ROM Hack Hack Of Platinum: Pokemon Perfect Platinum

SuperBlargh9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used Delta to patch anything before......

Can you tell me how to do it?

P.S: I didn't understand how to use Delta even with the ReadMe File. :L

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you could just use the smaller patches and the program I supplied with them...

I specifically made the smaller patches for the technically un-inclined or those with a slow connection...

But if you have linux you have to use the bigger patches.

I figured I made the instructions extremely simple... I always make my instructions to suit those that need their hand held through this stuff... They are literally step-by-step!

If someone wants to make a youtube video on how to patch it (the way the instructions say to) feel free and I'll add it to the download page... I can't make it any simpler...

Anyways, I've had enough to drink for the night, I bid thee adieu...

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimmidice said:
anyone having trouble with the patch just do what i did.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=177...t=0&start=0 download that patch, extract it. and simply change PPCE.xdelta into Patch.pat (overwrite the original ofc) and then drag the platinum rom on the "draguntrimmedromhere" file. much easier then this patcher....
You have been reported for advertising you hack in my thread, I am asking that you remove that link immediately!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RolandHazoto said:
or you could just use the smaller patches and the program I supplied with them...

I specifically made the smaller patches for the technically un-inclined or those with a slow connection...

But if you have linux you have to use the bigger patches.

I figured I made the instructions extremely simple... I always make my instructions to suit those that need their hand held through this stuff... They are literally step-by-step!

If someone wants to make a youtube video on how to patch it (the way the instructions say to) feel free and I'll add it to the download page... I can't make it any simpler...

Anyways, I've had enough to drink for the night, I bid thee adieu...
your patcher is a piece of shit, nuff said. having to input special strings and all that yeah good good
smile.gif

and as for your "report" i lol at it. i'm trying to help people, not to advertise a thread (which btw has 21254545more people looking at it then yours)

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, it isn't my patcher. It's the standard Rom editing patcher. Secondly, you obviously haven't looked at the smaller patches because you need no string or nothing. You simply open the gui, click open rom, point it to your rom, click open patch, point it to your patch, and click start. It takes like 30 seconds and a caveman could do it....
I'd suggest you know what you are talking about before you start flaming people (reported for flaming)
And you are trying to help them by sending them a link to a completely different hack?!?! Right...

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RolandHazoto said:
First off, it isn't my patcher. It's the standard Rom editing patcher. Secondly, you obviously haven't looked at the smaller patches because you need no string or nothing. You simply open the gui, click open rom, point it to your rom, click open patch, point it to your patch, and click start. It takes like 30 seconds and a caveman could do it....
I'd suggest you know what you are talking about before you start flaming people (reported for flaming)
And you are trying to help them by sending them a link to a completely different hack?!?! Right...
ok fair enough, however all i did was give people an option to patch their file easier. you yourself said the GUI ones aren't bug free. no need to get uptight
tongue.gif

ps flames where? worst thing i said was that your (which turns out to not be yours) is shit, which IMO it still is.
but hey we'l let a mod decide
smile.gif

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the record, I did not say it had bugs. I just said that there is no guarantees of it being bug-free. I only mention that because I have seen others use the same patching method and they introduced graphical glitches and even freezing upon contest entry. I suspect that their bugs are caused by the hyper-compression of the smaller patches. While I have not run into any such bugs myself yet, I just put the warning up there that there may be some...
I actually would prefer people use the smaller patches so that if any bugs are come across at least then we can find out about them faster! But at the same time I offer the bigger patches so as to not ruin the player's experience.

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen brief graphical glitches myself but when they do come up they go away when changing areas or sometimes just moving around, but I think that is no$gba's fault and not the rom itself. And all the graphical glitches I have seen I have been unable to repeat. (supporting my thinking that no$gba just screwed up for a moment) And I have yet to find anything game breaking. Also, no one on either of the other 2 forums that I have this on have reported any bugs or issues... Like I said, I only noted that it may have issues due to watching other hacks made with the same system...

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Roland. I've yet to try the new one... not sure if i need to because you did such an amazing job the first time around, its normal rom size, AND the cheats work well.

GUI and non GUI? I should know this, but what is the difference?

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well first off, no matter what I recommend upgrading to the new version so you can get Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaiman, also Rotom's Forms are available and 2 new pokétch apps that cannot be gotten any other way except cheats!
The GUI version is very easy to patch Platinum and uses a smaller patch, while the non-GUI is a little more technical, but there is detailed instructions in all of my readme's. If you have Linux you have to use the non-GUI version. Every version comes with the patcher so there is no need to hunt for them! (I also did this to ensure compatibility with the versions of Xdelta)

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RolandHazoto said:
I've seen brief graphical glitches myself but when they do come up they go away when changing areas or sometimes just moving around, but I think that is no$gba's fault and not the rom itself. And all the graphical glitches I have seen I have been unable to repeat. (supporting my thinking that no$gba just screwed up for a moment) And I have yet to find anything game breaking. Also, no one on either of the other 2 forums that I have this on have reported any bugs or issues... Like I said, I only noted that it may have issues due to watching other hacks made with the same system...
i get that glitch on the HG/SS games. your sprite turns into a gray square till you re enter something, (or open the backpack) dont have it on acekard though, so yes probably no$gba.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't get on the first post of this topic, because of MALWARE
(says Google Chrome)

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I tried patching using the gui version however i get this errror msg " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000015). Click ok to terminate the program.. wonder wat i did wrong i mean i double clicked on the xDelta GUI.exe and got this error msg.. when i doble click on the xDelta.exe a window opens up but closes immediately..

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
I can't get on the first post of this topic, because of MALWARE
(says Google Chrome)
That sort of makes sense... After all I am supplying programs that modify files with my patches... But I can assure you as can about 2000 other people (roughly the number of downloads of my hack on 3 different forums) that there is no malware in any of the files I have uploaded! If there was Bitdefender would never let me do anything with em...

QUOTE(Hotzdevil @ Sep 20 2009, 08:55 AM) I tried patching using the gui version however i get this errror msg " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000015). Click ok to terminate the program.. wonder wat i did wrong i mean i double clicked on the xDelta GUI.exe and got this error msg.. when i doble click on the xDelta.exe a window opens up but closes immediately..
That actually sounds like a windows error, I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say try downloading the C++ redistributable
http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details...;displaylang=en
I could be mistaken, but the error sounds awfully familiar...

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hmmm jst finished downloading and installing visual C++ but still getting the same error msg as well as the the window closing thingy wen i dbl click xDelta.exe.

oops i realised that i typed something wrong in the error log i missed out a number damn stupid me, it was "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." M damn sorry for giving the wrong error msg evn though it was 1 number missing but it could have made it a lot easier to figure out if i had given the correct one..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol