• Views 701,140
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45
D

Deleted User

OP
You should link THIS
I think is far better than the one you linked
Thanks. I kept in both links in that paragraph just in case the method you linked to, for whatever reason, would not work for users.
I think the reason I decided not to link a tutorial that was similar to the one you linked to was because I just had a hard time getting QCMA to work, and the PS3.Proxy Server method worked out a little more successful for myself.

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I kept in both links in that paragraph just in case the method you linked to, for whatever reason, would not work for users.
I think the reason I decided not to link a tutorial that was similar to the one you linked to was because I just had a hard time getting QCMA to work, and the PS3.Proxy Server method worked a little better for myself.
I was panicking cus PS3Proxy did not work (did not replace the file) CMA Patches gave me some error in the .bat terminal (ran as admin), after almost 2 hours I found that tut and finally worked. No problem you did a great job anyway writing those huge paragraphs :P Thank you

Reactions: Deleted User

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 3.60 and use henkaku and my memory card corrupted. I lost all my games etc - including legit ones - is there a way to spoof onto the psn so i can download them without having to ugrade my f/w? Appreciate any advice!

D

Deleted User

OP
I'm on 3.60 and use henkaku and my memory card corrupted. I lost all my games etc - including legit ones - is there a way to spoof onto the psn so i can download them without having to ugrade my f/w? Appreciate any advice!
I'm pretty sure HENkaku can spoof into PSN without any update nag... it still can spoof PSN from my end anyway.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure HENkaku can spoof into PSN without any update nag... it still can spoof PSN from my end anyway.
Thanks for replying - so as long as I havve henkaku installed I can just go onto psn store? Is it okay for me to sign onto my account as well?

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks for replying - so as long as I havve henkaku installed I can just go onto psn store? Is it okay for me to sign onto my account as well?
There have been no reported bans so far for PSN spoofing on Vita, to my knowledge. Although it's a possibility, there seems to be a very, very low chance of being banned.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just wondering: Does anybody know how long it took for Sony to start banning people for modded PS3s? Also, has anyone really looked into the data that the Vita sends to the PSN server (such as unique game IDs and such)?
I'm wanting to go further with my Vita, but I still want to be able to sync my trophies. I have no problems with waiting for a 100% confirmation that it's safe, but I definitely don't want to proceed if it's not.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be honest, I dont feel like going through 40 pages, so question:
Can you turn off the screen of a vita when transferring using QCMA?

DBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll be honest, I don't want to help someone that can't use a simple search function ;)
I said go through 40 pages, not "don't feel like using the search function".
Obviously I did use that, and it didn't come up with an answer so far, because I might be searching the wrong term(s), I don't know.

D

Deleted User

OP
I said go through 40 pages, not "don't feel like using the search function".
Obviously I did use that, and it didn't come up with an answer so far, because I might be searching the wrong term(s), I don't know.
You wouldn't have found the information in this thread anyway... no-one else asked the same question as yours, if I remember rightly.

And regarding turning off the screen during QCMA content transferring; I don't think you can, to my knowledge. If you put the Vita into standby mode and leave it a few extra seconds, the USB connection will disconnect and it just kicks in to USB-charging mode only.
If you're trying to turn off the screen to try and prevent screen-ghosting on an OLED Vita, then your best bet is to keep open the quick-access menu (Hold down the PS Button) while transferring data. (Quick Access Menu uses plenty of darker colors than the Content Manager screen.)

DBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You wouldn't have found the information in this thread anyway... no-one else asked the same question as yours, if I remember rightly.

And regarding turning off the screen during QCMA content transferring; I don't think you can, to my knowledge. If you put the Vita into standby mode and leave it a few extra seconds, the USB connection will disconnect and it just kicks in to USB-charging mode only.
If you're trying to turn off the screen to try and prevent screen-ghosting on an OLED Vita, then your best bet is to keep open the quick-access menu (Hold down the PS Button) while transferring data. (Quick Access Menu uses plenty of darker colors than the Content Manager screen.)
Alright, thanks.
I did try it for about 20 minutes while transferring DOAX3, but I had to go away so i stopped it.
From looking at the file directory, the last file was written the minute I left, so seems that for the 20 minutes I had the screen turned off (or standby mode) it went fine.
I'd have to try again with a smaller game I suppose.

nbvcxy206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi people ! Could anyone give me a hint ? Just installed TN-X on my 3.18 Vita. Working so far, but the gameplay picture size is a bit too small, I´d like to zoom it up to cover the screen as much as possible but how ? I remember, long time ago, while converting PSX games you could set the picture size, is this right ? Does it work here, too ? Would this be the only solution ? Or was there not such a special menu ingame ? Really does not make fun to play PSX games that way. Any help appreciated... !!

EDIT: SSSOOOOOOLLLVVEEED !!!

Solution: Hold PS Button to get into settings menu, other, then adjust screen.... perfect ! Happy !

Last edited by nbvcxy206,
D

Deleted User

OP
system software 3.55
In that case, you may be interested in purchasing the Mimina Lyar Chronicles PSP exploit game from the USA PS Store. (I haven't attempted to buy games online from an out-of-region PS Store, so I couldn't tell you how to access and purchase it if you don't have a USA account. Sorry about that!)
Exploiting Mimina Lyar Chronicles will allow you to install PSP backups and homebrew, through an installed TN-V or ARK bubble. This bubble is installed to your Vita's home menu permanently.
TN-V allows you to set up the old, official PSP XMB, allowing for old PSP plugins and features. ARK is just an alternative loader that's pretty much defunct today due to its lack of features that TN-V otherwise has...

But that's only if you're not interested in the native Vita backups and homebrew. You may want to instead take the HENkaku route and manually update to 3.60 for PS Vita backups and native homebrew, unlocking the full potential of the Vita! You can also load and create native game plugins just like the old PSP days, as well as making use of a vast array of emulators, utilities, and fan translations that are being constantly created!

I should also turn your attention to the recently-announced ePSP hack for 3.60 by TheFlow. I haven't the slightest of ideas when this will be released, but this will also allow for PSP backups and eCFW (such as TN-V) in the future as well!

Hope this helps you pick your path! :)

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it me, or does restoring a back-up take up a lot of space? I have a 8GB card with about 6GB of free space. Tried restoring up a 2.49GB game and after reinstalling, I only have 722mb left...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...