Gaming Guild Wars 2 - Official Hype Thread

Are you thinking of getting Guild Wars 2?

• Total voters

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild Wars 2

So, anyone besides me pretty pumped for this upcoming release?
Guild Wars 2 said:
Enter the ever-changing fantasy world of Tyria, where you control the story and your actions shape the world around you! With action-oriented combat, deep personal storylines, epic dynamic events, world-class PvP, and no subscription fees, Guild Wars 2 defines the future of online roleplaying games.
System Requirements said:
Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
• Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
• 2 GB RAM
• NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
• 25 GB available HDD space
• Broadband Internet connection
• Keyboard and mouse

Note: Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.

Guild Wars 2 is now available for pre-order on the official site (https://buy.guildwars2.com/) for US$59.99 Standard Edition or US$79.99 Digital Deluxe. The boxed Collector's Edition set is now priced at US$149.99. Pre-purchase customers are given total access to current beta events as well as three-day headstart of access to the service.

And for those too lazy to check the FAQ, just as there was no subscription fees with Guild Wars, there's no subscription fee for Guild Wars 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJTzms3MF0

Edited to reflect current information.

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people would be more pumped if they made it clear whether or not there's adjustable breast size like in Aion.

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get the Guild Wars Trilogy at a major discount from Steam or NCsoft, it's worth getting. It's just really hard to get involved in the multiplayer/PVP aspects as a new player because the first Guild Wars has pretty much run its' course. That is, compared to other games, some of which are free right now.

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have definitely seen GW Trilogy for less than $15 on Steam, but I don't know how regularly they promote it.
My laptop froze in the middle of the response I was preparing for you, and that was:

If you can score Trilogy for less than $20, or GW Trilogy & Eye of the North for less than $30, those are decent prices. The current retail ($29.99 for GW Trilogy and another $19.99 for Eye of the North) is just too much for a game that's run its' course.

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked GW1. Don't know if I'll jump into 2. It's taken too long to come out.

Taken too long? They haven't delayed release and the current development time is within normal levels. Expected release is April/May 2012.

I tend to agree. They shouldn't have announced the development so long before even a tentative estimation of a release date.
Most *major distribution* MMO's / Expansions only start the Official hype machine (website promotion, etc) one year before launch.
I remember looking at their official website in the summer of 2010. It looked a lot like it does now, except fewer classes and race/world information was described there.
Obviously there's a lot more content now as there's a beta on the horizon, but they've been dangling the carrot a bit too long in the scheme of the genre.

edit: more sense needed to be made.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I remember that they advertised Guild Wars 2 on the EotN box and you get some bonuses for GW2 when you play it. They still keeping that promise? lol.

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, your character names can be reserved & your GW1 trophies/achievements can be imported into GW2 with the "Hall of Monuments" which translates into getting some mostly cosmetic rewards in the sequel.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

The final profession of Guild Wars 2 was announced:
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/mesmer/

Let's hope that means a real release schedule is next to come! ^_^

Guild Wars 2 BETA is now permitting signups!
http://newsletters.n...2-02-22/na.html

edit:
This Closed-Beta signup window is only open for 48 hours! I will be trying to get in of course!
This is the Non-Disclosure Agreement phase so there won't be "discussing in-game play" >_

exangel

executioner angel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably regional IP blocking =(
You got that problem in the system checking tool, right?

I didn't have an issue. :/

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Signed up for the Closed Beta. Hopefully will get in, my computer has rather weird specs they might want to test on (high spec laptop)

Game looks damned awesome, kinda sucks there isn't a more human-like beast race. I like customisation in my character and there aren't as many when dealing with a Charr (none very noticeable anyway) and I find just general Human "Races" quite boring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge