MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm pretty sure GW is aware that opening the GW card up to more customers equals more money. No one needs to tell them that. If they can do it, they will. If not, they wont. They are trying, there is too much money to be made for them not to be.

yeah I know, but if we don't put some pressure on them, they might put more attention to others features, and they could give us a quick answer, if they can or if they not, or if it's in their plans, who knows?? we need to try

Darkseeker109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
im curious. Where does gateway go once multirom support is out? what else is left? sure there's bug fixes and rom compatibility etc but wouldn't the next logical direction be to work on getting support on the latest firmware?

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. First I would like to say that Gateway kept their promise and released something within 48 hours.
2. Second, speculations that clones aren't upgradable so to support multi-rom so why is Gateway so worried about their code being stolen that they have to kill our 3DS.
3. I have a Gateway 3DS coming since my R4i keeps freezing so I'm done with clones

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im curious. Where does gateway go once multirom support is out? what else is left? sure there's bug fixes and rom compatibility etc but wouldn't the next logical direction be to work on getting support on the latest firmware?

Keeping up with Nintendo I'd imagine. Obviously the main goal for them is to support firmwares above 4.5.

Reactions: Cyberdrive

hellfire789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They still need to work on rom dumping and enabling online features for roms.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Minor updates to accommodate for newer firmware updates. (Emunand compatibility)
  2. Homebrew, HomeBrew, HOMEBREW!
  3. Online functionality or In-game Cheats (NOT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!)
  4. 5.0+ Firmware compatibility
  5. eshop title/apps working
  6. Screenshot function
  7. Rom Dumping for the public
  8. Virtual console access like smealum
  9. Ramble Pak

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yeah I know, but if we don't put some pressure on them, they might put more attention to others features, and they could give us a quick answer, if they can or if they not, or if it's in their plans, who knows?? we need to try
Use common sense for a second.

"Unlocking" the capability to use flashcarts on firmwares higher than 4.5 would automatically broaden the target audience of their product, massively so. Do you really think that they're unaware of the benefits this could bring, most notably financial ones?

It's not as easy as you think it is - with each new firmware, ROP chains change as well. Whatever worked on 4.5 will not work on any other firmware and has to be re-coded from scratch unless the firmware has a gaping hole in it ready to be exploited. As of today, there are no ways of exploiting firmware beyond 4.5 due to changes in FIRM and we have to deal with that - we'll return to it once the system is properly mapped. Right now there's a zillion other, more pressing matters to attend to.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
  1. Minor updates to accommodate for newer firmware updates. (Emunand compatibility)
  2. Homebrew, HomeBrew, HOMEBREW!
  3. Online functionality or In-game Cheats (NOT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!)
  4. 5.0+ Firmware compatibility
  5. eshop title/apps working
  6. Screenshot function
  7. Rom Dumping for the public
  8. Virtual console access like smealum
  9. Ramble Pak
This. Even if Gateway wants to make support for newer firmware happen, they can't just will it into existence. They have to find an exploit that exists on newer firmware already. I'm sure this would be their number one priority if they had discovered one already, since that would mean availability for a much wider audience, and thus more money for Gateway.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you think piracy is wrong? :rolleyes:

Anyway, you are right, maybe the force- update wasn't the best idea considering it could happen to be friendly fire... But a lock that can only be unlocked using an original Gateway cartridge sounds like a good idea... Only if it doesn't block the use of retail cards
Yes, I think piracy is wrong, but I think spending money is worse, so I don't.

And you're right, a lock on the flashcart would be better, but what if that lock still locks an actual Gateway user? Sure, it doesn't render their 3DS inoperable, but it does render their Gateway so.

BMinkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

compatibility with future titles

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And you're right, a lock on the flashcart would be better, but what if that lock still locks an actual Gateway user? Sure, it doesn't render their 3DS inoperable, but it does render their Gateway so.

if it renders the gateway inoperable at least gateway would have a file or some sort of program that they can send to you via email to bring your gateway card back to working order. that's just a thought.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before Multirom was introduced.

''Fuck gateway, my 3DS was bricked fuck them.''

After Multirom was introduced.

''Ahh gateway, you always give me a full release orgasm, now if you could just solve the malicious code I can forgive you''

Then there's those who are still in the "Gateway can go die in a fire" crowd, despite what breakthroughs they accomplish

Reactions: Yepi69

Breadwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before Multirom was introduced.

''Fuck gateway, my 3DS was bricked fuck them.''

After Multirom was introduced.

''Ahh gateway, you always give me a full release orgasm, now if you could just solve the malicious code I can forgive you''

Full release orgasms are the best

Icepotter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

If you have an official Gateway card, there is no reason the lock would affect you, after all, if they indeed test their releases, they would test that scene with a gateway card and make sure it is working before the release.

The only scenario is if you buy a false gateway looking exactly like the original, and the protection locks you out.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
compatibility with future titles
Considering that the 3DS is already 3 years old, I'm assuming all the best games already came out. Still, the 3DS's amazing surge of games in 2013 and huge boost of sales (especially over this Christmas) could mean even better games down the road, especially at the promise of a new Pokemon game and Brawl in 2015.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    My kitty was watching me play. <3 <3 <3
    its a game that came out a few days ago. Its on Game Pass too.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, but what is the game about?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Never heard of it. Any good?
    You control a kitten. You fall out the window and have to make your way back home. Solve some light puzzles, do cat things like knock stuff over and steal things, trip people up when theyre walking, pounce on birds, complete goals/tasks etc. in the process of getting back to your home.
    +1
    I think ones enjoyment would depend on how much a person loves cats. :)
    +1
    Theres my kitty watching me play.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I'm a cat person so this game must be for me. :D
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, sounds kinda neat
    @SylverReZ It's short but adorable imo. Im a HUGE cat lover.Can be completed in a couple of hours if just going for the main goals. But can be stretched out a good deal by exploring and doing everything there is to do and see.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Reminds me of a similar game called "Neko Atsume", similar to Nintendogs but you look after cats.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot the fly down.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush:
    +2
    oowpf What a work out it would be to help the guy get back down to normal :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't know why pizza hut has fries now
    You're joking right?
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: You're joking right?