GTA VI development footage supposedly leaked

1663493684196.png

GTAForums user teapotuberhacker has seemingly leaked footage from an early build of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto VI overnight. The alleged leak contains some 52 minutes of playtime over 90 distinct videos. Many clips feature a female lead, which seems to corroborate Bloomberg's July report that the next GTA game will feature a female protagonist. Many shots also feature a landscape that appears reminiscent of Miami, in an apparent callback to Rockstar's 2002 installment, VIce City. However, the setting appears to be in a different town altogether, as in-game signs and police cars bear the name "Port Gelhorn".

The clips jump between active in game playable scenarios, and basic development testing. Physics engine vectors and object names appear throughout the videos, and many NPCs appear less detailed and unpolished compared to the player character. It's unclear when these videos are alleged to have been initially produced. Early work on GTA VI began in 2014, but full scale development likely only began in earnest after the release of Red Dead Redemption II in 2018. If this leak represents recent development footage, the game is likely at least a few years from release.

The leaker joined GTAForums today, and also claims to have in his possession source code and assets from GTA V and GTA VI. He posted several screenshots of the supposed code on that forum, and hinted he may have plans to dump that as well. Only time will tell whether this constitutes actual development footage, but if fake, this would likely constitute hundreds of hours of work to create such convincing forgery.

:arrow: Source

Additional YouTube links of aggregated footage 1 2

Update: above links are no longer functioning due to complaints issued by Take 2 Interactive, you can find an archived version here

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Doubt it, something like this didn't stop Half Life 2 or most other games that got their source leaked. Didn't even stop WoW when it happened multiple times.
I thought Valve did end up changing a lot of the source code after the HL2 leaks? And most people won't risk their WoW accounts because of the monthly subscription fee/sunk cost.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Valve did end up changing a lot of the source code after the HL2 leaks? And most people won't risk their WoW accounts because of the monthly subscription fee/sunk cost.
That was a common myth after the leak. The source code was actively being changed before the leak even happened, as was the game's story and direction as well. There's a lot of ideas from retail HL2 floating around in the beta leak for example, including weapons and mechanics whose functions were still being toyed with all the way up to Half Life 2: Episode 2. The Hopwire's been around since 2002 for example and they've been trying for over 5 years to get that damn thing to work.

Clarification, the reason the game took so long (and what inspired the leak in the first place) was that they were totally rebooting the entire story in 2003.

Last edited by LainaGabranth,

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
This game will suck, more than 5 sucked. Fem protagonist is nice but we all know how this one will be lmao.
Fat and dark skinned female protagonist to feed the woke genitalia-cult cultists. A universal formula that seems to work so well nowdays.

Yea, that game will be great.

Reactions: september796

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly I'm kind of happy to see a female protagonist in a GTA game, nice change of pace imo.

As for the leak itself, it could mean a lot of things going forward, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Reactions: altstink

altstink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We don't know for sure if the (female) model shown in the footage will be the main character/ protagonist or not.. It could also be just one of the character models for the Online mode (in GTA VI)..
watching some of the clips, the dynamic between the female player character & the male that seems to acompany her in a lot of the clips really does remind me of Claude and Catalina tbh as in they have a Bonnie and Clyde dynamic going on, which seems a lot more interesting that V's protags imo

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inherently I find such a leak as exciting, but after that feeling settled, I'm feeling more annoyed that now the initial reveal for GTA 6 will really be lacking in that shocking initial reveal factor. It will certainly be nice to see the final finished product, but this was essentially a huge spoiler that does a great job of killing the initial hype the reveal would have had around it.

Reactions: altstink and CoolMe

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good and there seems to be some engine changes under the hood, but graphically it still looks like GTA V. There were clips where the GPU in the top-right changes between a GTX 1080 annd an RTX 2080S and the ray-traced AO on the 2080S looks pretty meh and full of ghosting.
The environments look really cool though, there was a short spot where they went to the beach and it blew my mind seeing the same spot from Vice City like that. I think it'll turn out good

If this person actually drops a build or source code that can actually be compiled without some crazy in-house software i'd cook and eat my own ear but there's no way that the stars will align like that

Last edited by orangy57,

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
yeah why can't games just stick to being about straight cismen only, smh on god 😔😔:tpi:
If you don't want these sort of homophobic comments to gather that much power then maybe the very first thing you should do is to stop using that made up "straight cis" term that's obviously used in a pejorative and confrontational manner.

If you really want homophobia to go away then stop giving it such a spotlight and stop spreading segregation and confrontation between "us" and "them", between "cis" and "fluid", between "hetero" and "homo", and start treating everyone the same way regardless of their sexual orientation.

Also, maybe it'd be a good idea to stop antagonizing a group that represents 99% of the population (literally, the "cis" outnumber you 99 to 1).

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want these sort of homophobic comments to gather that much power then maybe the very first thing you should do is to stop using that made up "straight cis" term that's obviously used in a pejorative and confrontational manner.

If you really want homophobia to go away then stop giving it such a spotlight and stop spreading segregation and confrontation between "us" and "them", between "cis" and "fluid", between "hetero" and "homo", and start treating everyone the same way regardless of their sexual orientation.

Also, maybe it'd be a good idea to stop antagonizing a group that represents 99% of the population (literally, the "cis" outnumber you 99 to 1).
Frankly, the best thing to do is just ignore such comments entirely. People that feel such a way aren't about to stop, and calling attention to their feelings only validate them all the more. The majority of gamers are going to love GTA 6, and if there is LGBT content in it, those people will either accept it or look past it. The only people that are dismissing the game on such principles were people that were ready to hate the game to begin with regardless.

Reactions: AHB and tabzer

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cis male insecurity and its consequences have been a disaster for humanity

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Frankly, the best thing to do is just ignore such comments entirely. People that feel such a way aren't about to stop, and calling attention to their feelings only validate them all the more. The majority of gamers are going to love GTA 6, and if there is LGBT content in it, those people will either accept it or look past it. The only people that are dismissing the game on such principles were people that were ready to hate the game to begin with regardless.
Yeah I tend to ignore those comments, but I found it entirely illogical the fact that I was about to reply against those homophobic comments but I ended being forced to be on their side by the same people I was about to defend. Makes you wonder if they really do care to end homophobia or if they love to have it around so they can keep claiming victim points.

cis male insecurity and its consequences have been a disaster for humanity
says the person that can't even decide if they are a boy or a girl, talk about insecurity.
Btw, the existance of "cis" implies that gender is indeed a binary system, but I don't expect you to even know how to apply proper logical thinking.

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Obviously needs a lot more work, looks like they didn't even upgrade the V engine yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro