Hacking [Guide] How To Hack Your 360

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If a comprehensive guide is too difficult, or the processes involved are too risky, or paying someone else to take said risk is too much hassle, or the premium to a pre-modded device is too expensive, or if upskilling yourself is too time-consuming, then perhaps this hobby is not for you. It seems like all the stars have aligned to make this endeavour as inaccessible for you as possible. It might be a sign from the universe for you to go legit.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If a comprehensive guide is too difficult
A comprehensive guide is not going to give you extremely stable, non-shaky hands, the required hardware, or the money if you screw the console up.
or the processes involved are too risky
Yes. How do you all not see that?
or paying someone else to take said risk is too much hassle
Again a punishment for being born in a small country. Did I pick where was I born? At what point in my life did I get a character creation screen?
or the premium to a pre-modded device is too expensive
I'm not going to risk being scammed on these online selling platforms. That "premium" is usually twice the MSRP. Your wallet WILL cry. And a lot. Again, not my fault for being born in a country with a $1500 average minimal wage per month. And now that gas prices are doubled, it's even harder to save money.
or if upskilling yourself is too time-consuming
Years upon years of practice... Also, learning is not that easy. It requires material, and a lot of it. Programming for example just takes keyboard presses, not real-life things.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A comprehensive guide is not going to give you extremely stable, non-shaky hands, the required hardware, or the money if you screw the console up.
Of course it doesn't. That isn't the purpose of the guide.

Yes. How do you all not see that?
Risk is subject to the individual. It is perfectly fine to think it is too risky. But to push it as some objective truth is not.

Again a punishment for being born in a small country. Did I pick where was I born? At what point in my life did I get a character creation screen?
You play with the cards you are dealt.

I'm not going to risk being scammed on these online selling platforms. That "premium" is usually twice the MSRP. Your wallet WILL cry. And a lot. Again, not my fault for being born in a country with a $1500 average minimal wage per month. And now that gas prices are doubled, it's even harder to save money.
Last time I checked, gaming is non-essential. A luxury. Hate to break it to you but life is unfair. It is what it is. You can either choose to be happy with what you (can) have or constantly cry about what you want to have but can't. Your choice. The ball's in your court.

Years upon years of practice... Also, learning is not that easy. It requires material, and a lot of it. Programming for example just takes keyboard presses, not real-life things.
If you don't put in any effort to solve a problem, said problem will continue to be a problem. Which is fine so long as you can accept it and move on but that hasn't been the case at all. The onus is on you to bring yourself up to speed, not expecting the world to slow down to match yours.

me_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of valuable information here for anyone interested. Many thanks.
Two questions come to mind though.
Why isn't this page linked to from the tutorials page?
Writing on XGD3 discs, you mention a need for an iHas drive. Any reason to not use BurnerMax if it works?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any videos about this?
It greatly depends on your console. Use the first post as your roadmap to identity. Once you know what you actually have, finding videos will be easier. If you just search “hack xbox360” you’ll find many variations and metiods of hacking. This is because some models are trickier than others. Find out what drive you have, what motherboard you have, what dashboard version you have, as well as, what version of motherboard you have. These questions were very daunting for me, at first, but eventually I was able to hack my Zephyr.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lover boys and girls, if one hacks this magical device through RGH3, no Live Service connection will be at all possible from then on, amirite?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey mister sexy cat, @DinohScene!

May you help me in here?
Do I need the post fix? Also, what kind of connections do I need to make here? I can't identify the corona version I have because I'm stupid.

xbox360hub has the picture that helps identify the version, but I'm not sure what the differences are (only the visible vias?)

Much love.

Attachments

• IMG_20231214_171719.jpg
    IMG_20231214_171719.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20231214_171659.jpg
    IMG_20231214_171659.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey mister sexy cat, @DinohScene!

May you help me in here?
Do I need the post fix? Also, what kind of connections do I need to make here? I can't identify the corona version I have because I'm stupid.

xbox360hub has the picture that helps identify the version, but I'm not sure what the differences are (only the visible vias?)

Much love.
No you will not need a Post Fix adapter with that model.
Screenshot 2023-12-14 123120.png

IMG_20231214_171719.jpg

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: eyeliner

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...