Hacking GW multirom demo

starly396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all the people saying they should change the brick code instead of simply removing it, here's the problem: people with Gateway carts have gotten bricks too. This is clearly telling that bugs and glitches are commonplace in coding. For whoever said to make the console upgrade to the latest version to teach them a lesson, imagine this: you wake up one morning to get some Multiroming done on your Gateway, and you see you're on 7.x. That sure taught you a lesson, huh?

By the way, that's not an anti-Gateway post. Just an anti-bricking code post. I'm gonna play my Gateway until my eyes bleed once multirom comes out. Well, a week or more after it comes out to see what happens to people who can't wait.
Still better than being unusable!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this looks great
some things i noticed, music is back!
,( last video showing NAND sav had no music )
anyone notice that they are showing a black and silver XL in this video now ? i wonder what happened to the black and blue XL? maybe it got bricked :lol:

also i hope this works with 64gb xc cards

anyone know when 128gb msd are due? , this would drop the price of the 64gb msd cards considerably

Reactions: Diablos90

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now I'll proceed to automatically forget the brick scandal and cheer Gateway for their success.

No, really, I like it, but I still hope they stop messing with their users

All according to plan, or at least until, in their arrogance, they decide to leave the bricking code in the newer firmware and a whole new wave of bricks.

Reactions: Cyberdrive

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weatMod

I asked gateway about microsd and they said they are working getting the red card to work with 64gb

First of all, sorry for the delays and thanks for your patience and support.
Our final 2.0 firmware will be released soon. We can't give an exact date yet,
as we can find some bugs while testing in depth the firmware on various consoles
versions and region, but it won't be long.

Gateway 3DS supports MicroSD up to 32GB Class 10.
We are working on making 64GB compatible for the multi-rom loader, but it is not
100% yet, so wait until we confirm.

BMinkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that the 3DS is already 3 years old, I'm assuming all the best games already came out. Still, the 3DS's amazing surge of games in 2013 and huge boost of sales (especially over this Christmas) could mean even better games down the road, especially at the promise of a new Pokemon game and Brawl in 2015.

yoshi's new island is the next big game IMO for 3ds might have new protection

Reactions: crazyace2011

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yoshi's new island is the next big game IMO for 3ds might have new protection
That's just great, actual new hardware to stop piracy. I guess nand dumping will also be out of the question on new 3DS's, as will region-free accessory use (such as using the japanese Circle Pad Pro on your US console).

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have an official Gateway card, there is no reason the lock would affect you, after all, if they indeed test their releases, they would test that scene with a gateway card and make sure it is working before the release.

The only scenario is if you buy a false gateway looking exactly like the original, and the protection locks you out.

Devin had a official gateway card, used gateway official file, got bricked. So yeah, why I would believe that something could work wrongly with this lock?
Let's remember that not all flashcard vendors offer assistance after the sale is done and the consumer received a working unit.

I'm hyped as hell about this feature, but won't be using until the launcher is verified and clean of bricking routines by 3rd parties until then I'm going to stick with 1.2 and 2.0b1.
2. Second, speculations that clones aren't upgradable so to support multi-rom so why is Gateway so worried about their code being stolen that they have to kill our 3DS.
It seems that the FPGA on clones are still update-able, some of them seems to have the FPGA writing pins associated with contacts on the back of their PCB, that tells that you have to open your cartridge and plug these pins to something to upgrade them, instead of only plugging on 3DS and running some software (that seems to be the method to use with gateway cards and similar to some auto-diagnostics routines of gateway cards).

Reactions: Cyberdrive

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Armadillo said:
This is what our users will soon be able to enjoy on their Gateway system:
- Integrated menu system
- Emu-Nand with up to date compatibility
- Back up your own game cartridges
- Nand based titles compatibility
- Fat32 based drag & drop Multi-Rom
- New real time save system
- Bricks​

i lol'd

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know gateway went too far in terms of including the code to potentially brick 3DS', but imo you can't blame them for protecting their work. It must be disheartening to find out someone is just taking your work (even though its illegal I know) and then just selling it to make a profit.

Instead of including the brick code, I'm sure there are other options but with reverse engineering almost anything can be opened up so maybe they'll have to face the fact that competitors will continue to do what it takes.

Icepotter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Devin had a official gateway card, used gateway official file, got bricked. So yeah, why I would believe that something could work wrongly with this lock?
Let's remember that not all flashcard vendors offer assistance after the sale is done and the consumer received a working unit.

That is because the actual brick works around the launcher and not the card. But if the feature works around the flashcard that will not be a problem at all.

Gateway has announced this?
As you can imagine, we can read any Nintendo 3Ds like a book. If you send us a console that was bricked any other way - most likely using a clone product (MT card, 3DS Link, R4i 3DS etc.) - we will instantly see it, and you will be required a $100 shipping and handling fee to return your bricked console.

If they can indeed recognize if you have a legit gateway card, i see no problem at all...

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Considering that the 3DS is already 3 years old, I'm assuming all the best games already came out. Still, the 3DS's amazing surge of games in 2013 and huge boost of sales (especially over this Christmas) could mean even better games down the road, especially at the promise of a new Pokemon game and Brawl in 2015.

Most of the greatest DS games came out 5-7 years after the release of the console.
ghost_trick__relax_by_yssab-d373mh8.png

radianthistoria_pt_timeline_thumb.jpg

lzHBTRNzql65omi6yfXY0Ilfo1_400.jpg

Reactions: Nightwish and untok

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know gateway went too far in terms of including the code to potentially brick 3DS', but imo you can't blame them for protecting their work. It must be disheartening to find out someone is just taking your work (even though its illegal I know) and then just selling it to make a profit.

Instead of including the brick code, I'm sure there are other options but with reverse engineering almost anything can be opened up so maybe they'll have to face the fact that competitors will continue to do what it takes.

Whether or not they work was stolen, is irrelevant, there are better and more mature ways of handling such situations. Implementing such code is immature and downright stupid. Only bratty children and politicians throw tantrums when things don't go their way ;) There was absolutely no reason at all to resort to such silly behavior.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...