First trailer for "the next" Grand Theft Auto to arrive early December [UPDATE]

gta.png

According to a new Bloomberg report, Rockstar will announce the next installment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise as early as this week. The report further mentions that the company aims to follow up the announcement with a trailer next month to celebrate Rockstar’s 25th anniversary. GTA 6 has indeed been in development, with leaks even surfacing online last year, but Rockstar hasn't shared much about the game until now. But this might soon change if Bloomberg's report holds true. However, this news has to be taken with a grain of salt as the report cites "people familiar with [Rockstar's] plans" who asked to not be identified because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly. That said, are you looking forward to GTA 6?

:arrow: SOURCE

Update

Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games has announced on Twitter/X that the first trailer for "the next" Grand Theft Auto will debut in early December of this year.

Last edited by shaunj66,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We are very excited to let you know that in early December, we will release the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto. We look forward to many more years of sharing these experiences with all of you.

So, many more years of trailers rather than an actual release?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this going to be the first GTA game to have a female PC forced into it by rabid political-correctness mandates?
I don't necessarily see a female character as a bad thing if done right (i.e. don't push politics and whatever) then it can feel natural and fun! :)

I've recently got into playing Cadillacs and Dinosaurs arcade game and I always pick the chick, named Hannah. It's just somewhat more enjoyable with her.

Reactions: CoolMe

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can their fans stop acting like drug addicts that miss cocaine now?

Their constant bickering and fake clickbaity release dates for the trailer was so fucking annoying, they even started making concepts of announcement tweets, CONCEPTS OF A TWEET SAYING A RELEASE DATE jesus

Between that and how shitty R* has become these last years, 0 hype at all for this title, And I'm pretty sure they will focus on GTA Online 2 (or whatever the fuck they'll name it) again with its predatory microtransactions and crappy and insecure P2P connectivity

Reactions: Xzi

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have nothing against your tastes, every person has different preferences.

As the game is on third person perspective, for me, I like 1 billion times more staring at a woman's back than a man's back, but again, I respect your tastes.
I'm straight, but I prefer playing as males as I find it far easier to emotionally connect with male characters - it's far easier for me to 'put myself in their shoes', as the saying goes - than it is with female characters.
Especially when it comes to combat and the like, as I find the idea of women assaulting men quite distasteful on its own; so for those two reasons (easier to connect with other guys, and not liking female violence) I don't like playing as female PCs.

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Especially when it comes to combat and the like, as I find the idea of women assaulting men quite distasteful on its own;
Distasteful? More like unrealistic, as if a chick would be able to wield a gun like the madman you usually play as in GTA games.
That being said I don't have a problem with playing as a woman in general, but almost exclusively in fantasy games since there isn't any "realism" anyway in that sense.
Same story as usual: nowadays it's more important to feed the need for representation of minorities instead of delivering what the majority wants.
The second I saw the fact that it features a woman, I decided for myself I won't be playing the new one, not even testing it before I would buy it like every other GTA in the past. Another one bites the dust.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forward to Dec 1st. Million on youtube waiting for the trailer. Black screen, R's logo fades in and slowly fades out, abother black screen, then Duran Duran's Rio starts to play follow by "Grand Theft Auto VI" logo fades in and stay on the screen for 5 seconds, then "Coming soon" fades in under the logo. The the whole thing fades to black

Million of people look piss. :creep:

Reactions: Intragroove and Xzi

Lather

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm straight, but I prefer playing as males as I find it far easier to emotionally connect with male characters - it's far easier for me to 'put myself in their shoes', as the saying goes - than it is with female characters.
Especially when it comes to combat and the like, as I find the idea of women assaulting men quite distasteful on its own; so for those two reasons (easier to connect with other guys, and not liking female violence) I don't like playing as female PCs.

Distasteful? More like unrealistic, as if a chick would be able to wield a gun like the madman you usually play as in GTA games.
That being said I don't have a problem with playing as a woman in general, but almost exclusively in fantasy games since there isn't any "realism" anyway in that sense.
Same story as usual: nowadays it's more important to feed the need for representation of minorities instead of delivering what the majority wants.
The second I saw the fact that it features a woman, I decided for myself I won't be playing the new one, not even testing it before I would buy it like every other GTA in the past. Another one bites the dust.

to me I will only choose a male protagonist to play any game that promotes violence, because I believe that women should not be associated with violence by nature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...