• Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot get the "hi from mr gas" message to appear, whenever i click on the failed update install, nothing happens!! Anyone have any ideas???

D

Deleted User

OP
I cannot get the "hi from mr gas" message to appear, whenever i click on the failed update install, nothing happens!! Anyone have any ideas???
Keep trying. It took me about 10 tries once to get it working; you might have some extra luck if you let the bar fill just a tiny bit, instead of instantly pausing after initiating the download. :)

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK , ive tried about 5 times so far....... Im using the game update for uncharted, if that makes any difference.....

D

Deleted User

OP
OK , ive tried about 5 times so far....... Im using the game update for uncharted, if that makes any difference.....
If I recall correctly, I have succeeded with the Minecraft update, the Zen pinball update, and the Treasure Park update. So I don't think the update payload actually matters.

Also, are you putting the system into flight mode before you reset your system?

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ive been switching off wifi, but ill try the flight mode instead :0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The update isnt even failing for me now.... Im about ready to give up on this for now lol

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
ive been switching off wifi, but ill try the flight mode instead :0

The update isnt even failing for me now.... Im about ready to give up on this for now lol
Did you give up in the end lol? :lol:

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes for about an hour, then i started all over again, deleting the unity dev install files completely from the vita and this time it all worked perfectly!!!

The_Goss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the mail.db attachment. I'm using the provided Vita Email Hacker. On my vita (3.01) the attachment shows up as "mail.db", not "\..\..\..\email\message\mail.db", and the vita responds that "This file is not compatible with the PS Vita system."

I've found two other accounts of this occurring to others online. Does anyone know the cause?

SUPER13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE"Migosama, post: 6161575, member: 384340"]You can still have TN-V, I am just saying try installing VHBL first to see if works, then re do the steps to install TN-V, the VHBL bubble will be replaced by TN-V , but then if VHBL works but TN-V doesnt you will know something is missing on TN-V installation, if both doesn't work then there is something on your PSP game or your Vita.[/QUOTE]
Can I install vhbl without an exploit game? Can you guide me to a good tutorial? Any help would be great.

D

Deleted User

OP
I have a problem with the mail.db attachment. I'm using the provided Vita Email Hacker. On my vita (3.01) the attachment shows up as "mail.db", not "\..\..\..\email\message\mail.db", and the vita responds that "This file is not compatible with the PS Vita system."

I've found two other accounts of this occurring to others online. Does anyone know the cause?
Do not use Vita Email Hacker anymore! I really need to edit the tutorial a bit... It's not reliable anymore and it's because of the fact that it just names the attachment as "mail.db" and not as "\..\..\..\email\message\mail.db" like you correctly pointed out... (@RazorX2014, think you could do some tweaking to your app plz? I was really fond of your app for a while, but it's turning out to be a bit of a pickle for the newbies in later versions of that program now... :unsure:)

What you can do is install and set up Thunderbird, forward this .eml file through Thunderbird without modifying anything except for the recipient, which will be yourself, of course. And when you click the forwarded attachment on your Vita, now it should hopefully work! :)

Can I install vhbl without an exploit game? Can you guide me to a good tutorial? Any help would be great.
Here's a good Hackinformer guide you can look at:
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStation..._install_vhbl_bubble_without_exploitgame.html

However, I don't exactly know why you would want to use VHBL on your 3.18 Vita when PSP backup loaders such as ARK and TN-V can already run homebrew on your exact firmware...

Reactions: The_Goss

The_Goss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not use Vita Email Hacker anymore! I really need to edit the tutorial a bit... It's not reliable anymore and it's because of the fact that it just names the attachment as "mail.db" and not as "\..\..\..\email\message\mail.db" like you correctly pointed out... (@RazorX2014, think you could do some tweaking to your app plz? I was really fond of your app for a while, but it's turning out to be a bit of a pickle for the newbies in later versions of that program now... :unsure:)

What you can do is install and set up Thunderbird, forward this .eml file through Thunderbird without modifying anything except for the recipient, which will be yourself, of course. And when you click the forwarded attachment on your Vita, now it should hopefully work! :)

Thank you very much! I'll try this when I get home tonight.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right, new problem. My PSM Dev unity app wants to update but it wont actually do it....... Anyone got any ideas??

D

Deleted User

OP
Right, new problem. My PSM Dev unity app wants to update but it wont actually do it....... Anyone got any ideas??
What firmware are you on? Depending on your firmware, you can use the Package Installer app and install a PSM Dev for Unity PKG update file, if you're on 3.20 or lower.

SUPER13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's a good Hackinformer guide you can look at:
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStation..._install_vhbl_bubble_without_exploitgame.html

However, I don't exactly know why you would want to use VHBL on your 3.18 Vita when PSP backup loaders such as ARK and TN-V can already run homebrew on your exact firmware...

Because i cant get tnv to work.

D

Deleted User

OP
Because i cant get tnv to work.
Ah, yes. I forgot about that. >.>
Did you try ARK afterwards though? You might have more luck with that.

I tried that, it didnt work and now the update icon does not appear at all :(
I'm taking a look at my setup, and I connect my Vita to the internet though Charles Proxy. Maybe you could try setting that up?

Also, do you know if that Vita is activated? That could be an additional issue.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[/QUOTE]I'm taking a look at my setup, and I connect my Vita to the internet though Charles Proxy. Maybe you could try setting that up?

Also, do you know if that Vita is activated? That could be an additional issue.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by activated?

I can try setting up charles, is that the same as vita update blocker?

D

Deleted User

OP
What do you mean by activated?
Usually you activate your Vita to be able to play games from the memory card. But you can activate the Vita through a PS3 as well. See here for more details.

I can try setting up charles, is that the same as vita update blocker?
No. VUB is completely different. VUB spoofs your firmware (but obviously doesn't work with PSN stuff anymore) whereas Charles Proxy allows you to control and manipulate all the connections your Vita makes over the network and over the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/dCvPALlXf6k?si=79a51f2Fxz9buHTX