• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 701,690
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45
D

Deleted User

OP
we found our vita its been lost for months .. anyways ive never lookaed at vita hacking , can you put simply the possibilites with the latest f/w if any...

Nearly zero things can be done with the latest firmware. I think basically you can only access VHBL and that's it, since 3.57 (latest) patched PSP-side kernel exploits...

What firmware is your long, lost Vita on at the moment?

D

Deleted User

OP
the latest , i dunno the number but with me visiting the store , it asked to update so i did...i dont know what VHBL is .
VHBL just runs PSP homebrew and that's it... You can't play any PSP backups on it.
You will have to download MGS Portable Ops EU iirc, and its 3.57 exploit data

D

Deleted User

OP
so you got a link of psp HB ?
I've never really focused much on the PSP homebrew as such, but there's a good Minecraft clone homebrew called LameCraft. All the rest of the PSP homebrew I know are just utilities such as VitaFTP. (I never played much PSP homebrew games back then...)

Migosama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is your Vita a Fat one, does it have 3G? I removed my SIM card that came with it, I had some problems before. Other thing you can do is install VHBL, test some emualtors , then repeat the step of installing the TN-V bubble. It worked for me. You can even use the VHBL folder to run your emulators later.

Last edited by Migosama,

SUPER13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is a fat model, not 3g. I havent tried vhbl. Can you recommend a good tutorial for vhbl or is it easy to find info?

SUPER13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you getting the error too when starting tnv. I mean I get the tnv bubble but then it just doesnt work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I knew that. Thats why I really want tnv.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Because of the rather poor state of the Vita homebrew scene, a lot of the PSP homebrew is probably superior to what is available on the native Vita. The most obvious one that springs to mind is Picodrive, by far the best MegaDrive emulator playable on the 'Vita'.

Migosama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Were you getting the error too when starting tnv. I mean I get the tnv bubble but then it just doesnt work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I knew that. Thats why I really want tnv.

You can still have TN-V, I am just saying try installing VHBL first to see if works, then re do the steps to install TN-V, the VHBL bubble will be replaced by TN-V , but then if VHBL works but TN-V doesnt you will know something is missing on TN-V installation, if both doesn't work then there is something on your PSP game or your Vita.

Mikamiyamoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reposting this question from my earlier thread, seeing as this is a "noob guide" thread, and my thread has been up for days with no replies.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I couldn't find anything after searching for a while.

Is it possible to check whether the whitelist hack was successful without having a 'blacklisted' application already on hand? I recently purchased a PSTV, running firmware 3.35, and followed these instructions to open up the whitelist: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...exploit-playstation-tv-to-run-all-vita-titles but since I don't have a 'blacklisted' physical game card and getting 'blacklisted' digital content onto the system seems impossible without a system update, there doesn't seem to be a safe way of verifying that I didn't screw the process up somewhere. Is there one? Or do I just have to update and have faith that I did the hack correctly?

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw