FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not similar at all.

The 360 is a dual core powerpc based effort with 512 megs of RAM and mid-high tier directx9 era graphics card.

The xbone is an 8 core quasi PC like processor with a fair bit more power with 8 gigs of ram and considerably newer graphics card, also blu ray reader and onboard storage where the xbox 360 kind of has none (some models might have technically and there is the hard drive and USB options but it does not matter much in this).

"converting" one console to another either means someone modded the shell from one to fit another, ran an emulator in the middle (see something like the gb player for the gamecube or the gameboy adapters for the SNES), or the more powerful of the devices has its onboard backwards compatibility/emulators tweaked such that it only/primarily boots to that mode and can function as said same device. See also the GBA macro wherein people took DSes and chopped the screen off/installed a switcher and had them boot GBA stuff primarily, saw a few make the GBA into a GB/GBC, some of the stuff with wii u wherein people booted vwii, I think I saw someone once try to get a JTAG 360 to boot the onboard backwards compatible emulator (hacked version of course) which is pretty pointless as even the hacked version only plays a fraction of the potential games.

The only way you will ever be playing xbone games on a 360 is if someone finds/recreates the source code or equivalent and ports that to the 360. Something I would place money on not happening in any notable capacity for more than a simple puzzle game or whatever random game ID software releases source to in the next 15 years -- nobody really makes 360 homebrew and very few games from this current era of PC are likely to be reverse engineered or see much in the way of source code releases.

Reactions: Kopimist

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay my xbox 360 from September 2009 has HDMI but when I hook it up it says my tv says not support

Did you know you can turn your xbox 360 into an xbox one?
Display may not use the res of your xbox try a component and fix it on the settings with the HDMI,

also.... The 360 is older dual core system thats IMB running Windows 2000 with a new pretty look. It will most likely crash on startup due to the Possessors architecture being different.

Last edited by sombrerosonic,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't watch the videos, but someone on youtube was claiming such things with all consoles. basically, you'd install an update from a newer console on an older one. total bullshit. however, a lot of people were naive to believe it, try it, then come back with harsh words when it didn't work. I wouldn't post videos like this, because it might confuse people.

Reactions: Kopimist

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the current go to nand flasher?

Think I'll swap my trinity over to the chipless glitching at some point, my old matrix nand flasher has seen better days, don't know if it even works anymore. With Xecuter being dead, are the J-R programmers knocking around all clones? Still fine, or something else now?

error404bsod

Koffing Used Smoke. Koffing is already high as fuc
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Display may not use the res of your xbox try a component and fix it on the settings with the HDMI,

also.... The 360 is older dual core system thats IMB running Windows 2000 with a new pretty look. It will most likely crash on startup due to the Possessors architecture being different.
Thanks
It is not similar at all.

The 360 is a dual core powerpc based effort with 512 megs of RAM and mid-high tier directx9 era graphics card.

The xbone is an 8 core quasi PC like processor with a fair bit more power with 8 gigs of ram and considerably newer graphics card, also blu ray reader and onboard storage where the xbox 360 kind of has none (some models might have technically and there is the hard drive and USB options but it does not matter much in this).

"converting" one console to another either means someone modded the shell from one to fit another, ran an emulator in the middle (see something like the gb player for the gamecube or the gameboy adapters for the SNES), or the more powerful of the devices has its onboard backwards compatibility/emulators tweaked such that it only/primarily boots to that mode and can function as said same device. See also the GBA macro wherein people took DSes and chopped the screen off/installed a switcher and had them boot GBA stuff primarily, saw a few make the GBA into a GB/GBC, some of the stuff with wii u wherein people booted vwii, I think I saw someone once try to get a JTAG 360 to boot the onboard backwards compatible emulator (hacked version of course) which is pretty pointless as even the hacked version only plays a fraction of the potential games.

The only way you will ever be playing xbone games on a 360 is if someone finds/recreates the source code or equivalent and ports that to the 360. Something I would place money on not happening in any notable capacity for more than a simple puzzle game or whatever random game ID software releases source to in the next 15 years -- nobody really makes 360 homebrew and very few games from this current era of PC are likely to be reverse engineered or see much in the way of source code releases.
Ok we will see.....

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how you make it sound so easy and then go into rocket science with soldering and all the electronical jargon.
I thought this too, when I first started reading. I never followed through for years. Then I went back and finally was able to hack my OGzephyr with the xk3y and flashing my drive. Cool shit, once you finally grasp it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love how you make it sound so easy and then go into rocket science with soldering and all the electronical jargon.
Is it that or is it that you have some kind of fear of soldering? Your Switch threads seemed to indicate you have very little fondness for the concept. As far as mods go for consoles then the most difficult thing about the 360 is that some methods have a lot of things to do, though that is mostly a matter of plugging away rather than technical skill (very little in the way of soldering to traces or anything) or tool requirements (hot air is nice but you can do it with a fire starter iron). Some of the wire routing might seem odd for those not used to analogue electronics and high speed communications using said same but even that amounts to "leave enough wire, run it through these locations and it will work", no crazy measurements/calibration/fettling needed (to the point I might even rate it behind a POT tweak in some regards).

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ehh... How about removing the Tinypic dead images and replacing them with actual ones? It makes this thread look very VERY outdated.

I should have everything saved offline on me laptop, unfortunately I have no access to that thing right now so I'll make a note of it and reupload them whenever I get the chance.

Feel free to send me a reminder a couple of hours after this has been posted.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Is it that or is it that you have some kind of fear of soldering? Your Switch threads seemed to indicate you have very little fondness for the concept. As far as mods go for consoles then the most difficult thing about the 360 is that some methods have a lot of things to do, though that is mostly a matter of plugging away rather than technical skill (very little in the way of soldering to traces or anything) or tool requirements (hot air is nice but you can do it with a fire starter iron). Some of the wire routing might seem odd for those not used to analogue electronics and high speed communications using said same but even that amounts to "leave enough wire, run it through these locations and it will work", no crazy measurements/calibration/fettling needed (to the point I might even rate it behind a POT tweak in some regards).
Well, I am against opening up stuff and doing modifications in general. There's so much electronical jargon, confusing schemes and things that you don't know whay are they even there. However, doing simple stuff such as reading a number from a component, or taking wires and putting them in their respective holes, is OK and there's a minimal chance to screw up.

Soldering, however? Just... no. This is taking the risks to VERY high levels.

When in the hardware world, any screw up at all ends up costing you money. In the software world, a screw up can mostly be fixed by fetching files and moving them around, except in very severe cases.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I am against opening up stuff and doing modifications in general. There's so much electronical jargon, confusing schemes and things that you don't know whay are they even there. However, doing simple stuff such as reading a number from a component, or taking wires and putting them in their respective holes, is OK and there's a minimal chance to screw up.

When in the hardware world, any screw up at all ends up costing you money. In the software world, a screw up can mostly be fixed by fetching files and moving them around, except in very severe cases.

Pay someone to do it for you.
You pay them for the risk they take and any semi skilled solderer can do this.

Or you know, buy a pre-hacked 360.
They're marginally more expensive then regular ones, hell if you look around long enough, you might find one for next to nothing.

Reactions: CoolMe

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You may be on the wrong site if that is the case.

As far as not knowing why things are there then the same could be said for most things in life. I personally make it my mission in life to understand enough of everything to understand why something is done but it seems most things out there will offer a "do this, do this, do that, do t'other and all is good" approach which is what is needed in this case.

As far as risks with soldering... we each get to assign risk factors (usually a combination of effects if it goes wrong and chance of that happening) but I dare say you will have a hard time arguing your corner on this one. As far as any screw up then no, indeed I would put more money on people screwing up software aspects leading to borked fuses and lack of keys or suitable dumps as being the harder aspect in this one.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You may be on the wrong site if that is the case.

As far as not knowing why things are there then the same could be said for most things in life. I personally make it my mission in life to understand enough of everything to understand why something is done but it seems most things out there will offer a "do this, do this, do that, do t'other and all is good" approach which is what is needed in this case.

As far as risks with soldering... we each get to assign risk factors (usually a combination of effects if it goes wrong and chance of that happening) but I dare say you will have a hard time arguing your corner on this one. As far as any screw up then no, indeed I would put more money on people screwing up software aspects leading to borked fuses and lack of keys or suitable dumps as being the harder aspect in this one.
It's just the fact that there's a VERY VERY high risk of breaking it when doing this. There are very fragile ribbon cables that are literally designed to easily break, usually small enough for you to not notice them, and even if you tear one, it's game over, you have to search everywhere on the internet to find a replacement because it's a very specific part, and then it ends up costing a lot.

And that's only ONE OF THE RISKS. You can accidentally break capacitors, or put the wrong voltage or current into something, etc etc.

Pay someone to do it for you.
You pay them for the risk they take and any semi skilled solderer can do this.
In smaller countries like mine, they are very rare. When we had to repair a Wii U for example, the only repair shop we found was a sketchy shop that only had a window to put the console in.
Initially, the motherboard was broken.
REPAIR 1: Motherboard fixed and the Wii U booted. Wouldn't connect to TV - broken HDMI port.
REPAIR 2: HDMI port fixed and the Wii U finally connected to the TV. Now there were TWO issues - my NNID that I linked previously was unlinked and couldn't be re-linked, it stated that it "already was linked to another console". I wasn't making a $3/min international call to USA for Nintendo support, so I just made a new NNID and connected it. After 10 minutes, however, the RBLOD came up - the fan was not spinning this time and the Wii U overheated.
REPAIR 3: NNID still couldn't be linked, and RBLOD still came up. Fan still not spinning. Not sure what did they even do.
REPAIR 4: Finally an usable state, still no NNID link though.

If we had to resort to a sketchy repair shop to even be able to get our Wii U into a working state, how likely do you think that I'm going to find a person willing to do illegal hardware modifications to a console?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's just the fact that there's a VERY VERY high risk of breaking it when doing this. There are very fragile ribbon cables that are literally designed to easily break, usually small enough for you to not notice them, and even if you tear one, it's game over, you have to search everywhere on the internet to find a replacement because it's a very specific part, and then it ends up costing a lot.

And that's only ONE OF THE RISKS. You can accidentally break capacitors, or put the wrong voltage or current into something, etc etc.

In smaller countries like mine, they are very rare. When we had to repair a Wii U for example, the only repair shop we found was a sketchy shop that only had a window to put the console in.
Initially, the motherboard was broken.
REPAIR 1: Motherboard fixed and the Wii U booted. Wouldn't connect to TV - broken HDMI port.
REPAIR 2: HDMI port fixed and the Wii U finally connected to the TV. Now there were TWO issues - my NNID that I linked previously was unlinked and couldn't be re-linked, it stated that it "already was linked to another console". I wasn't making a $3/min international call to USA for Nintendo support, so I just made a new NNID and connected it. After 10 minutes, however, the RBLOD came up - the fan was not spinning this time and the Wii U overheated.
REPAIR 3: NNID still couldn't be linked, and RBLOD still came up. Fan still not spinning. Not sure what did they even do.
REPAIR 4: Finally an usable state, still no NNID link though.

If we had to resort to a sketchy repair shop to even be able to get our Wii U into a working state, how likely do you think that I'm going to find a person willing to do illegal hardware modifications to a console?

Give me your shipping details and I'll get you whatever you want as long as you pay for it...
There, found you a person.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol