GTA VI development footage supposedly leaked

1663493684196.png

GTAForums user teapotuberhacker has seemingly leaked footage from an early build of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto VI overnight. The alleged leak contains some 52 minutes of playtime over 90 distinct videos. Many clips feature a female lead, which seems to corroborate Bloomberg's July report that the next GTA game will feature a female protagonist. Many shots also feature a landscape that appears reminiscent of Miami, in an apparent callback to Rockstar's 2002 installment, VIce City. However, the setting appears to be in a different town altogether, as in-game signs and police cars bear the name "Port Gelhorn".

The clips jump between active in game playable scenarios, and basic development testing. Physics engine vectors and object names appear throughout the videos, and many NPCs appear less detailed and unpolished compared to the player character. It's unclear when these videos are alleged to have been initially produced. Early work on GTA VI began in 2014, but full scale development likely only began in earnest after the release of Red Dead Redemption II in 2018. If this leak represents recent development footage, the game is likely at least a few years from release.

The leaker joined GTAForums today, and also claims to have in his possession source code and assets from GTA V and GTA VI. He posted several screenshots of the supposed code on that forum, and hinted he may have plans to dump that as well. Only time will tell whether this constitutes actual development footage, but if fake, this would likely constitute hundreds of hours of work to create such convincing forgery.

:arrow: Source

Additional YouTube links of aggregated footage 1 2

Update: above links are no longer functioning due to complaints issued by Take 2 Interactive, you can find an archived version here

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source dump would be hella fun but I honestly doubt it.
I really want to drive off this hill for some reason, I hope this is legit and they leak the build

1663495722066.png

Reactions: orangy57 and Seriel

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really want to drive off this hill for some reason, I hope this is legit and they leak the build

View attachment 327711

Somehow it kinda reminds me of Rabisco's GTA V recreation on the Vita.

I honestly hope the story in VI will be better then V, they can't possibly make it worse.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The good news is that judging by the quality in the Youtube videos, this should run at a stable 60 fps on your Pentium Core2Duo with 2GB of DDR3 and GTX 950.

I bit it will be as poorly written and dull as 4 and 5. another dead overhyped series
If you're correct, shareholders will be VERY happy.

"It is the second best-selling video game of all time with over 169 million copies shipped, and as of April 2018, one of the most financially successful entertainment products of all time, with about $6 billion in worldwide revenue."

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it's still in early development. We won't see a release until 2024~25 at the soonest..

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Female protagonist got a fat ass :tpi:

But other than that, it looks more like V than Vice city. Which is not something I like.
>___>; I shared this screenshot because of the interesting bus stop on the right
unknown.png

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Winduss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well this obviously looks awful, but it would be quite a lot of work for someone to fake this. Although at the same time it’s good to be skeptical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc...