ISO image into EBOOT.PBP files.
On PS2 you must convert PSX ISO images into VCD files and start it with POPs loader over USB or HDD, both has different results. PS2 make a lot of trouble.
For CHD files, I only use untouched ISO images for best quality result.
Emu4VITA, so far I know you can not add yourself cores, the PSX core is already in the code VPK, but not all games works good. The textures are perfect mostly, but many games has slow downs...

Have found out how to play Sega Mega CD on Emu4VITA, its great working, Mortal Kombat 1, today.

@ HandsomeJack :

I was understand you mean Popsloader extra tool ? There is also a boot loader and we dont need this anymore on Adrenalin... so far I know... I do not use it often, since the Video Resolution is not good on PSTV. Otherwise you mean the PSX2Eboot converter tool or what ever.
Anyway POPs can not handle x-Files and some other games to, but other emulators will work.
But Adreanlin can perfect play Mortal Kombat II PSX japan, no other emulator can do this, not even PS2 POPs.

Emu4VITA has Native resolution on PSTV with 1080p, the PSX emulator is very good since the textures are perfect, but many games runs slow, so X-Files and Resident Evil 1 works perfect with 100% framerate, but Doom or Thrill Kill works slow with 80% framerate. Since Doom works only with 80%, I think many games will not have good enough speed.

Truly EBOOT.PBP is also great, because its highly compressed and save a lot space instead of using ISO. But Adrenalin is not good enough on PSTV...

BTW: testing
Mortal Kombat II PSX JAP CHD = Working perfect with Emu4Vita Arch v.1.08
X-Files PSX PAL German Disc 1 CHD = Working perfect with Emu4Vita Arch v.1.08
Metal Gear Solid PSX PAL GER ISO = NOT Working with Emu4Vita Arch v.1.08 - black screen
The ONLY PS1 emulator embedded in PSP firmware is POPS. That's what Adrenaline runs.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hum.....As POPS or Any other emu doesn't read *.CHD files, I think i'll stick to my android tv or WiiU to read CHD files, there are much smaller size and my collection is in this. Any good emulators on psvita or PSP that can't be find on a wiiU or Pc?
Finalburn seems the best version on the PSTV console!!

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hum.....As POPS or Any other emu doesn't read *.CHD files, I think i'll stick to my android tv or WiiU to read CHD files, there are much smaller size and my collection is in this. Any good emulators on psvita or PSP that can't be find on a wiiU or Pc?
Finalburn seems the best version on the PSTV console!!
POPS need eboots.

Option 1: https://github.com/sahlberg/pop-fe

This has undergone a great deal of change recently and now has loads of PS1 games working with POPS which previously didn't work.

Option 2: Google: psx eboots

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Understand, but I recommend everyone to change their standard PS1 ISO to *.CHD, it's the future!!
It works nice with almost every titles on ps1!! PSTV or Vita isn't needed anymore to emulate PS1, almost every emulator can do it now and it's a pain to have multiple format of a collection. It's just too bad there isn't yet a ps1 emu that support them on PSVITA or PSTV, it will come.... one day! Also, on the PSTV I bought, there work Castelvania SOTN (symphony of the night) on my pstv, and I tested it, it was much slower than on my android tv or WiiU.....Maybe POPS is worth for some title difficult to Emulate.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ HandsomeJack :
Like I say, I do not use adrenalin, since it has half video texture resolution on PSTV, its bad watching with my eyes on big flat screen. Also PSP is terrible watching on PSTV. I am search new ways. This is a PSTV problem only. You know...

@ mrmagicm :

CHD PSX is working on Emu4Vita Arch v.1.08 ! I have test it all day long. But some games has slow framerate, others works perfect. And as bonus some Dreamcast CHD Images also work with Flycast.

Alien Trilogy (USA).chd = mostly perfect
Blade (Europe).chd = working with 80% framerate
Broken Helix (Germany).chd = working, but no music
Delta Force Urban Warfare (USA) (EnFrEs).chd = working, but framerate 80% or 70%
Doom (Europe).chd = working perfect, 95% framerate on easy difficulty
Martian Gothic - Unification (Europe) (EnFrEsIt).chd = working perfect, (maybe save file error?)
Mortal Kombat II PSX JAP CHD.chd = perfect working
Nightmare Creatures (USA).chd = working with 80% framerate
Test Drive 5 (Europe) (EnFrDeEsItNlSv).chd = working, framerate 80%
Thrill Kill PAL BETA = working with 80% framerate
OverBlood (Germany).chd = working
Vagrant Story (Germany).chd = crash on new game
X-Files PSX Germany Disc 1.chd = perfect working

You miss out the point that CHD has many instable and bad Rom files, many are not tested from start to end. Example Vagrant Story German PAL CHD start but crash on loading screen, bad Rom file.
And EBOOTs are high compressed files and some are smaller than CHD, also for Dreamcast some CDI files are smaller than CHD.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You miss out the point that CHD has many instable and bad Rom files, many are not tested from start to end
You forgot to mention, some CHD were made from corrupted roms then stocked for later use, mine have been done with tests by myself but clearly, what you say can be right, only tests can say if all is fine or not. Never use a german version ^^
Normally, you cannot have lower storage tahn CHD, if Eboots are lower, than mean that they have trimmed something.
I've tested CDIs on dreamcast, if CDI is sometimes smaller, it's just than the transfert to CHD hasn't been done properly or entirely, that's why I don't trust this format. If Emu4Vita give 80% speed for most of all games, better pass to Duckstation on android or wiiU emulator emulator, you'll have 99% on almost all. Emu4vita is not updated enought for PS1, maybe a next version will change things. Did you knew one of the best amiga emulator was on Wiiu? ^^

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ HandsomeJack :
Like I say, I do not use adrenalin, since it has half video texture resolution on PSTV, its bad watching with my eyes on big flat screen. Also PSP is terrible watching on PSTV. I am search new ways. This is a PSTV problem only. You know...

@ mrmagicm :

CHD PSX is working on Emu4Vita Arch v.1.08 ! I have test it all day long. But some games has slow framerate, others works perfect. And as bonus some Dreamcast CHD Images also work with Flycast.

Alien Trilogy (USA).chd = mostly perfect
Blade (Europe).chd = working with 80% framerate
Broken Helix (Germany).chd = working, but no music
Delta Force Urban Warfare (USA) (EnFrEs).chd = working, but framerate 80% or 70%
Doom (Europe).chd = working perfect, 95% framerate on easy difficulty
Martian Gothic - Unification (Europe) (EnFrEsIt).chd = working perfect, (maybe save file error?)
Mortal Kombat II PSX JAP CHD.chd = perfect working
Nightmare Creatures (USA).chd = working with 80% framerate
Test Drive 5 (Europe) (EnFrDeEsItNlSv).chd = working, framerate 80%
Thrill Kill PAL BETA = working with 80% framerate
OverBlood (Germany).chd = working
Vagrant Story (Germany).chd = crash on new game
X-Files PSX Germany Disc 1.chd = perfect working

You miss out the point that CHD has many instable and bad Rom files, many are not tested from start to end. Example Vagrant Story German PAL CHD start but crash on loading screen, bad Rom file.
And EBOOTs are high compressed files and some are smaller than CHD, also for Dreamcast some CDI files are smaller than CHD.
There are pros and cons to using POPS. The biggest pro is near zero input lag.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ mrmagicm :

You are wrong. Original PSN Eboots are not ripped or trimmed, otherwise you do it yourself.

Fighting Force (USA).chd = 279MB
Fighting Force (U) PSN eboot = 80MB -> original PSN Network data, untoched with music

The Eboot is 200MB smaller than CHD
Second Point, there are some CHD files with wrong data structur, in this fact music or videos dont work. Martian Gothic - Unification (Europe) (EnFrEsIt).chd has a save file error, you can not save.
CHD is not the future and was it never, because it dont work on any original console, only some emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s