Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon PERFECT PLATINUM

Hack of:

Pokemon Platinum

Story:

Player starts out on their adventure following their overly-hyper childhood friend. In what starts out as just another innocent adventure the player soon finds them self fighting for the fate of the world against the evil Team Galactic in an effort to stop their power lust as they try to control the great Giratina.

Features:

All 493 Pokemon are available!

4 major events accessible, allowing you access to 4 D/P Legendaries!

Notes:
  • I have included every Pokemon scattered throughout the Sinnoh Region. Unfortunately, due to lack of scripting tools at this time many previous (pre-D/P/P) legendaries can be encountered randomly (most if not all are level 70+).
  • I did my best to keep the Sinnoh dex somewhat accurate, but any Pokemon that is not in Platinum will not appear in the Pokedex. I apologize for any inconvienence but we just don't have the tools to edit the Pokedex at this time.
  • I have edited every trade evolution! Normal Trade Evolutions should evolve at level 40. Item trade evolutions now evolve holding the trade item on level up in the daytime.
  • 4 event items are available through in-game trades. Allowing access to event legendaries. (Be sure to remove the items from the pokemon once the trade is completed!)
  • The Stopwatch and Alarm Clock Pokétch Apps can be acquired from the Pokétch President once you have 7 Gym Badges.
  • Challenger's Edition has progressively increasing difficulty for experienced trainer's.
  • Newest releases include patching program and your choice of patching methods.
  • Patch should now be Linux compatible!
  • I've included mirrors in case of server failure.
  • *UPDATED* I found an error with Rotom's form room and have corrected it.
To-Do:

Nothing.
Any versions beyond this point will now be known as Perfect Platinum Extended as we have completed what was my primary goal, to make a complete version of the original Platinum.

Special Thanks:
Mushen - Without him, you may have never seen this release!
SCV - For all his patience with me! (And the extra help you gave us at the end!)

You may choose the GUI versions (they are smaller and easier to handle) although they are not guaranteed to be bug free. The non GUI versions are Linux compatible.
GUI Versions:
Pokémon Perfect Platinum down
Mirror 1

Pokémon Perfect Platinum - Challenger's Edition down
Mirror 1

Non-GUI Versions:
Pokémon Perfect Platinum down
Mirror 1

Pokémon Perfect Platinum - Challenger's Edition down
Mirror 1
Please submit any bugs, issues, or suggestions to me.

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for making this! Looks great. I'll definitely look into trying this out in a few! I just want to finish playing Platinum, unaltered first before I just onboard the "enhanced" version or your "perfect" platinum.
smile.gif
yaynds.gif

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Challenger's Edition has progressively increasing difficulty for experienced trainer's.

what do you mean? just higher level pokes?

# I have edited every trade evolution! Normal Trade Evolutions should evolve at level 40. Item trade evolutions now evolve holding the trade item on level up in the daytime.

this is how it should be.

update: fought Garednia's Lv 70 Torterra... she used wood hammer and the game froze... I'm going to revert back to the standard game.

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta tell ya, it was your game...
I have played through everything on the Challenger's Edition and nothing froze at all...
So either you screwed up patching it or the method you are using to play screwed up...

And not just higher levels but I added more items for them to use and they have different moves to accommodate the levels

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wha.. what? I patched it perfectly! I've never had a problem like this with platinum in a long time! and that hasn't happened since besides now!

damnit, I may give it another shot..

SylentEcho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, can someone please tell me where to find Entai and Ho-oh?

Roland, thanks a lot for making this mod. Its really fun!

One thing though, did you make it so that we earn less money when we battle trainers? I seem to be getting very less money and most of it is being spent on buying Great Balls. It takes SO many balls to catch even a paralyzed or asleep Pokemon.

RemixV4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SylentEcho said:

Entei can be found at Lake Valor, while Suicune and Raikou can be found at Lakes Acuity and Verity respectively. Ho-oh is located on Ravaged Path.

After scanning the narc file, It seems as though several legendaries cannot be found in the wild. Was this intentional, or overlooked? Such an example would be Palkia, who can be found in a certain area using the Pokeradar, while Dialga can't.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after plaything through, I find this to be a great hack (mostly playing after game challengers edition)

one thing, you know that Glitch at the GTS that causes you to NOT be able to see the level of the offering pokemon? (While I know its not your hack- its the original releases hickup) could you fix this at all?

Edit:I'm going to bump this topic because it deserves an honorable mention for being a straightforward yet amazing hack. I'm liking it WAYY better then the popular one- the other one is great, but there is too much shit in it- the levels are ridiculous. the levels are JUST RIGHT in the challengers edition.

quickfingers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm confused i can't get the patch to work i dont know how because there are four choices but when i tried the first one there was no new file or anything same goes for the second so can someone give me a step by step instruction on how to do it

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I'd like to apologize to everyone on here who asked questions and did not recieve answers... I never got an e-mail about new posts! I'll fix this immediately! That being said, I am on projectpokemon's forums all the time as I am a mod there and that is the most updated thread for my project.
quoted from my thread there:
I've been committing a large portion of my free time to trying to debug the PPRE script editor so I can get my new scripts completed. Unfortunately, the way progress is going I will not have my final release ready by this Friday (my b-day) but I have no intentions of giving up on the project!
That being said, progress is continuing, just very slowly...

Also, I now have more insight into the script failure from 3 months ago... For some reason the scipt for the harbor inn door actually got moved to the sailor... I only partially know why, but for the time being it's of little significance...
To see what I'm talking about look here:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...zoto/UPNOW.jpg

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again guys, I am sorry for the lack of responses! So I am answering every question in one big post!
Tac 21 said:
Challenger's Edition has progressively increasing difficulty for experienced trainer's.

what do you mean? just higher level pokes?

# I have edited every trade evolution! Normal Trade Evolutions should evolve at level 40. Item trade evolutions now evolve holding the trade item on level up in the daytime.

this is how it should be.

update: fought Garednia's Lv 70 Torterra... she used wood hammer and the game froze... I'm going to revert back to the standard game.
That is probably an issue with your rom or the flashcart being used, as no one has reported this problem (and I have played through Challenger's Edition entirely)

RolandHazoto said:
I gotta tell ya, it was your game...
I have played through everything on the Challenger's Edition and nothing froze at all...
So either you screwed up patching it or the method you are using to play screwed up...

And not just higher levels but I added more items for them to use and they have different moves to accommodate the levels
I'm not quite sure I understand this... I have added different moves in cases where I felt it was called for, but in a lot of cases the movesets increased automatically with the levels...

ShigeruTR said:
I was made a logo for the game.
smile.gif

ppvlogo.png

Much Appreciated! I actually will start using this!
QUOTE(pokeforce @ May 16 2009, 04:18 AM)
What for tools you use ?
Mostly PPRE, WPEDS, and PPTE and a hex editor...

RolandHazoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to divide the posts up, too many quotes...
Tac 21 said:
wha.. what? I patched it perfectly! I've never had a problem like this with platinum in a long time! and that hasn't happened since besides now!

damnit, I may give it another shot..
Yea, I'd say try it again... Possibly try a different flashcart...

iCrisis said:
Does wifi/globaltrade work?
Yes, completely! Also all my pokemon are legit so you can battle with them where permitted!

SylentEcho said:

Roland, thanks a lot for making this mod. Its really fun!

One thing though, did you make it so that we earn less money when we battle trainers? I seem to be getting very less money and most of it is being spent on buying Great Balls. It takes SO many balls to catch even a paralyzed or asleep Pokemon.
I answered your questions mostly on pokecommunity, and no I did not decrease the money at all, this is actually the way Platinum was designed!

QUOTE(Tac 21 @ Jun 10 2009, 04:22 PM)
after plaything through, I find this to be a great hack (mostly playing after game challengers edition)

one thing, you know that Glitch at the GTS that causes you to NOT be able to see the level of the offering pokemon? (While I know its not your hack- its the original releases hickup) could you fix this at all?

Edit:I'm going to bump this topic because it deserves an honorable mention for being a straightforward yet amazing hack. I'm liking it WAYY better then the popular one- the other one is great, but there is too much shit in it- the levels are ridiculous. the levels are JUST RIGHT in the challengers edition.
I honestly know nothing of this GTS thing but once I find out more I will definitely look into fixing it, but it could quite possibly be an issue on Nintendo's end...
EDIT:Upon some research, it seems fixing this bug would require debugging while connecting to Wi-Fi. I personally cannot do the debugging but if someone else can I can make a fix.

And for the record, if you saw mine on the other 3 forums, you would actually see how big this is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos